Orion Hotel
Malibu Boutique Studios(Faliraki)(Great Value!)
US$93
  • Pool
US$152
US$144
Hotels.com
Hillside Studios and Apartments(Faliraki)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$361
US$262
US$243
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspool bargo ahead and bookgood sizerecommend this hotelrhodes townrooms are very basicshort walk to the beachair cona family run hotelend of junegreat poolfeel so welcomenext yearnice balconyclean poolfantastic staycleaned every day
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

Don't expect the morical coming to Orion. It is a very basic hotel, however it is a good value for the money you pay for it. The rooms are big, cleaning was fair, location is great. I personally did not like the food at all: poor choice at breakfast and choice between two dishes at dinner (like in airplane :)). If food was better would rate the hotel higher.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Yanapo2810
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I find this hotel very desirable,is was my 7th visit to the same hotel. I have visited this hotel with a group of friend, with my family, with my elderly mother and the last alone with my 6yr old son. Every visit to this hotel, is welcoming and the staff from cleaners to the owners always make you feel like you are special, nothing is ever to much trouble. If you wanting a early night sleep, I would recommend you take a room at the rear as the pool bar can be rather loud (more to the point the guest being loud, enjoying the hospitality, as this hotel caters for everyone).I would find it hard that anyone visiting this hotel would not write a positive review and I would highly recommend that you visit this hotel. Looking forward to seeing you all again in august. Well done to everyone and thank you for a lovely holiday.

Room Tip: Pick room at rear if you like to sleep early as the pool bar can be loud until early hours at peak times.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bphilip1963
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Orion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for you kind words. It was great to see you and your son enjoying your holiday at the Orion - again!
I'll pass on your thanks to all the staff - happy guests makes for happy staff! :)
You room tip is particularly useful (and honest). Different guests prefer different things...
It helps us to help you is you make a request WITH YOUR BOOKING (if you can, otherwise email us stating your dates of stay, how you booked and your family name/s - we will then attempt to provide you with your preferences).
Guide to booking rooms at the Orion:
> Our "Budget Rooms" are cheaper, a bit smaller than studios and do not have a kitchenette. Located on the 1st floor above reception the rooms at the front can be a bit noisy - so if you want early nights request a room at the back.
> All our sStudios are located in the Poolside (around the pools and Gardens (over the bridge in the quieter garden area) buildings. They are larger, with a "cold kitchen" (no cooking, but with fridge, electric kettle, basic cutlery and crockery). Studios facing the pool (east & south facing) are best avoided if you like an early night and a peaceful sleep. Studios facing the gardens (facing north in the Poolside building, facing north and south in the Gardens building) offer peace & quiet. Studios are on 3 floors, with lifts in all buildings. All rooms and studios have a balcony/terrace.
...
We look forward to seeing you again in August, and thanks again for your excellent review and recommendation - it is greatly appreciated!

Reviewed 13 June 2013

We chose this hotel for the low price and because it was not too far from the beach, and in a city not too far from Rhodes: it was a quite good choice! Of course, for that kind of price, you cannot expect perfection, but the stay was overall pleasant.
Positive: warm welcome, room clean, free air conditioning, fridge, nice pool (very clean! a bit cold in June surprisingly) with free chairs, 3 minutes from the beach by foot, very close to Faliraki center, easy access to Rhodes by bus.
Negative: fridge very noisy, we had to remove the fridge plug during the night, idem for air conditioning, the room was so hot at night, eventhough it was quite cold outside...and when we chose to open the balcony door, that's when we got attacked by mosquitos! The shower is "open" and the whole bathroom becomes wet when taking a shower.
Anyway, I think this hotel is a good deal if you are looking for fair price and good situation in Rhodes near the beach.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Orion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, thank you for recommending the Orion!
I am sorry you had a problem with a noisy fridge, and that it appears your air-conditioning was not effective - I wish you had told me straight away - I would have had the fridge replaced and the aircon fixed! Unfortunately we had a very wet winter in Rhodes, which has led to even more mosquitoes than normal!
Thank you for highlighting our good location close to Faliraki's fabulous beach, and the ease of travelling to Rhodes town with it's wealth of history, architecture and shopping.
We plan to refurbish thew budget rooms in which you stayed next winter, (As you point out, they have the traditional Greek "wet-room" open showers - all our studios have enclosure with curtains). We will consider you comments when planning the work.
We hope to see you again son, and will do all we can to ensure your stay is even better.

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

Vacationing in May of 2013. Very nice hotel. I was a child 2.5 years 7 days. I personally met the owner of the hotel. When I left, the owner personally escorted me. He did everything to make me feel at home. I thought that I just have to visit their relatives. The staff is very friendly and caring. Be sure to come back again. Victoria. Russia

• Stayed: May 2013
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Orion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your thanks to Polichrionis (Papa Polis - the owner).
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2013

WE have known this family for over 20 years and the hospitality has never varied.We have stayed at the Orion every year for the past 10+ years and still get excited about seeing everyone as it is more like visiting family.All of them cannot do enough for the guests and if you are ill on your holiday there is no need to worry,cos Maria George and Paul are fantastic.It is a very clean hotel ,food is great and Charlie and Zoe in the restaurant are brilliant and will make you anything you want .(within reason) I can recommend this hotel to everyone and now 3 generations of our family have visited and loved it

Room Tip: If you go to bed early and like the quiet don't pick a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank chrisocon999
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Orion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you for your very kind review.
The great value of your comments is that they are based on many years of knowing the family and staying at the Orion - I am sure this will be of interest and will be informative for potential new guests wondering where to stay in Rhodes! The climate, beauty and history of Rhodes cannot be disputed, but choosing the "right" hotel can make or break a holiday. This is where I feel Tripadvisor is of so much value - it helps travellers find a hotel which meets their personal mix of requirements in a way brochures, star rating and price alone cannot.
It has been my pleasure to get to know you and your husband in the three years since I joined the Papageorgiou family here at the Orion. Your love of the Orion and the three generations of the family running the hotel says it all! Their kindness and personal attention to guests makes this hotel very special, not only for the guests, but for those of us working here too - leading to a lovely friendly atmosphere for all.
I will let Maria, George and Paul in the Cocktail Pool Bar & Café along with Kyriakos (Charlie) and Zoe in the Orion Restaurant know about your kind words!
Along with all the family I look forward to seeing you again soon... only 3 months to go!
Thank you, again, for taking the time to tell the world what you think of the Orion Hotel.