All reviews restaurants and shops small kitchen kept spotlessly clean water taxi ancient thira cleaned daily loungers fridge balcony fira beach santorini
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We spent 4 nights at Mark & Johanna's hotel and enjoyed it a lot. We were 3 students looking for a rather cheap but nice place to stay and found the perfect match; the beach is 5min away on foot, there are restaurants and shops around, there's a cute little pool and it's a very calm place. We had a small kitchen in our room so we could cook. We arrived a little late from the airport, but the owner was kindly waiting for us and showed us immediately the room and explained everything we have to know about our sojourn. They also kindly organized a taxi for our trip back to the airport.
The only bad points:
- The dishes in the shelves were dirty so we had to wash everything before using it. I'm aware it's the guest's job to clean after themselves, but I think the cleaning lady should nevertheless verify that everything is clean for the next guests.
- There were shampoo stains in the shower when we arrived. Again, the cleaning lady could have done better...

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank DDRyba
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I loved my stay at Mark & Joannas! The staff was helpful and attentive. The beach is a 4 min walk away! Perissa is a perfect little town away from the buzz and crowds of Fira and oia. I loved my stay! I will most def return next year!

Lizzy -

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank lduverge
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

What a gem, on arrival ( quite late in the day) we were warmly greeted by a happy friendly face and shown to our well equipped studio ( with cold beers and fresh water in the fridge!!).
The air conditioned studios were cleaned every single day and fresh towels provided daily.
But staying in an apartment is more than just the bricks and mortar, nothing seemed to be too much trouble and every request or query was responded to by the owners/staff who genuinely wanted to help.
If you are thinking of staying in Perissa these studios should be considered, as I believe you will be hard pushed to better them.
We certainly would return here again.

Tony & Pauline (UK).

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anthony W
Reviewed 9 July 2016

We spent 3 weeks at the Mark and Joanna studios and found the accommodation to be exactly as advertised. We look for simple, basic, clean accommodation in Greece and these studios were ideal for us. The owners are very pleasant and always available whilst at the same time leaving you in peace Rooms are cleaned daily, and the location is a pleasant 5-10 minute walk down to the beach (depending on how fast you want to walk). Its a nice quiet spot at all times, and great for those who don't need a bar on the door step. We would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Probably best to ask for an upper room
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Tenchsweep
Reviewed 4 January 2016

Unless you're on a budget I wouldn't recommend staying here for anything more than a couple of days. The owners are lovely and very welcoming but the rooms are basic. The bed was perfectly comfortable but the cutlery in the kitchen drawers was falling apart. We ended up buying our own!
The shower in my bathroom gave me a few electric shocks and was difficult to control and the bathroom itself had a funny musty smell which wasn't very hygienic.
Wifi was good and worked well and the location is very handy with the black sand beach, bars and restaurants just a short walk away.
All in all this is a good place to stay for a short stay if you're on a budget, just don't expect anything luxurious!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family