Mitsis Alila Resort & Spa
US$146
Achousa Hotel(Faliraki)
US$23
1,858 results
All reviewschampagne barbeach barburger barmain restaurantpittapita cornernight barbeautiful hotelblue domesa la carte restaurantspizza ovensea viewgreek restaurantcold towelsprivate poolnext yearasian sushi
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We spent a wonderful 12 day holiday 23 May at the Alila. Hotel is truly beautiful, rooms very spacious, all fittings are top quality and a contemporary style. Staff extremely helpful and friendly, especially the assistant hotel manager Yannis. If you are not a fan of buffet food there are 6 other speciality restaurants which all serve excellent food. Entertainment was live acts on the terrace from 930pm some of them were excellent. The beach was pebbly, plenty of sunbeds with mattresses and each had a parasol. The beach and pizza bars served drinks and pizzas all day so you didn't need to leave the beach. The only negative was the small gym is part of the spa which is separately owned and had to pat to use it. Excellent value and we will definitely return, thank you for the most relaxing holiday in one of the best hotels we have stayed in.

Room Tip: We emailed the hotel with our room request and received exactly what we requested.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lindaterry
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

I have just came back from this resort a day ago and i must say, it has been the best holiday i have ever been on. Everything was in its place and spotless. The staff are very friendly as long as you are friendly to them apart from the reception staff who i never saw smile once. Most of the credit goes to the animation staff as they are the ones who made my week special. They are lovely people who make wonderful friends. There are a few minor problems with the hotel that can easily be resolved such as the stony beach as the shop sells shoes that you can wear to go swimming.

All together, the hotel for me was heaven on earth and i didnt want to come home. I will deffonately be going back! :)

Jay x

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a week at the Alila. We have travelled extensively and now stayed at four Mitsis hotels. We would regard the Alila as the best hotel we have been to.
Building: Immaculately clean, bright, modern and beautifully furnished throughout.
Rooms: The rooms are large, bright, with good storage. Free min-bar which is stocked daily. Dressing gowns, slippers. Good air-con and lovely balcony with sea view. We were on the 8th floor. Bathroom was pristine with a walk in shower and a selection of toiletries. The towels were white, fluffy and changed twice a day if required. Yes the shower cubicle leaked slightly but this was remedied by putting a small towel on the floor.
Food and drink: We only had breakfast in the main restaurant and found this to be varied and plentiful. Fresh omelettes made for you and something for everyone.
For lunch and dinner we ate at the various a la carte restaurants around the hotel. All of these were excellent especially the Asian and Italian. With regards to the reservation computer to book these restaurants, if it appears there are no vacancies simply go and speak to the restaurant manager, who is very obliging, and always managed to accommodate us.
There is also fresh pizza made all day long next to the beach bar.
The champagne and wine bar were superb. We loved going there for pre dinner drinks and canapés. No, it isn't Moet but was still very pleasant as was the Alila red wine. Drinks in the other bars and restaurants were very good and the cocktails were freshly made.
Staff: We have left the best until last! Animation guys, Andrea, Osama and Santas were the friendliest, kindest and funniest team we have had the pleasure to meet. They made our holiday really special. Lilia in the wine bar and the blonde lady in the champagne bar were also so pleasant and friendly. Stamos in the night bar and Michaelis in the beach bar were efficient good humoured guys.
Negatives: The only negative we encountered (and there were some exceptions) was the arrogant attitude of the Russian guests. How the staff cope with such abject rudeness is only to be applauded. They appear to display very few, or no manners towards anyone, but we did not let this spoil what was a fabulous holiday.
We both enjoy the finer things in life so our advice is, book it, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must. We were on the 8th floor and the view was superb. There are two lifts which are speedy and efficient.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lynnandtonyCarlisle
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Had a fantastic week here. Myself and my girlfriend are fairly fussy people andenjoy the finer things in life and we weren't disappointed. the hotel has been finished to a very high standard. The rooms were spacious and well decorated and always very clean. The theme restaurants are really good. Try the Asian restaurant! The staff work very hard and are so nice, eventhough some guests can be very rude to them. overall, if ur looking for a relaxing holiday with good food, drink and comfortable surroundings then u can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank dogsbody689
Reviewed 26 June 2013

First things first the Alila is a stunning hotel well designed and I would class as a 5star but they have a few problems.
On my arrival I was escorted to my room only to find that there was somebody in it and had not checked out, so the guy on the reception who I have to say was extremely helpful sorted us out with a new room.
When we entered the room we found that the room had not been cleaned so we asked them to clean, which they did.
After a long day I had a shower which leaked all over the bathroom and into the main bedroom.
did not bother to say anything as I thought it was a teething problem but the room next door had also leaked but had flowed onto the landing which I discovered after I slipped and fell,
so then I went down to reception to pay 20 pounds each for my sunbed towels!! (never done this in any 5 star hotel) and told them about the water leaks (it took 4 hours before the water was cleaned up).
We then went for dinner in the buffet which was very crowded and the choice of food was not exceptional so a little disappointed.
We were told that we could book into the other restaurant's via the touch screen(2 days in advance) what a joke you have no chance.
The hotel is 90% occupied by Russians who are ignorant and horrible to the staff.
one day I had my towel stolen from my sunbed by a Russian women and was seen by the lifeguard, I complained to the reception staff who told me it was my own fault so I demanded to see the manager who also said it was my own fault and I would have to pay the 20 pounds for it.
He said he would look into it and ask the lifeguard but I knew that he would do nothing and told me in a roundabout way to steal one back, I was staggered and said that he would have some angry Russian in his face if I did that.
The food in the other restaurant's was very good and the service was very good and the beach bar staff were excellent
overall the hotel is nice but I would not go to this or any of their other hotels that are all inclusive with the Russians and the attitude of some of the staff.

Room Tip: The rooms on the corners are slightly bigger but do not have a sea view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family