Nakellis
US$41
Panorama Hotel(Petra)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$125
Hotel Miramare - Petra(Petra)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$72
bedfinder
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnext yearpeace and tranquilitybeautiful islandper weektwo weeksmany yearsblue skynikossheervillageaccommodationlesvosholidayseason
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Nakellis is a tranquil haven far from the madding crowd!
Surrounded by olive groves and walnut trees it offers rest, relaxation and a homely atmosphere. Nakellis is just a 5 minute walk from the centre of the village and to the nearest supermarket it’s slightly less.
The owners Nikos and Paniotta are lovely and treated us like one of the family and even though they don’t speak that much English it didn’t matter because between us we all managed to converse perfectly well! It’s so true what they say…give a little and see what you get in return. They were fun, generous and did everything imaginable to make our holiday as enjoyable as possible.
The pool area was lovely with plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas and bordered by beautiful flowers.
The apartment (room 10) was typically Greek and perfectly adequate with twin beds, a wardrobe, dressing table with stool, small kitchenette and bathroom with shower (no curtain!). The very private balcony which overlooked the olive groves was a good size with 2 chairs and a table and had the sun for most of the day which meant the room was quite warm!
There are 10 rooms in total – 4 upstairs (nos 7-10) and some apartments downstairs can sleep 3 (1 x double bed and 1 x single bed).
Rooms 3, 8 and 9 are at the front of the property and overlook the pool area but I don’t think these balconies get any sun which depending on how you look at it can be a good thing due to the very hot temperatures but if you like to see what’s going on, these rooms are perfect!
Air-conditioning is €7 per day and none of your own food and drinks must be consumed round the pool but this is definitely for tax reasons and not some ploy to make you purchase stuff from Nakellis as confirmed by English ex-pats that live there!
On arrival we were not only met by Niko and Paniotta but also by an amazing group of people who as it turns out come at the same time every year and have been doing so for years which speaks volumes in my book! These lovely people (you know who you are!) invited us to become a part of their group and every evening we all used to meet on the terrace for drinks before going out for dinner and then we’d meet up again later on back at Nakellis for “nightcaps” and laughs aplenty! To that group of lovely people and to Niko and Paniotta…we thank you for making our holiday one of the best we’ve ever had and who knows…we might see you again back at Nakellis! X
P.S. Did anyone find a black neck massager…I seem to have lost mine?!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank CWade
Reviewed 2 September 2013

For the fifth year running we chose to go to mini heaven. Nikoe owner and now a very dear friend met us off the bus to take us home.(home is where the heart is and a big piece of ours is at the Nakellis).His wife Panayota greeted us with a big hug.
The Nakellis is simplicity at it's best.Quiet,very clean and very relaxing.The rooms are basic but homely and very comfortable.clean towels and bedding regularly..Whilst around the very clean and Beautiful pool refreshments can be purchased served by nikoe and/or one of his lovely daughters Dimitria and Stella.simple but beautifully presented food is available until 3pm. The greek salad is all home grown (except for the feta)even down to the olive oil on it.
There is nothing that can be critisized about the Nakellis unless you have paid apartment
prices as this accomadation is and expect Hotel luxury.The Family have good English but not fluent,trying a little Greek is always appreciated,friendliness towards them rewarded.
In week one out of 10 rooms only one couple had not been here before.In week two all were returnees. Approx 85 % of guests return every year and if not then ever other year.This really is home.
My daughter 9 the only child here this year had great fun with her inflatable seal,a young lady of 14 and lots of willing adults.Belly laughs all round.It was lovely to see lots of familiar faces again,week 1 Karen & co and week 2 the Adams family from the Villaaage, wirrel perninsular. John and Sandra from Sheffield.Thanks all for being good fun.going this afternoon to book for next year.

