“Back home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 41 Perissa B&B and Inns
Paris
“Back home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

My friend and I recently returned from a stay at Amelie Hotel in Perissa. where we had a fantastic week for the second time. Vicky, the manager is very professionnel and helpful. She and her staff always do their best to ensure you enjoy your stay and holidays.
There are shops and restaurants just around the corner and the nice beach of Periisa is at 5 minutes walk only. The rooms are spotless clean.
we also enjoyed going back to our best tavern, the Cyclades tavern.
I highly recommend Amelie Hotel, you will found true hospitality.
We will definately return.
Bochra. Paris

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

My partner and I recently returned from a stay at Amelie Hotel in Perissa... we had a fantastic time.

The rooms are more than adequate with fridge, tv, and air con included alongside small balcony/seating area with table and chairs.... In addition, they are kept exceptionally clean with daily towel change, etc.

The manager at the time, Vicky, is faultless - nothing is too much for her and she goes out of her way to ensure you enjoy your stay.

Breakfast is basic but more than adequate with fresh bread daily, cereals, yoghurt and honey....

In terms of location, it's less than a 5 minute walk to reach Perissa seafront, but with such a lovely pool and bar, my boyfriend and I tended to stay in the hotel rather than venture to the beach!

Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sarah1060
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

I started writing about how much we enjoyed our stay at Amelie a few weeks ago in May. Thought about how warm and welcoming our host Vicky was. How clean and fresh, and tidy everything always was. The simple and healthy breakfast every morning. But as I wrote these things down and glancing at how positive the other reviews were, I suddenly realised if I add too much to the well deserved kudos received by the Amelie Hotel there won’t be an available room next time we come back to Santorini !

So I won’t mention these things again. Nor will I mention the cosy rooms, comfortable beds and linens. Oh yes, and on the upper floor you can sit and marvel at the light of the setting sun, as it sinks behind the mountain, occasionally glancing over at the whitewashed church perched on the mountainside . Did I say that out loud? Nor will I mention the quiet, especially in the mornings. And what a blessing that the Amelie is off the beaten path so no motor cars or scooters whizz by. Darn, there I go again. Can’t help myself. Did I mention the lovely pool that leads right up to the bar. The 5 minute walk to the beach. I really must stop. I’ve been to many places in this world and Santorini is the one place I choose to keep coming back to. It’s that beautiful. It’s obvious this beauty has inspired Vicky and and her partner Marios to create this very special (and Santorini affordable) getaway accommodation. 3, 4, 5 Star, none of that really matters when you have hosts as special and caring as these. In fact, I’ve been to so-called 5 stars in Greece. It’s not the number of stars, it’s how you use them. I think I’m gushing now. I’m probably still feeling the affects of the scent of honey suckle that slaps you silly as you walk through the gate into the Amelie.

So hire a scooter (or a quad) and see the real Santorini. Smell her air, taste her food .... the island is gorgeous. Discover the beaches, soak up the sun. Visit the historic ancient Thira and do not miss AKROTIRI, one of the finest archaeological dig sites in the world (no lie, it is wonderfully excavated and presented). Eat the fresh Greek food; God's Garden (trad and the warmest of welcomes) and Ntomatini (neuvo-Greek Cuisine) are both in Perissa and WOW, you won't be disappointed. And please, to the Tropical Bar in Fira: watch the sunset, drink, go eat, come back, drink more and fall down...

But hey, I thought of a negative! There were a couple of off-on partly cloudy days and one day, and very unseasonably for May, it even …. rained … for 5 minutes. I had to mention it to Vicky. She said she’d fix that, sort it out for next time. No doubt she will. And until next time: Thank you so very, very much. Efxaristo para poli Vicky !

Room Tip: We always like an upper floor, just ..... because. But I think any room at the Amelie is going to b...
1 Thank TomTravel1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Amelie hotel for 4 nights in may. After a long 6 week honeymoon dealing with horrible hotels and staff Amelie was a fantastic change and really made it a honeymoon or us! Vicky who manages bent over backwards to make our stay fab. We did not organise a thing. Her service was amazing. Firstly the room were a good size and the bed was comfy with good pillows!! There was a great range for breakfast and te bread was always good. The pool is very large and there is a great set up outdoors. With lounge chairs pool table and bar. There are shops and restaruants just around the corner and the beach is a 2 minute walk, there are beach restaurants and bars where people over the island travel to each day. Vicky organized a car for us so we could come and go as we please, prices very good. Fira is 15min drive, we only went there at night as there is no beach. Vicky was very helpful on what to do and where to eat. I cannot say a bad thing about our stay. What makes this hotel stand out is that it's more personal the level of service is more than what you pay for. Prices are very reasonable and would be worth every penny if they charged more! I will stay there again with no hesitation. Thank you Vicky for making our honeymoon special and fun!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Beckypp
Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

Had an excellent stay here this month in this small hotel in Perissa. Vicky made our stay so special she made it like a home from home, organising trips for us and making everything stress free. The breakfast was good and lots of it.The rooms were very clean and had all you needed. I would recomend it for couples who want a quiet break. Lovely !!!

Khalkis, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Amelie.Nice breakfast, clean room, friendly staff, specially Vicky (manager) who was very helpful and always ready to give you information and help you with maps and directions.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

I'll keep it short and simple. Best choice for me and my wife. Clean (up to a level that you start wondering how they manage) at all times, very near Perissa beach which made it really easy for us when very lazy to catch the bus to Fira city, excellent value for money as the room had everything we needed (a/c, satellite tv, phone, security box, and bathroom toiletries!!!) breakfast was included and it was very rich for a 3 star hotel, the pool area is magic and the views towards the mountain are breathtaking. The service by all staff was the most attentive we ever received, and what we found unusual, comparing our experiences with other hotels we've stayed, is the fact that everyone had a smile on their face from breakfast to late night drinking at the pool bar. We found it extraordinary. By far, the best choice we could have made. Just re-booked our holidays for next July and the owner, Marios, amazingly, he remembered me and my wife and a coversation we had at his bar about the global climate change!!!!! Awesome. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty much the same, not big but fully equipped. That's all you need for a destin...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank activist1980
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perissa
Stelios Place
Oia's Sunset Apartments
Artemis Village
Artemis Village
#5 of 15 in Karteradhos

Been to Amelie Hotel? Share your experiences!