“Olympia Sun - Great place to visit...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olympia Sun Hotel

Olympia Sun Hotel
Ranked #43 of 75 Hotels in Faliraki
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Olympia Sun - Great place to visit...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I recently spent a week at Olympia Sun and just want to extend my gratitude to Savvas, Laura, Seva, George, Dmitiris and all of the other staff who worked so hard to keep everyone happy. I don't want to forget the shopkeeper or the room cleaner either; both who struggled with English but made a real effort to be polite, helpful and courteous.

Although there are many nationalities that use this hotel, as an Englishman who loves a bit of adventure, I was actually pleased that this was the case as there is nothing worse than a hotel full of rowdy young brits trying to be clever! (There's enough of that on the strip, just 10 minutes away) It made for a more pleasant, relaxing environment around the place, which was perfect.

I should also point out that even though myself and my other half aren't great with other languages, we made a huge bunch of friends here. In particular, Marina and Zena from Russia who were a great laugh even though we could barely understand each other's language! We also met a great guy called Gino from Italy. Hello to you all!

If you're a little fussy with bugs and insects, then this is the place for you. Not one insect got near my room and the air-conditioning provided a great relief from the 43c temperature outside. The rooms are extremely clean and modern, regardless of which block you're in and even though we were late for breakfast several of the mornings, the staff were more than happy to let us tuck in to what was left. This was greatly appreciated and is not always the case when travelling abroad.

I also want to point out that I had no issue with the all-inclusive hours at the bar. There is a shop right there if you can't wait for a beer at the hotel during a three hour period. Being an evening drinker, this didn't bother me at all and I was very grateful to Seva for preparing such strong drinks and with great efficiency when I did go to the bar.

Although we spent most of the time on the strip and taking in everything Rhodes had to offer, we still had time to get to know everyone and that was the great thing about this place. Whether you're here to party, to enjoy the sites or simply sit by the pool, the staff greet you as though you are one of their own.

Once again thanks to everyone who made my time in Faliraki so great, I would strongly recommend staying here. It is much better than 3 stars, that is for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tom C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Kazan, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Hotel is very lovely and quite good. The rooms are extremely nice - great design and interior, convenient and cosy. The beach and pool area are fantastic. Staff is extremely friendly & helpful
The quality of the food was excellent
We stayed at the hotel for 9 nights and enjoyed every minute. The owner and all personal created friendly and peaceful atmosphere. I suggest you to choose this hotel if want to spend wonderful vacations and get unforgettable impressions for the rest of you live. I am grateful to all staff, I wish them prosperity and success. I hope I will return there someday.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Liliya M
Peterborough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Me and my best friends booked this holiday because it was cheap and wanted a week away in the sun. The location of the hotel couldn't be faulted, was litterally about 3 mins walk from the beach and about a 10 min walk from the strip. You do have to walk through a dirt track to enter the strip, which I wouldn't advise to do this on your own, or even in a two - but if there are more than two of you it's fine!
When we arrived we went to our rooms and unpacked and got changed and went straight down the to pool. The rooms where fine and the pool was nice. We then went to begin with a few drinks to kick the girls holiday off, however there was on a small list of alcohol that could be consumed on the all inclusive option and was only served between 12:00 - 15:00 and 18:00 - 22:30. The alocohol was mainly mixed into a cocktail but didnt taste like a cocktail at all. For the majority of the holiday we bought a bottle and took this to our rooms.
A couple of the staff members where very freindly and happy to help, however the majority of the staff memebers where rude, obnoxious and made us feel very unwelcome. The staff deffinately do not favour the british.
Don't be put off by the look of the food as it deffinately tastes better than it looks, however we did eat out probably 60% of the time. There is no labels to advise what the food is so you don't actually know what you are planning on eating.

Unfortunately I wouldn't return to this hotel due to the quality in the food and drink and especially the service from the staff members.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank mill_gostic

Travellers are raving about these Faliraki hotels

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Firstly, as stated in the title, avoid this hotel if you are English!! (This review is from a group of 18 year old english girls). We arrived at around 6 in the evening and the staff seemed happy to help. However, from our 2nd day onwards we were made to feel uncomfortable and out of place by both the staff and the other guests (none of which were English). The staff began to pretend they did not speak English yet they had spoken it fine when we had arrived and seemed reluctant to help us at the reception desk or serve us at the bar. There were just 2 members of bar staff who were helpful and who actually cracked smiles! Give them their due, the maids cleaned our room and made the beds everyday, they did not however empty the bins and when we mentioned this to the receptionist she pointed us in the direction of a dump at the bottom of the mountains where there were goats rummaging around the rubbish!

Another problem was the wi-fi. We each paid 15 euros for a week's worth of wi-fi yet it did not once work in our room and even in reception only connected a few times! We also mentioned this to the receptionist who gave the same reply every day "give it 10 minutes"

Thinking about the food that was being served makes me feel sick even now I am home! Not only did it not look edible, it was EXACTLY the same every single day we were there. On one particular day we were thinking about having a look at the lunch when we saw one the cats (who live by the pool) running from the kitchen with a slice of the ham which was being served. Luckily we found a lovely reasonably priced restaurant on club street located just before King Arthur's bar called Orion. The food here was amazing and so were the staff, I would highly recommend it to all!

The all inclusive drinks were only served at specific times and just so you know, the only 3 cocktails that are included are all the same and use the same alcohol regardless what it says on the menu.

Although we would definitely not recommend Olympia Sun Hotel to anyone, we would warn everyone our age that while you will probably want to stay in one of the 18-30 hotels you should be very wary about buying your event tickets from the reps as what we paid 20 euros for on the strip, the people with club 18-30 paid 50 euros for.

Another thing to remember is not to be sucked in at every bar by the good looking PR's who are PAID to flirt with you and are soon off again once you have bought a drink! Some bars/clubs offer much better deals than others so make sure you are getting the best for your money! Jacks on club street is good for value offering our group of 4 a drink each, 2 shots each and a fish bowl for 20 euros! Our personal favourites were George's and Bedrock.

The beach was really lovely but once again, don't be fooled into paying full prices for the watersports as Peter's offers very good deals. Do not though take their advice and go to their restaurant unless you like traditional surprise Greek food (you aren't given a menu).

Just to let everyone reading this know, we are not a group of high maintenance girls who scream all the time and moan a lot, but we hope writing this review will help you out when planning your holiday as we had an amazing time in faliraki in terms of the strips, the atmosphere and the people we met.

That is all.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Dan5104
Durham, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

alert to all british holiday makers this hotel is not for you. the food is horrible and its a guessing game to know what u are actually eating as there are no signs.. we ate out most nights.. all inclusive its not alcoholic drinks are only available at certain times. the only thing good about this hotel is the staff their are very friendly and helpful and the hotel is clean.. think twice before booking this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sarah H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

From the moment we got there to the moment me and my boyfriend left we were made to feel amazingly welcome .

We missed lunch on the first day due to our transfer taking ages and arrived at the peaceful hotel that is set back from all the others with a beautiful pool . When we arrived just after lunch the manager heard me complaining I was hungry and said he could 'see what he could do ' he then brought us out a full meal !!!
The food at olympia is basic GREEK food so don't expect chips and burgers you are in GREECE . Th amount of English people that complained were embarrassing for us British .persoanlly loved the food all types of pasta and salad , fish , kebab ! Unlike my boyfriend so we went over the road to Billy's to get 'typical English rubbish ' for him . It's a nice bar there free wifi and they try and kill you with free shots quite funny actually !

In the day there is water sports at the hotel and at night traditional Greek dancing wich will get you up and going !!

Over all the staff are amazing and would love to thank each and every one of them even th cleaners who cleaned every day with out fail new sheets towels etc !!

Great resort for all ages mostly full of Middle Aged couples however me and my boyfriend loved it and were 18 as its in a quite area but a short five min walk to any were else !!

So much more to write about this place if I had the time !!

See you next year !!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Grior
Campione d'Italia, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

in the last week of august we visited Rhodes island for a week!!it was the best vacations we had me and my friend Gabriella. The hotel was very nice and clean the food was great the stuff was friendly and helpfull! The pool was super as we spent a lot of time there! the island is marvelous and i recomend you to visit no matter what!!!thank you for the wonderfull time we spent there and hopefully i ll se you next year too!!!kisses from italy!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faliraki
Venezia Resort
#5 of 75 in Faliraki
Maroula Studios
Maroula Studios
#38 of 75 in Faliraki

Been to Olympia Sun Hotel? Share your experiences!