Room Tip: Room 5 is our favourite at the back but still with pool view from balcony.Rooms 9 and 10 upstairs very popular .Don't think there is a bad room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank eviehelen_lewis
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed at Nakellis 27th July for 1 week. We holiday in Greece twice a year and know what to expect accomodation wise. This was above average. The room (No3) is typically greek with twin beds, larger than normal bathroom with hand held shower. nice but narrow balcony.
Kitchen basic but enough to make a snack and tea - electric kettle but no toaster which is the norm. if you intend to cook it is limited. Air con 7 euro per night.
Nik and his family are excellent hosts and very friendly. The pool is excellent and the surrounds / gardens are very well maintained and pretty. The pool is not child friendly with no childrens pool and depth of 1m to 2.5m. Plenty of sunbeds and great view of the church.
Had lunch twice which is very good quality and good value for money.
A short walk takes you into the Village of Petra where there are many places to eat and drink and we never had a bad meal. Prices are good with 4 adults having 2 x courses, wine and beer for 50 to 55 euros.
A great holiday in nice studios and great location, superb weather all week.
Will definately return to the Nakellis in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Trev S
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Just got back from our two week stay at the Nakelis this was our third visit and have already booked to go back next year with our family. We have been to many Greek islands over the years and have always enjoyed our hoildays but we do seem to be drawn back to the Nakelis due to the location which is always quiet and restful. Nik and his family have always been great NEVER once felt that any of them have GRUNTED even when we have kept Nik up until the early hours of the morning drinking with other guest again repeat visitors. The food is fantastic big portions (cannot refuse the homemade cake which Nik's wife makes) not sure how to spell her name !! will check this next time. The rooms are standard but clean (but in line with other Greek accomadation) if you want 5 star them pay for it !!! Their are many local tavernas and I wish I could try them all.
Thanks to Pauline Terry Dave Julie Steve and Andrea for making this years hoilday a good one and again to Nik and his family see you next year xx

Room Tip: Rooms 1 3 5 and 7 have the sun in the morning the rest get the sun in the afternoon
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sandra T
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed at the Nakellis studios for one week in the middle of June this year. First impressions were good as its in a lovely location but I was soon greeted by the grumpy manager (he owns the studios with his two daughters) who grunted to have a look at my documents and generally wasn't very welcoming.
I was shown to my room and immediately given a run-down on the things which I am not allowed to do (i.e. don't shove coins or a spoon into the card key slot for the lights! Pretty obvious if you ask me). If you are unsure as to anything else you might or might not be allowed to do, the various signs around the complex will keep you up to date (from 'do not feed the stray cats' to 'don't bring your own drinks to the pool for tax reasons'!) hmmm.....

The room was very basic, with only one cupboard and desk in the room. There was no toaster in the room, no towel hook, the shower was just a shower tray in the bathroom/wetroom and it was very hard to keep the water from completely soaking the toilet and toilet paper (which was right next to the shower). Some of the cutlery was slightly rusty and the fridge made an all mighty racket whilst it was on so had to be turned off during the night. The kitchen area generally looked pretty tired.

Another issue that I had with my stay at Nakellis studios was the amount of noise going on in and around the complex. The walls seemed to be wafer thin and so any little movement from adjacent apartments (why people insist on trying their hand at feng shui in the dead of night is beyond me!) would be amplified. I could clearly hear the couples' next doors conversation through the walls - thankfully them talking was the only thing I heard during my stay!

Nearby stray barking dogs in the early evening and a strange sonar sounding beeping noise (we believe it came from the local radio tower) starting at about 11pm and beeping on and off during the night got pretty annoying. Obviously this is not at all the fault of Nakellis Studios but worth mentioning.

During my weeks stay, the one bath-towel and one hand towel were only changed once and the bed sheets weren't changed at all and during the final night they had started to smell damp. Not very pleasant!

Some good points though was that the pool area was lovely with a beautiful pool and the surrounding gardens are very nice. The only thing that was missing from the pool area was a bar (although this wasn't a big issue as the daughters will happily bring you drinks from the drinks fridge). The location of Nakellis is brilliant being just a few minutes off the main road down a little back road.

As my parents and other family members were staying at the Sunshine Apartments in Petra (about 5 minute car ride away from Nakellis) I spent a lot of my time there by the pool during the day. I really can't rate this place highly enough. The pool area is lovely with a little bar area and the owner Stavros and his wife are so friendly and accommodating. Even giving me free pint of the local beer from his bar!
When it was time to leave Stavros shook my hand and wished me a safe journey (I wasn't even officially a guest in his apartments but it just shows the level of courtesy). The owner at the Nakellis didn't even ask if I had a nice stay upon leaving - and it was probably for the best that he didn't.

So to sum up, its in a very nice location with a nice pool and gardens but cleanliness, the grumpy owner and overall quality of the studios lets it down.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo