Hotel Calypso
US$146
Achousa Hotel(Faliraki)
US$23
  • Pool
All reviewssea viewsister hotel across the roadsnack bara la carte restaurantrhodes townbranded drinksanimation teammain barenglish familiesgreat holidayall inclusive hotelview roomgreek nightrestaurant stafftable tennisreception stafftwo weeks
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Visited from 5th October until 16th October 2013. second "all inclusive" deal we have used in years - possibly the best hotel we have ever stayed in. It cannot be faulted. Staff were excellent, food absolutely superb. Given end of season, entertainment was average - but we went for the atmosphere of Rhodes and were not disapointed. Car hire facilities at the hotel were very competitive. Yes there were a lot fo different nationalities there, but this was expected (we are in Europe!) I would guess that in high season it is very hot and beds may be difficult to secure, we certainly did not have any problem and the hotel was almost full. Would we go again? Tomorrow if we could! JHGP

Room Tip: Go for a room facing the sea, the higher the better
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JHGP
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

I was in Hotel Calypso with my boyfriend last june and I spent a very good holiday. The room was so confortable and with a beatiful view to the seaside, the restaurant was perfect and with a lot of choices; to sum uo all the services was good and well organized.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Spent two weeks here 4th - 18th September as part of a large wedding party, 22 of us in week one joined by a further 16 for the second week. We had a fantastic time, the facilites were good, food excellent as were the staff everyone being both friendly and helpful. One of the best 'All Inclusives' we've been to in terms of the quality of food. A bonus for those who like a drink is that all the spirits were branded and not the usual 'local' makes.
The hotel has it's own beach with watersports with the pedalos and canoes free for guests. The pool was a fair size with a water slide and never crowded, even though the hotel was full no problems getting sunbeds at poolside or at the beach and the hotel provided beach towels.
The food was very good, with a wide selection to suit all tastes, could have done with more traditional Greek dishes though.
Rooms were large and kept spotlessly clean, the cleaning staff did a superb job, beds were very hard, but just ask for a matress topper and extra pillows and they'll be provided same day.
Falaraki is in easy walking distance for some night time excitement for those so inclined and Rhodes Town easily accessible by bus, the stops are right outside the hotel, don't miss out on going it's fabulous. We went in a couiple of times, in the daytime then for an evening out, it cost less than 5 euros for two on the bus.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rhisga5
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed here with my husband and baby, along with another couple and my parents. We stayed here for a wedding at the kalithea springs which was amazing!
I haven't read a review on taking small children/babies here so I thought I would mention this hotel was perfect for my little one!
The food was good, typical for an all inclusive hotel. The cleaners were fantastic. Everything seemed spotless! The drinks were mostly branded and very strong..
We usually appeared after breakfast around 10am and never struggled to get 4/5 sunbeds together, we didn't notice hardly anyone putting towels down early.
All the staff are extremely friendly, they adore children which my son loved!
The entertainement wasn't the best but the animation crew tried thier best with what they had and were a lovely bunch!
Falaraki is a short walk which we visited quite a few times. Rhodes by bus is cheap but not the best experience being crushed in by the loads of people getting on at every stop.
Overall it was a lovely 2 weeks, absolutely no compliants. Deffinately would reccomend!

TIP: for parents with babies.. There is nowhere I saw to buy baby milk. And branded nappies are around £13 a pack!!!
It's worth taking enough in the case to avoid the high prices.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Me returned from a 11 day stay at the Calypso party of 5 rooms good size and clean the beds are the hardest bed I have ever tried to sleep on and if you are on the roadside they call this garden view buy some ear plugs! As traffic is soooo loud and non stop. Food is a good standard for a 4 inclusive but could do with more choice and more special evenings but the fish night was good enjoyed the Prawns and Sea Bream.they have one special restaurant which you can book for one night don't bother 2 star we had steaks but could not taste beef when eaten . Drinks were good on the whole they had some branded drinks Beafeater gin Jim Bean whiskey and they put in very big measures we used the main bar at night and Staveros the barman was first class polite and good service as for the snack bar they have the rudest barman I have ever encountered janei or some thing like that small chin beard I had ordered some drinks for lunch and then my wife came over and asked me to get her a drink so I returned to the bar got to the back of the Que. obviously I am English ! Waited my turn then asked politely for my drinks the barman then proceeded to shout at me next time order all Your drinks at once with the economy as it is in Greece this man should value his job Faliraki is easily walking distance and worth a stroll for a change of scenery as for the entertainment is not to be fair the fire show is as hot as a polar ice cap . Had better had worse
Holidays if you are looking at trips we went on the simmi boat trip be warned you get shuttle boat to Rhodes then get on a crowded ferry for nearly 2 hours so long time travelling

Room Tip: Do not book road side room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family