Ano Kampos Hotel
US$143
US$159
US$151
  • Breakfast included
Lyristis Studios & Apartments(Faliraki)(Great Value!)
US$42
Hotels.com
US$114
US$110
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed here for two weeks. I got an excellent price on the internet. The hotel is a couple of miles from Faliraki town and AQ bay. The walk isn't that bad at night or early morning in the summer; otherwise the sun is pretty intense.

The rooms have a/c but it wasn't included in my rate. The price was about $8 a day extra which was about half what I was paying. In June you can still get by without a/c so I didn't ask for it. The room I had didn't have a television. The mattresses, pillows, and sheets are very basic. The breakfast is also very basic but the coffee is good and strong. There was a refrigerator and sink in the room but no hotplate.

Toward the end of my stay some middle-aged, obese guy started to become very friendly with me. He would call me by name while I was up on my balcony (none of the other guests were treated so specially). I didn't know the guy or why he knew my name. On the final day of my stay he tells me I need to give him a couple of vouchers from the travel agency. Turns out he worked for the place but he never introduced himself. I just figured that he must be gay or bi or something. His attention was unwanted and creepy nonetheless.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Rhodes
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Ano Kampos Studios is a very good hotel, with nice and friendly family witch are working all day hard. The rooms are clean, every day clean towels. The beds are a little to hard for me and the pillows small. The bus-stop is close to the Hotel and the beach only 20 minutes walk. They serve a good meal for a nice price. The hotel has a beautiful swimming pool.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Sorry, Panagiotis, for spending a whole year before writing this review. It says august 2011, but we spent a week there late june 2011.
This is a two star hotel, but that does not matter. The rooms are nice and clean, you can pay a little extra for aircondition and a nice balcony(with a nice view if you get a room on the poolside). We were welcomed by the owner late at night. We felt immediately that we would have a nice holiday at this hotel, which we did.
The owner speaks english fluently, and can help you with everything. He even drove us personally back to the airport in his car! The aircondition didn`t work at our first room, so we got a new one at once. This was during the early part of the season, so we had the pool almost to ourselves. Breakfast is basic, but good. We can also recommend the food during daytime/evening. They use their homegrown olive oil for all of the cooking. We actually bought 6 liters to take home!
The hotel is situated right in between the centre and the beach. It is a fairly long walk to either the center of Faliraki or the beautiful Anthony Quinn beach, where you can choose between different types of beaches;sandy, pebbly or rocky.
We were looking for trips to Rhodes this summer as well, but we couldn`t find any flights. We have to come back soon, because we are almost out of that high quality olive oil;) We also miss The beach, the restaurants Golden Wok(chinese) and Manolis(greek) but most of all we miss Panagiotis` hospitality:)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Ano Kampos offers excellent value for money. It's clean, it's friendly and has a superb location on a hillside between Faliraki town/beach and Anthony Quinn Beach. It's the perfect base for exploring the island by car. You can enjoy the silence and the view and escape the noisy crowds but still be in the center of beaches/bars/shopping in few minutes. Ano Kampos is a family run "home away from home" - as the owner puts it "a basic place for basic people". We loved it and highly recommed it! :-)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Christian E
Reviewed 13 January 2012

It was a perfect choice, quality/price, we arrived there late september, we were welcomed in a nice and friendly atmosphere, the boss and his family are extra, polite, helpful, they can give you advices for your visits and restaurants, they are cooking there as well : Delicious greek cuisine !
This hotel is small and good for friends or families, the rooms are ok (not that impressive, and confortable, but for the price, it's not bad at all, and you have air conditionned which is helping you to survive at night!)
breakfast are good, and you have choices, the swimming pool is pleasant, and they also have a lot of board games available, you can use them, and enjoy a special cocktail the boss is making (everytime it's a new taste, and a surprising flavour, that's perfect)
you can walk to the sea, it's not far from the city center, and everything around is beautiful.
I really recommend this place, it was perfect!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends