“Dont listen to those nonsense reviews! Excellent bar!”
Review of Bob's Bar

Bob's Bar
Ranked #5 of 10 things to do in Perissa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Dont listen to those nonsense reviews! Excellent bar!”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

What a bar. Fantastic mixture of staff. Drinks are cheap and yes some of the spirits aren't the standard brand, but for the price you cant complain, if you want the real thing all you moaners can go and pay 10euro a cocktail. I spent 60 on my last night and did not leave til 6 in the morning, after a certain time when it had died down, I got a host of free shots pints and cocktails. Cant complain? Why people do I dont know. You snobs can go elsewhere and pay expensive prices! I woke up that morning with a killer headache yes, but the first thing I did is go back down and had a pint and a cocktail, headache gone! What a bar what a place and great friendly staff. They can't do enough for you. If they didn't then ya must of been boring and a mardarse. Simple as. Definitely take a visit, well worth it!

Visited July 2013
5 Thank marcboss91

Cranbury, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Warm drinks, drunk bartender”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My boyfriend and I have been in the hospitality industry for 15 years between the both of us. While we often rely on sites like Trip Advisor and yelp, we have never actually written a review. However, the filth and bazaar practices we witnessed this evening at Bob's warrants a review.

The first thing we noticed after ordering our cocktails was that the faux-hawked bartender was also enjoying a couple cocktails himself in the group of people behind us. He got up with a bark from our waitress and proceeded to make the worst drink I have ever consumed. First of all, we are in Santorini with 85 degree heat and I had no ice. The drink just tasted like warm orange juice. It was placed down in front of me on a mildew-ridden paper coaster that had obviously been reused (this was later confirmed as we watched the team bring old coasters back to a dispenser to bring to new tables). We also watched the bartender make a mojito.... By this point he was a little buzzed and decided to do a few tricks at the bar for show. With his bare hand he threw some ice cubes in the air and caught it in his shaker. Then he added some mint, syrup and alcohol, and gave the muddler a few twists on his palm before putting it in the glass. Kudos to the head waiter who reprimanded the bartender for making free drinks for his friends only to return to the street where he proceeded to dance like a fool coaxing innocent pedestrian into this filthy establishment. Mind you throughout this terrible experience witnessing all of these unsanitary methods of service we also had to deal with an unbearable stench of cat piss.

To top it off, as we asked for the check we listened to Afroman's "Because I Got High" as we tried to explain we needed change for a €5 to leave a tip. After telling us they don't give change, for the first time in our lives, we left without tipping.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Knaylor41
Ludlow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beware of bad drinks”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I'm not a big drinker. Often go weeks pretty much teetotal. However, occasionally I take a notion. Anyway, a few days ago we popped into this establishment as apparently we were in dire need of a drink. After exchanging some awkward chit chat with the staff we went ahead and ordered our usual rounds of G&T's, paid our bill and head to our hotel room only to find out that the worse was yet to come. The most disturbing night was upon us followed by a strong hangover that was caused by the cheapest, unlabeled obscure liquor I have ever tasted. If you care about your health do yourselves a favor and have your drinks elsewhere. While writing reviews may not be my 'cup of tea', i feel obligated to warn people about places like this.

Visited April 2013
8 Thank Vangai76
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Piña colada to die for...........”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Bob's bar is the best place to sit and relax after a long day on the beach.
This is a family run bar with Bob at the helm, some of the most friendly people on the planet.
We have been coming here since 2003 and can't get enough of the place.

When we are in Greece, we give everywhere marks for the toilets.... Bob's = 9.5/10

For the lovers of coctails, the Piña colada is a must. We have tried them all over the world .... but be careful they are over 400 calories each..... And the beer is cold and tasty.

Could this be the scource of the best Piña colada in the world?

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Dexwilde
West Yorkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“The best bar in Perissa”
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Love Bob, Illiyas and Victor. We have been going to Perissa for the last 10 years and this is the best bar there. They are so friendly, drinks are reasonable and the tunes are fantastic! See you all in September xx

Visited September 2012