Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
sharron h
rode heah

Very enjoyable

Review of Ourania Studios
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Jun 2019via mobile
Just arrived back from ourania studios,
The location is great, the views are amazing,
The owners are lovely,work very hard,enjoyed chatting to Christos and his lamb chops are delicious,a must if you stay here,
It’s a very relaxing holiday here, lovely pool,
The apartments yes are very basic Greece,
But clean ,just the job, to sleep, shower ,make a brew, with great views from balcony,
First time in Petra, loved it
Can’t wait to get back,and spend time here again ,and see this lovely family,
Thankyou
Pool
  • eDreams
1.4 miles from Ourania Studios
View more hotels in Petra
All reviews portion sizes bed sheets basic greek style great taverna who cares pots pans air con relaxing holiday lamb chops minute walk from the village returning next year plenty of sun loungers visiting petra rooms are basic returned home unspoilt greece seen better days
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 October 2018

As the Title suggests on the Thomas Cook website they highlight this as a 2 Star accommodation, so don't expect bells and whistle, it says what it is on the Tin.
Room - good wardrobe and draw space to put all your clothes etc. away. Beds ok may not suit everyone. Shower good and powerful plus plenty of hot water. Cooking facilities basic 2 rings, Kettle, Fridge typical Greece Studio, Tided most days, Towels changes every 3 Days or so Bedding change 3 times while we where they Two times more than we do at home. Balcony to have a drink and game of backgammon on.

Swimming Pool - Good size nice and clean plus a kids pool. Plenty of beds and umbrellas great views of the Fields and Mountains, very relaxing space, the odd day when only us by the pool.

Food - Onsite Taverna serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. With some on the best food in the resort at competitive prices.

In summary the overall package in my opinion far out way the 2 Star Listing great place to go and relax and unwind

Yamas Ourania for a great holiday.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank glennbC710ZE
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Having already visited Petra and stayed in the same accommodation due to it's position, we decided to use this again. The surrounding views are just beautiful and very peaceful whilst being very close to the village.

The nearby village of Molyvos is just picture postcard and a great place to eat, meet and just relax. I would recommend most highly anyone looking for a relaxing, real Greek holiday.

My mistake was when I mistakenly thought some money had gone missing from my wallet when we prepared to leave on the final morning. Rather foolishly, I mentioned the loss of around £35 to the owner who I knew to be a little volatile, but non the less I believed it the right thing to do. No, it was definitely not the right thing to do! He impounded or luggage, refused to let us get on our coach, despite the best efforts of the travel rep who did a great job. The situation escalated when I tried to take our luggage back which very nearly resulted in violence. He then decided to call Interpol (his words) FBI and many other ridiculous statements. It was around this time I decided to check our passports and the missing money dropped out. "Oh no" was my initial reaction. I quickly "fessed up" but the situation was now out of control.

Anyway, 1 1/2 hours later, the Police arrived, I explained the error was all mine and they spent the best part of two minutes remonstrating with the mad Greek and then said we were free to go. It cost me 70é to get a taxi to the airport as the coach had long gone.

Please, please, please do not let this put you off visiting Petra, just remember that if you stay here do not attempt to provoke the mad Greek. Incidentally, he has a low opinion of British holiday makers. They regularly check your room when you are not in and remove towels placed against the doors to keep the cocky's out. He also thinks we just get drunk all day and are incapable of knowing what we are doing. I'd not had an alcoholic drink for a week before this incident took place.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank kimkeith2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Echoing other positive reviews on here we have just returned from a weeks break at the Ourania studios in Petra Lesvos and thought it was great.
Accommodation is basic but has everything you need to be comfortable and clean and make basic snacks.
The pool area was quiet and we had it to ourselves most of the time, very relaxing and peaceful. The taverns served tasty and reasonable priced food.
The owners were helpful and cheerful. I had no issues at all with the break.
As others have said, show some appreciation for the setting and give them your patronage at the bar and taverna. The food was lovely. I can recommend the club sandwiches and the chicken souvlaki which came with rice, chips, half baked potato stuffed with cheese and mushrooms, salad and perfectly grilled chicken, one of the best meals I had while visiting.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Navigate14114
Reviewed 25 July 2018

Great basic accommodation, excellent hard working hosts, food tremendous, pool area totally relaxing. Location set back from the beach in a farming area yet within 5-10 minutes walk of the resort centre and seafront - take a torch to take advantage of the shortcuts. I can't say more than I'd return tomorrow if I could.

Room tip: Room 12 in the Annex has great views over the rural valley behind Petra.
Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Wow what a wonderful place, this isn’t your swanky all inclusive singing and dancing massive hotel this is what staying on a Greek island should all be about.
Surrounded by fruit and olive trees and a farming countryside with a short walk to the beach and shops this wonderful quiet location just oozes Greek culture and lifestyle.
The food was just delicious with massive portions, the poolside was clean and the rooms were comfortable.
The family that owned it were very helpful and so friendly and it was a pleasure to see them out on their tractor in the field. We had a wonderful holiday

Date of stay: July 2018