“Amazing resturant”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant on our last night in Faliraki it was excellent I had prawn cocktail for starters there was a lot of prawns and I had fish Dover sole which was soft to taste and yummy I had fresh strawberries and ice cream all these dishes were delicious the staff don't hassle you every two mins they let you eat your food all in all excellent!!!!!

1  Thank pinkdiamond55

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Went on a saterday night and had a good meal.
Portions so huge we couldn't eat it all.
Friendly staff
Was a wedding dinner going on and a few other guest.
Would reccomend this restaurant for sure

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We explored every day the Greek menu, and every day, everything was delicious : the "giubetsi" (lightly spicy lamb), the "gemistes" (stuffed peppers and tomatoes), the "papoutsakia" (a kind of moussaka without potatoes), the "souzoutkakia" (delicious meatballs) or their unforgettable "exohiko" (exquisite lamb, cheese and vine leaves in a thin brick or "phyllo")... Waiters friendly and formal at the same time, and perfect location on the beach. Special thanks to Ms Despina, granddaughter of the owner, very kind and quite professional!

2  Thank pascaldominique
Reviewed 1 September 2013

On arriving in Faliraki, we asked our hotel for a recommendation for somewhere to get traditional Greek food and the man recommended Dimitras. We were not disappointed! My partner and I ate three times here during our week in Faliraki - on each occasion it was absolutely wonderful. The first night we had a selection of Greek dishes. This consisted of eight plates of traditional Greek foods. While not all were to our taste (I personally dislike dill) most of them were flavoursome and enjoyable, they were also well cooked and presented. We then followed this with Baklava, which was flaky, sweet, soft, crunchy and sticky - everything it should be!
The second night we went, we ordered meze for 2 to start. Again, not all was to my taste but the vast majority was very tasty indeed. I had the rabbit stifado, having sampled stifado among the Greek plates previously. The meat was ever so tender and the onions were almost perfumed. It was lovely.
The third night we had the meze again, and steaks for main course. Mine was cooked perfectly, but my partner had to send his back for a little more cooking. This was met with good grace and his steak was returned quickly to him, having been grilled to perfection this time. I had the Dimitra special steak, it came with a barbeque sauce on the size and breaded prawns. It was lovely.
On each night, the service was second to none. The restaurant is located beside the beach so there is lovely scenery. The only thing that might put people off is that there seems to be a lot of cats about this area - while in Faliraki I noticed there are a number of beachside restaurants that are frequented by cats. Personally, I really do not like cats but everything else about Dimitras outweighed this and I would really recommend it as a place to eat.

2  Thank AlisonMc
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We went to Dimitra restaurant - a lovely place right on the beach in the Faliraki area - the outside area blends the typical blue/white Grecian style, soft candlelight with flowing white muslin curtains loosely draped over gazebos. Getting to the food: I can vouch for the prawns and avocado salad - absolutely delicious on a bed of crispy lettuce and those yummy Greek tomatoes. then swordfish , calamari and whatever - if you don't like garlic or spices - just ask them not to use it - very friendly, courteous and not expensive - well worth it. Enjoy!

1  Thank MarieItaly