“Great value, great people!”

Katerina and John's Hotel
Ranked #37 of 40 Hotels in Perissa
Reviewed 20 June 2014

If you've read any of the other reviews you probably realize by now that this is not a fancy hotel; the experience is more like a hostel with only private rooms. They get cleaned every other day and are pretty basic. We paid for a double room and it came with a King bed and a twin bed, a mini fridge and a working air conditioner. The hotel is located in a super tourist friendly but not overcrowded area, a 10 minute walk from the beach and just down the street from a grocery store, atm, 24 hr bakery, and tons of bars and restaurants. Attached to the hotel is a competitively priced ATV/ scooter/motorcycle rental shop.

Even if this was all that was included in the experience, I think it would be worth the super reasonable price, but what was really great was the service and the people who work there. John picked us up from the airport at 9pm (he was there waiting with a sign right outside baggage claim when we arrived) AND drove us and a group of others to our ferry at midnight a few days later, all for free. Later I saw him at the ferry port waiting for arrivals, so I don't know when he sleeps. Anyway, I think this is a service offered to anyone who stays there a few days as long as you give a heads up. Also, the woman working the front desk (I want to say Daniella but I could be wrong) knows like 7 different languages and gives great advice about where to go and what to do. All the people who work there are super kind and friendly, the pool is clean, there are dogs to pet, the location is convenient, and getting around from there is really easy (I'd suggest ATV but it's also right on a bus stop).

Considering we chose this hotel based almost entirely on the fact that it was the least expensive option, I feel like we totally lucked out, and I'd recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a laid back, affordable stay in Santorini.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eileen B

Reviewed 8 June 2014

we (a group of erasmus students from heraklion) found this hotel in internet. We "slept" for one night in this hotel and it was perfect for our needs! People really kind and price really cheap! Next to the hotel it's possible to rent a motorbike or a quod and the beach is near, maybe five minuts.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Katerina & John's. We were picked up on time from the port promptly with no hiccups. The rooms were definitely basic, and the bathroom didn't have a shower curtain, but for the price, we had no major complaints. It is literally right around the corner from the black beach, which was beautiful, and right next to both a local bus stop and moped/atv rental place, if you'd rather do that (we rented an ATV for one day, and did the buses on another day. I would recommend renting SOMETHING at least on one of your days, only because taking the buses can restrict you, timewise. The last bus from Fira to Perissa leaves at 8:45, which is kind of early). It should be noted, also, that we had friends staying in Fira, and our ATV was a solid 5 euros cheaper. There is a bakery right across the way that is fantastic: they're open 24 hours, were the friendliest people in the world (honestly, the bakery staff was a highlight for us), and had delicious pastries for breakfast, or a snack. We also found the entire staff incredibly helpful--we were given a map, directions to everywhere you'd ever want to go, recommendations on the best sites to visit, etc. Through them, we ended up booking the Volcanoe/Volcanic Islands Tour with the added sunset in Oia for 26 euro--if you have the time, DO IT. Overall, we walked a way from our stay here feeling overwhelmingly satisfied. We did everything we wanted to do in Santorini, in large part because of the people associated with Katerina & John's.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Anna T
Reviewed 31 May 2014

i didn't reserve this hotel via internet, i just walk in and ask John to show me the room, i wanted to stay in the dorm room, but change my mind after he show me the room (i had live in dormitory for more then half year, i knew what it was like), and then he show me a private room, which is quite nice, just next to the swimmihng pool, the room is spacious and clean, toilet as well, but the cooking facility in the room is basically just decoration, not quite useful. i am quite happy with this room and the price, so i decided to stay 5 nights in here, enjoy my holiday.
the location is fine, not too far from the breach, supermarket and the bakery, as well as the bus stop.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Hennessy H
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Didnt expect that John would be waiting for me at the ferry terminal at all! Saved me from all that hassle of transferring to 2 buses to get to perissa not to mention the cost! Dorms were ok, considering the price i paid, and it came with a nice pool too! Location was near the beach, a 24 hr bakery n supermarket. Just that the bus to Fira comes as it pleases... Regardless of the schedule! Waited 1 hr plus once for it to come by! The best thing was, when i booked a midnight ferry, even though he had no guest to pick up from the port. John sent me and 2 other people there! At 11.30 pm! I was so grateful amd touched. A truly nice gesture! Thanks a lot John!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Parissa was not at all what we had expected and originally intended on changing hostels/hotels but John was so lovely and the quad bike hire was right next door. The pool was exactly what we needed after our big nights in Fira and there were no complaints of our room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Jenniquaah
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was supposed to stay here for three nights, but my ferry took a 32 hour detour to Athens, so I ended up flying instead. Poor John waited the entire night at the port because our ship's internet went down and still came to pick me up the next evening at the airport, and took me to the port two days later. I stayed in one of the single rooms and it was fine and had a balcony. They were very helpful in terms of directions and suggesting places to eat, and I rented an ATV for the day. Would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor, it was perfectly quiet and well lit, and reasonably priced (private ba...