“Great value for money”

Argo Hotel
Ranked #28 of 72 Hotels in Faliraki
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Had everything I needed. Location was fantastic for beaches, buses, restuarants, great shoping and awesome night life. The staff were extremely helpful and hospitable. Highly recommend this place for value for money.

• Stayed September 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Conwy, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

I booked my stay at Argo via hostelworld.com so I was a bit unsure of what the accommodation would be like, having only payed €19 a night!. However my room was better than described I had a double bed, a self operating air conditioning unit on the walk which is great as you can choose how cold/ warm you want your room, and a fridge in my room and wardrobe as well as a nice outside patio seating area. The only downsides of the room where that the shower didn't have a hook so you had to hold it above your head, the stool I had in front of my mirror was very broken, and the window in the bathroom wasn't able to close therefore allowing bugs in ! I saw one cockroach climb through. The maid service was okay, you never knew when they'd come and clean your room though and they'd always come and knock when I was in !! And because they can't speak English very well they'd just walk in if you couldn't get to the door on time which isn't great if your in the shower !! Or eating lunch on the patio ! Also they only changed the top sheet of the bed not the bottom =sand in the bed all the stay. The staff where mainly foreign workers from all over the world who where here to work for the summer, they couldn't be faulted as they where friendly etc but there was the issue of they couldn't understand English 100% and got confused sometimes. The pool was nice and there is outdoor music which is good if your a tan addict like myself. There is also free WIFI all over the hotel :). The location was fab as it is in the centre of Faliraki, restaurants are closer so It isn't that loud (you can sleep easily) but the clubs and bars are 2/5 mins away. The beach is around 5/10 mins walk away and that's great if you want to keep going back and forth like myself. On a whole I have enjoyed my stay and I'm sad to be going home.

• Stayed July 2013
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

I loved my stay in Rhodes! The staff at the hotel were very nice and helpful. I had booked a 2 person dorm but had a room to myself. They did tell me a couple of days later that another girl would be arriving and would share my room. I was a bit worried as it was a double bed, but then they realised and moved me to a room with twin beds. She didn't end up coming anyway so I still had my own room. The free breakfast was good, with good variety. The swimming pool area was nice, though I only spent about 20 mins lounging on the sun loungers. The location wasn't too bad. It was where the restaurants and bars peter out so it wasn't too noisy. I did hear some karaoke at night but not enough to keep me awake. The beach is a 10 min walk away and there is a laundrette nearby and bus stops nearby for going to Rhodes Town or Lindos etc. My bed was comfortable, but I did get a bit cold at night. My first room didn't have any blankets. The second one did but it didn't have any pillows when I first moved in. The staff lady helped me to find some though. The ensuite bathrooms were fine except that the floor tends to get really wet with the type of showers they often have in this part of the world, and my second bathroom had a broken toilet seat. There was also no soap, but there was free shampoo and body wash. The cleaning service was a bit unpredictable as they could come at any time of the day and I once went about 12 hours without toilet paper (I should have just asked for more, I know, but I thought the cleaners would be there shortly). But apart from that, I really enjoyed staying here and would definately stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank meganrachael
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last week of july '12 and was delighted with the value i got .firstly got to rhodes on a no frills flight for less than a 100 euro and this place for 18 euro a night per person with free breakfast .internet .tv and air con .the air con was a new unit and worked really well as was the internet although we where the closest room to reception.hotel was quiet with a nice pool and bar ,pool table and pool but we didnt spend much time here as it couldnt compete with the cooling breezes of the sea which was just across the road as was the bus stop on the coast road or if u take a left and walk to main road (2mins) more frequent service south to lindos beach much nicer than any other.a trip or 2 to main town of rhodes is worthwhile as is a trip to the island of symi although the boat journey itself was boring so bring a book .the nightlife in rhodes was also more lively than faliraki possibly because it draws scandinavians who havent been effected by the recession.faliraki is mostly english and italian.taxi to rhodes is 20 euro bus 2.50.this was my first sun holiday in a while and would muchrecommend greece over spain .people r so much more hospitable .staff where shy and friendly breakfast was ideal to start the day and i couldnt recommend enough this hotel superb value and service great for those on a budget.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank pcossie
Bryansk, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

We visited this hotel in the middle of September and enjoied our staying a lot! Nice litltle family-runned hotel in traditiomal greek style with lovely balconies.
The location is great, in the center of Faliraki, but not too noisy, 1 minute to the bus stop, 3 minutes to the bar street, 5 minutes to the beach.
The room was air-conditioned, clean and cosy, may be not the newest equipment in the bahtroom, but everything functioned ok! Also, we were lucky to have a corner room with a huge balcony (table and 2 chairs included), where we loved spending late evenings.
There were free refrigirator and BBQ for the guests in the swimming pool area, and in the lobby lockers (1 euro/day) and computers were available. Free wi-fi for guests was also a pleasure.
We were a bit nervous about breakfast after reading traveller's opinions, but for us it appeared to be sufficient. Every day the buffet offered us: tomatoes, cucumbers, watermelon, yoghurt, cheese and ham, toasts, some cakes, butter, jam, cereals, milk, juice, coffee and tea. It was more than enough to start a day!
Some words should be said about the staff: they were all nice, smiley and ready to help. Thanks to all of them, especially to Pavlos, the owner, for our great stay! It was more than I expected for this money!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Olamas
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

For me three thing are important in hotel. The bed,the bathroom end the cleanliness. If you are not dificult and you dont care than this hotel i perfect for price. The pool is nice, the service and the location is perfect. For me this is a very average two stars hotel....

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank M L
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Hotel that gives maximum for the price you pay, in the centre of Faliraki. best for the young people going on holiday! i will definately go again!! greetings from Serbia

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends