“Impressions of Lido star” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lido Star Beach

Lido Star Beach
Ranked #32 of 36 Faliraki B&B and Inns
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Impressions of Lido star”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Short evaluation:
- poor breakfast, not all food was available the time when breakfast was served, no water available.
- table cloths were not changed in a week time.
- rooms were spacious, but basic, good to sleep.
- one large cockroach on the stairs.
- very good position directly on the beach.
Overall, my wife and me were there for sea and sun, that is what make us modestly satisfied after all.

Room Tip: Sea view is good, though continental view is not bad either. It is very hot, because it is facing we...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank peter k

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks in August 2013. Everything was good, the staff was friendly and tried to help. The breakfast was quite usual, but the dinner was very tasty every evening.
The location is fantastic as this is the only one beach hotel nearby, so it takes only 30 seconds to the beach! :)
Besides, there are a lot of restaurants, beach bars and cafes along the beach line.
So, highly recommend!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank deam_chee
St. Petersburg, Russia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Negative:
- one cockroach, big, each day to see you (11 cm long, together with the 5 cm whiskers!, but only one...).
- music in the two bars on the beach downstairs at night until three o'clock (but we slept out,surprisingly it was enough there to have a good rest..)
- nobody at the reception desk in the evenings (before the departure date we wanted to prolong our staying due to late flight, we had to find the propriator for this trifle. But... we wanted to prolong:)
- the boss speaks only French, (and there is nobody at the reception, see above)

Positive:
- weather in September is fine, around 25-30 degrees C, 23C sea water
- it is a beach hotel, you go in slippers outside
- bus to the city of Rhodes, 25 minutes , each 20-30 minutes,
- 5 minutes walk along the beach to the bus
- and to the bargain: Nissan Micro eats very little
- not windy side of the island, many bays to swim at walking distance.

For example, the famous Antony Quinn bay, which is considered not at the walking distance, we still went there once by car and the second time foot-slogged (walked one hour and a half during our last day, started at ten in the morning, and went back at two, after swimming in the AntonyQuinn bay and also in the second bay nearabout, which was really tough! The way back was horribly hot:) But it was our last day).

Room Tip: Sea view is better, you need not air condition (fee). The higher storey, the better (ours was second...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Parzifalinthemood

Travellers are raving about these Faliraki hotels

Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Very good location, on the seaside. This hotel is very simple but with great seaview. From the room you can see the small church on the groyne from small fish port. The restaurant is situated almost on the beach. They don't have the pool, but for me it isn't a problem. I prefer the sea. It is the hotel rather for couples not for children, may be boring for them. We ate there breakfasts and dinners, but they weren't tasty, but eatable. I would come back there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Zurusie
Chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Just to make it clear - I did not stay here so cannot really comment on that side of things. I really wanted to say how good the food is but it isn't listed on here.

I walked past the beach and a lovely man started to speak to us. It looked busy outside and the food smelt gorgeous. I thought I best try this place before I went home.

On the day I went to the restaurant it was very busy. It has a sign outside ''big pint of cold beer 2 euros'' you can't miss it!

I wanted to try some Greek food while I was here and I wasn't disappointed. I asked for some advice and the waiter could speak great English and explained everything to me, I think he was pleased we were wanting to try Greek food.

I had the chicken souvalki - this is basically a very tasty chicken kebab with lots of salad, fries and pita bread. It was so tasty and one of the nicest meals I had whilst I stayed here. Just saying a kebab doesn't do it any justice! It took a while to arrive but it was worth the wait.

My partner ordered a Greek platter - this had a mixture of everything to try a bit like a mini meze. Too many things to mention but we both really enjoyed it - so tasty and fresh.

I would recommend this place for somewhere to eat. It has lovely views of the beach and surrounding area. The owner is so nice and was always happy to chat to us when we walked past.

Good luck trying to get the bill though - they seem very laid back!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ChesterChick
saint petersburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed in Lido Star in June 2013. This hotel and advantages and desadvantages. Rooms are bit old fashioned , but has everything inside and cleaned every day , what is a good plus. We had breakfast and dinner. Dinner was amazing , how we heard , there is a new russian cook , who knows her job very well , they offered to us starters , 2 main courses and dessert. Everything perfect , even in compare with close tavernas in Faliraki. The breakfast were very poor , maybe we used to have a good breakfast , but for us was not enough eggs and cheese , we would like more diversity . The staff is very friendly , many languages speaking and always ready to help. All in all , the place is quit nice for the price we paid, we could offer it for everybody who wanna visit . And , for sure , the biggest plus for the location is , that , the hotel is 1 minute from the beach . Enjoy your holidays !

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AnnSaintPetersburg
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have nothing but great things to say about the Lido Star Hotel, Taverna and Bar. Lovely atmosphere, comfy and clean accommodation with breathtaking views. Fresh, quality Greek cuisine and hands on, nurturing service.
Would not hesitate to come again....and again....and again! Thanks to Mixalis and all the staff.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family