“"Maturareise"”

Blue Sea Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 70 Hotels in Faliraki
Reviewed 16 July 2013

From the 2nd - 9th of July my 9 classmates and me have spent our so-called 'Maturareise' at Blue Sea Beach Resort. We got this hotel recommended by our travel agency and shortly before the trip we were all very excited. On the 2nd of July which was a Tuesday we arrived late at Rhodes airport and were brought to our hotel by bus. There we were welcomed friendly and had dinner before going to our rooms. Even it was 9:30 at night we had a huge variety from the buffet and then went to our rooms (which were 2 double rooms and 2 triple rooms). After seeing our nice rooms which had everything as stated in the description, we went down to the pool bar and had some drinks (all-inclusive was until 23:00). The following days we always had breakfast (a delicious buffet with eggs, sausages, baked beans, croissants, fruits muesli, yoghurt, juices, coffee... and our favourite pancakes!) and then went to the clean beach or to the new pools. The lunch and dinner buffet always changed a little and we always ate outside on the terrace with ocean view. All kind of drinks (f. ex.: juice, water, coffee, all kind of cocktails which we all tried at the end of the week and which were really strong) and even ice cream were all-inclusive the hole day. Basically we were eating, drinking and relaxing at the calm beach all day long. Besides, we also went to Rhodes town (which is only 25 min. by bus, the bus stop is in front of the hotel and one way costs 2,20 €) which is very beautiful and has a lot of little shops. The nights we spent in the hotel because the animation program was really entertaining! Especially the 'Greek night' with Greek music and dancing the 'Sirtaki' was fun for all age groups. We got friends with the animation team really quickly and had such a good time with them! The animation program was full of variety and started in the morning with stretching, aqua gym, beach volleyball, water basketball, kids program and ended at night with fantastic shows. After the shows the hotel DJ put on some music at the beach bar and we danced there with the animation team. Nevertheless, there are also some excellent clubs for party tigers outside the hotel.
All in all, we had a fantastic stay at Blue Sea Beach Resort and really enjoyed our time. The rooms were really bright and clean. The food and drinks were delicious (especially the cocktails from the lobby bar were excellent and luckily the waitresses were patient with our orders). The hole staff was always nice to us and we thank the animation team for the fun times.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Annnnnnna_13

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed there for a few days. The staff is multi lingual and excellent. You can't go wrong with this hotel: beautiful beach, 2 huge pools, many bars, activities for your kids, fun events at night and the beauty and fun of Rhodes only a few minutes away. And I can promise you that you will not starve in this place! The buffet is humongous and we really enjoyed having lunch and dinner on the terrace with the sea view.

Beautiful and relaxing place. Great for couples and family! Strongly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank xvallee
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed for a week. Staff excellent. Very good managers and personnel, I enjoyed talking to them. Very nice atmoshere with nice events. Near a bust stop with connection to the town. Many large pools for families and swimming and a very good beach just on the doorstep. A lot of space. One of the best Pasta with seafood I ever had at the beach restaurant of the hotel! Congratulations to the cook! ;-) I will go there again for sure! Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Pitrojohn
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I engage first time in the evaluation hotels on tripadvisor.com. Before, I use this portal only to navigate me to select the hotel at my holiday destination. And maybe I still cannot write any review, if I had not spent a one night at a disco in Faliraki with one Greek guy  But that's another story ...
So, I´ve been in Rhodes first week of July in 2013 and I´ve never been in Greece before. Previously I preferred holiday in Spain, Italy and Turkey ... Rhodes has captivated spectacular clear sea, has a beautiful blue sea I saw for the first time in my life, beach in Blue Sea was very nice and clean, I liked the straightforward access to the sea, which in the words of my friends, is a huge advantage over other resorts on the island. Hotel also has a beautiful garden with a swimming pool, which is a perfect fit in the evenings, when it was held at animation program.
During the holidays, we used basic all inclusive program. Immediately when we arrived, we got blue bracelets and inter-rich breakfast, lunch and dinner we could consume selected alcoholic, non-alcoholic and mixed cocktails at the beach bar and pool bar and in the evening in the lobby bar.
Highlight of the hotel was, in my opinion, the staff who willingly tried to fulfil every wish, and it was great that almost every waiter handled by more than one foreign language, so we had no problem even with language barrier. The only drawback, in my opinion, was charged internet access. I have not met with this anywhere else, but in the end I consider as an advantage because I use computer and internet throughout the year in my work, so at least I get a break from emails and all social networks 
During our stay we visited Lindos and Rhodes Town. If you like a touch of history you would not miss this place. Directly outside the hotel runs to Rhodes a bus and to Lindos we went by boat, which depart from the beach near the hotel.
Holidays in Rhodes was amazing, it was beyond my expectations, I am writing a review soon after returning home, even now I feel sad for the island and I'd love to return back  I recommend Blue Sea Beach Resort to anyone who wants to experience a great vacation with all what belongs to it ...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank katarina_pruzinova
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We were there from June, 12 to June, 25, 2013. The hotel is really nice and clean, I expected less from four stars. Food is tasty, however the variety of it sometimes suffers. But anyway we liked the quality of food - everything is fresh and hot! Faliraki beach is good, the coast is clean and beautiful sea is really transparent ! There is a bus stop nearby the hotel, it's really easy to catch a bus to Rhodes! We did it quite often :) We didn't have "all inclusive" but there are many taverns around so it's difficult to stay hungry! The trip to Lindos is a must have! As well as little funny train :) enjoy your vacation!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Narcissa_Malfoy
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Perfect time in Blue Sea Beach Resort. Crystal clear sea, delicious food, nice staff. Close to Faliraki and beautiful old city center of Rhodes. Good place for relaxing as well as for enjoying nightlife. I have visited this resort twice. First it was right in the middle of the tourist season, it was a vibrant place with many activities and full programme. Second time I was there in the end of the tourist season - resort changed into a calm and quiet place.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Alena F
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Just returned from staying here for two weeks with a group of ten (kids, teenagers, adults and seniors).
The location right on the beach, the clean and comfortable rooms, the large pool areas are just as advertised. What really stands at this typical all-inclusive resort is the high quality of the service and food.
Breakfast: huge English and continental buffets omelet and pancakes made to order, fresh orange juice.
Lunch and dinner: Fantastic selection with some unique traditional and classic starters, main courses and desserts every meal which were never repeated. There were also some dishes which were repeated a few times during our two weeks and if course there were salad(both various mixed and separates ingredients) buffet, bread buffet, kids buffet... There were lots of choices to be made each meal as there was fresh seafood, fish, meat and lots of vegetarian dishes served. No way to sample everything at each meal or even in two weeks!
At lunch and dinner you could choose from all the options if the all-inclusive plus a great selection of wines on the bottle.
Additionally there are the bars (a large lobby bar, a pool bar, a beach bar and a snack bar). All with great staff (same every day) who served a huge selection of soft drinks, ice cream, wines, sparkling wines, cocktails and ice cream, all from the all-inclusive offering. The snack bar also served great salads and sandwiches throughout the day, also included.
The front desk helped us with our four rooms of different types and managed to cater to all of our wishes even though the hotel was full.
Our waiter, waitress and their maître helped us organize a fantastic celebration dinner on the beach during our stay. They did this on very short notice after one in our group only casually mentioned it. Fantastic!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MrPontus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faliraki
Cyprotel Faliraki
Eden Roc Resort Hotel & Bungalows
Grecotel Rhodos Royal
Grecotel Rhodos Royal
#4 of 70 in Faliraki

Been to Blue Sea Beach Resort? Share your experiences!