Esperides Beach Family Resort
Achousa Hotel(Faliraki)
US$26
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewswater slidesanimation teamice creamrhodes townluna parkbunk bedsnice animationevening entertainmentgerman guestsall ageskids clubspecial thanksbeach towelsbus stop outside the hotelporkclose to the hotelkalithea springs
Reviewed 8 September 2011

we have just been in a party of about 20 for my friends wedding so it was a mixed party adults and kids.
every single person as turned round and said its the best holiday they have ever had and cant wait to go back.
some other reviews say they isnt many english which is true but talk to people from other countrys and you will meet some great people like we did,
food was EXCELLENT never spoilt for choice
HOTEL was very clean all the time and the staff was great.
ricky and rest of the animation team was SUPERB AND WHAT A GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE

if you MOAN about this hotel then your very picky cause ITS THE BEST AND DEFO WILL TAKE SOME BEATING :)))))))

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank DANNY2310
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I agree with the other reviews about British people being in the minority at this hotel, but didnt encounter any other nationalities being rude.Maybe we got lucky with our room as we were in the Lindos Annexe and never had to use the lifts in the main hotel. The hotel was spotless and cleaners worked very hard all hours. Beware of those slippery floors though.!!!!!! I travelled in a group of 9 so we had a good holiday, do not think I would of enjoyed it if it was just my husband,myself and 15 year old daughter though. Food was ok ,always found something to eat, even if it was salad. Ate in the main restaurant once, it was bedlam, so after that are to the taverna outside,we sort of got the timing right so it wasnt too busy.Animation team worked very hard, and some of our party joined in the games.The shows were ok, didnt get to see the fire show, as we couldnt get a seat after eating dinner. People got their places very early like 6.45pm and it never started till 9.45pm.Safe was 30 euros for a week as stated by another reviewer, but ours was in our room. Ladies the hairdryer was just a nozzle thing in the bathroom, and not much use. Shower was a spray and didnt attach to the wall .Our room was a fair size and was cleaned /bedding changed every day.No complaints there.Beach was stony, but once you had mastered the art of getting in , was fine. WaterSports Between 15 & 20 Euros Per Person for around 15 minutes.Rhodes Old Town was lovely, but guess we picked the wrong resturant , 100 Euros for meal for 3 and not good. 9 Euros for a bacardi & coke.hence I only had 1 !!!!!!!!. Friends had to pay 70 Euros keep room on for an extra 12 hours, which we thought was a bit steep.It was a nice break for a week, but to be perfectly honest for another £400.00 we could of spent 2 weeks in the Dominican Republic, which we will do next year.

Room Tip: Email hotel direct and request a room of your preference, we did and were accomodated
1  Thank nkeep
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Just returned from 2 weeks all inclusive at the ESPERIDES hotel ( 2 adults, one 11yr old boy). More of a battle than a holiday. I have to agree with recent reviews on this hotel. Thomas Cook really need to pull it from their UK brochure. It is packed full of Russians ( rude & ignorant ones too). I feel I have spent £3k on 2 weeks in a Russian Butlins. I will try to be objective:
POSITIVES:
CLEAN - very. The pool water is freshened up daily, the grounds and hotel are spotless.
STAFF - Mainly Greek and are genuinely friendly (despite being visibly knackered)
KIDS RIDES/SLIDES etc - Ideal for up to 8 year olds. For any older and they are too childish.
ANIMATION TEAM - worked tirelessly all day and night.

NEGATIVES:
ROOM - Tiny. A single room with a kids bed chucked up against the patio doors. The air con did not work. It was 'fixed' and then sort of worked. We had no hot water in the evening to shower on three occasions. Grubby carpets in the room and all along the corridors. No safe ( they are in a communal room opposite reception).
LIFTS: 3 tiny lifts to service 9 floors. Endless queuing and shoulder barging with Russians to get in and out. Totally inadequate. For God's sake demand a low floor, as they stop on every floor and more people squeeze in.
FOOD: Poor quality and very repetitive. Salad was often the best option (from an avid salad-dodger like me that speaks volumes). my son lived on bread and chips. The food is really geared for the Eastern Europeans who piled it high and then left most of it. Disgraceful.
MEAL TIMES: Bring your boxing gloves - Its chaos, more shoulder barging with the Russians and their unruly kids running amok. Eat dinner late, as they like to get the best seats for the evenings 'entertainment' by the animation team.
SUNBEDS: all gone by 0730 hrs. Get up early, place your beds in a nice spot and then sit on them. If you don't someone will have moved them and put their's in your place. I have never to to fight over sunbeds before...until now. Even at lunchtime, you will return to find that another family have moved in and are smoking cigarettes that smell like they are filled with dogs**t.
EVENING ENTERTAINMENT - Done by the huge Animation team. Slapstick comedy and mimed musical shows like Cats etc. To quote my son "its RRRubbish". After a week we bought a pack of cards and sat in the lounge bar with other saddo's. Their Fireshow was good though.
GAMES ROOM: Expensive, hot and smelled of drains. A game of pool costs 2 euros, which is a lot when other peoples' kids move all the balls about. I guess they have no manners, because their parents don't.
WIFI - Mega expensive. 7 Euros for an hour or 50 Euros for a week.
THE BEACH - painful grit. Plenty of expensive water activites on tap. BUT the sea is clean and clear and warmer that the hotel pools.
I can go on, but I guess you get the picture.
I am not anti-Russian. I hate all people who have no manners and no regard for anybody else. I am not alone, one of the few English familes we saw said practically the same as us about the food and the rooms etc. They called the hotel BALLAMORY due to its funky colour scheme and buzzy bees painted everywhere.
Will I recommned this to my freinds and family....NO
Will I be going back...NO
Will I be copying this to Thomas Cook...YES

Room Tip: DEMAND a low floor... and ask for a sea view if poss
9  Thank Blondieboy
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We have just returned from 11 nights at the hotel Esperides. We were there the same time the poor lad from Southhampton cut open his foot.

Bad Points

British people are the minority. As a results the hotel is very anti English. Make you wait at the bar & serve everyone else even if they approach the bar after you.
No English Kids club
Food was cold & the selection was extremly poor, my 3 year old wouldnt eat anything at our hotel & she isnt a fussy eater at all.
The first room the put us in was flithly. No working Air con or fridge, no bedding other than white sheets on the beds. Mini bar wasnt stocked as promised. Feet stuck to the carpet it was that dirty.
They did put us in a different room but this was after numerous very confrontational conversations with the hotel management. We still didnt get the family room we had paid for!
We were made to feel very unwelcome as a result of the hotels staff attitude towards us.

Positive Points

The hotel it's self was always clean
The animation team worked so hard to keep people entertained & put on some really good shows in the evening
Good facilities for kids (minus the kids club)

Overall I wouldn't recommend any British people stay at this hotel.

5  Thank SVP82
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We have just returned from a 10 night stay and i have to say for the first time I'am glad to be back from our holiday. We took our 8 yr old son and looked forward to this holiday since booking it last year and paid a lot of money for it.

When we turned up the hotel looked amazing and just what we imagined, bright, colourful and when we looked from our balcony the place looked buzzing with singin and dancing. The animation staff work tirelessly and are always smiling which is brilliant.

The down side is the food we really struggled to find a nice meal each time, it is all catered for other europeans, and although we like to try other foods, some days it was inedible and I even ate plain spagetti and tomoto ketchup for dinner and tea for 4 days in a row! Other people might not find it so bad but all 3 of us struggled.

The other downside is the sheer amount of other europeans and nationalities, germans, italians, ukraines, latvians, norweigians, russians etc. And the hotel caters for these as they seemed to love the food the amount of pushing and barging they done to get at it. They try to get in the lift before you even get out and always seem to scowl, they basically had no manners or any sign of being polite!!!! Dont get me wrong there were a few small minority who were plesant and had a smile and even take to time to talk, but that was extremely rare.

We had a bad expericence when our son was playing on a football game in the hotels arcade, he split his foot open on a piece of metal that is attached to the ball which you have to kick(???!!!???). There were no first aiders(because it was night time), no one behind the bar at the pool understood when we asked for at least a first aid box. We took him to reception where they asked if it was the football game (obviously happended before), where they tried to pour iodine on the open wound when my 8 year old was frantic with panic and histerical. All the staff were bothered about was mopping up the blood intead of calling us a taxi to the hospital while we asked 4 times for them to call. He had 5 stiches and 4 days left of sitting around the pool.

I complained to the manager and the reception staff who basically shrugged their shoulders as I told them to unplug the game before it happened again.

I was going to find the rep (thomas cook) at his allocated time where I waited for an hour for him to turn up. He didnt. I rang the office, from our mobile as we werent allowed to use the hotel's phone, I explained the situation and they said they would find him and ring us back - which they didnt.

We had no help whatsoever from the hotel or thomas cook.

We met some lovel british people who made the whole experience a lot better and had some great laughs in amongst the meyhem!!

So all in all, I dont think we will be going to the Esperides again!!

5  Thank kate m