“Safe and well run establishment.”
Review of Moscha Hotel

Moscha Hotel
Ranked #26 of 71 Hotels in Faliraki
“Safe and well run establishment.”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This is a family run apartment complex.
The family I found to be very warm and welcoming. I felt very safe and secure while staying here.
The pool area is kept clean and there are plenty of beds
The food is prepared fresh by the wife, it is basic but I had no complaints
Rooms are basic and not suitable for self catering.
Very close to the beach and about 15 minute walk into town

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Annette B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Orpington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My son & I have just returned from the Moscha apartments which are conveniently located to the beach and a 15 minute walk into the main town. You can either walk via the road or beach, both ways are very easy.
It's pot luck what room you get, both rooms we had were very small but I do know there are some bigger ones available.
I have to say the cleanliness of the rooms was intermittent, I ended up using the broom on the landing to sweep our room, our toilet bin (no loo paper down the toilets in Greece) wasn't changed for two days - not very nice so I left it outside our door but still wasn't emptied. For a self catering apartment you won't be able to do too much, make a cup of tea/coffee is about it. A toaster in the room would make a difference to some people.
The pool area is lovely, kept very clean and there are plenty of sunbeds to be had - no reserving with towels which was lovely to see.
Our first room was situated on the ground floor at the back of the block (overlooking the bins) next to the bar area which became very noisy in the evening. I asked to move rooms which was possible two days later. We were moved to the 3rd floor. Unfortunately it was still very noisy, mainly due to people who were attending a wedding (the couple and family were staying at the apartments). I'm all for a good time on holiday but at 4.30am & 6.30am on consecutive days I really would like to have some peace and quiet! One morning at 9.30 there were still people (wedding guests but not staying at the apartments) drinking in the bar from the night before - believe the owners should have stopped serving at some point but it appears all other paying guests were forgotten about which was a shame as this determines whether you would go back. On our night of departure, due to the number of people attending another party for the wedding couple we were not able to sit in the bar area or by the pool, we were huddled together like cattle in a side area by the ground floor bedrooms. There appeared to be complaints being made by other paying guests at this time but it didn’t seem to make any difference.
The owners are really nice people and have a lovely spot where the apartments are but they should be mindful of guest’s needs and expectations. Bearing in mind we had to pay over the odds to stay here due to school half term I am really disappointed that I have had to report the above, I would like to go back and stay at the Moscha again because I liked the family and position of the apartments but this experience has really put me off I'm afraid.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Gillybeans61
london
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have just returned from weeks stay at the moscha the rooms were clean & spacious location very good 2 mins from beach 10 mins from main restaurants & bars run by very lovely family always there to help steve the barman happy & friendly would recommend to all ages went with my 12 year old grandson he loved it & asked can we book to go back next year which we will be doing

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank annl_hunt
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Had a great week here at the moscha, perfect location. Very short walk to the beaches and town centre. We went in June, got a very good deal with olympic holidays. The weather was perfect, hotel quite quiet - had the pool to ourselves most days! The rooms are basic but clean and nice balcony. Only two problems were the shower was not great and the air con was quite expensive. Loved our week in Rhodes would definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pool are very nice and quiet. Some you can see the sea from.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ali1245
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

to all you moaners we have been going to faliraci for 25 years. stayed at moscha maey times. never had a bad holiday yet . the owners are great people treat them right and thay will do the same. as for steve the bar man you could not meet a better person. he is a great guy.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank roddentry
Frome, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

We have been staying at Moscha for many years and just returned after having another fantastic weeks stay, Stamos and Christola are fantastic hosts and Steve is a great guy and good fun.
Moscha is very clean and beds cumfy and the staff keep it spotless and all make you feel
very welcom
See you next year from Shirley & George

• Stayed September 2013
Billingham-on-Tees, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Rooms are simple but extremely clean. We had a sea view which was fantastic. We only had one problem while we were staying here which was the shower was pathetic, so we removed the shower head to enable us to get washed. While the cleaners were in the next day they noticed the shower was removed and informed the owner who then.... FITTED A BRAN NEW SHOWER FITTING!! Excellent service! Air con is paid for but was only 45 euros for the week and it was well worth it! Free wifi that was very strong in the bar area (stronger than my wifi at home). Staff were extremely friendly and welcoming! Highly recommend a stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple