“Another excellent Mitsis hotel”

Mitsis Faliraki Beach Hotel
Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Faliraki
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Another excellent Mitsis hotel”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My congratulations to the Mitsis group and the great staff at the Faliraki Beach. My partner and I and our friends (another couple) stayed at the hotel for 10 nights in June.

The transfer from the airport took a little over 30 minutes by coach . We arrived at around 21.30hrs and hotel looked beautiful with its blue lighting. Checking-in took barely a couple of minutes and then we were on our way to room 54 and our friends 61, rooms on the lower level off of reception (up stairs). Unfortunately our room (54) overlooked the back of the restaurant and the barrel store. Typically, our friends room was out the back of the hotel with the swim up pool. Our room was a reasonable size with two single beds pushed together. The bathroom was up-to-date, clean and shiny. And in the bedroom one wall was completely mirrored. Overall the decor of the room was modern and of a high standard.

All the common spaces were very clean and immaculately presented. There is one main restaurant and it is busy at meal times. Although don't ask me about breakfast I never made it! At lunchtimes there can be long queues for the hot food but the salad bar and dessert counter were much less busy. The food was of a good standard especially the salad items and the hot food hot enough.

There are a further 5 al a carte restaurants, a Sushi open only at lunchtime, a Greek and Italian open both lunch and evening and an Asian and a Mexican. Book at reception as soon as you arrive for as many as you like, we booked all but two evenings and two lunches. The food is from a limited menu but is cooked fresh and is very tasty. Snacks are available from both the pool bars, one of which includes a creperie (yummy), ice creams and desserts.

There are three swimming pools, the main one can get quite busy but there are normally sunbeds on the grass. The beach is the other side of the wall but sunbeds on the beach cost extra. There is a hidden pool which is very quiet and most of the time only one or two families are using it. Go past reception (keeping it on the right), past the lifts on the right and shops on the left. Take the corridor up the stairs on the right to the very end. Turn to the right once out the door and go down the stairs and you have almost your own personal pool.

If you get a chance go to Rhodes old town. The bus stop is just outside the hotel and it costs €2.20 each way, although it gets really busy! But do yourself a favour and catch the water shuttle back for €6.00 which leaves from the harbour and returns you to the beach two hotels down.

All in all this hotel did not disappoint, the staff are exceptional and I would recommend this 4 star hotel. Thank you for a great holiday Mitsis group, I will be booking another one in the future no doubt.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sparkles15

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

We young couple 26 & 35 returned on thursday from 7 nights in the mitsis Faliraki .... I jabe nothing but nice things to say about this hotel.

we arrived shortly after lunch time amd was greeted at reception by bery friendly staff who advised us we had missed lunch and pointed us in the direction of the beach bar to get some snacks should we be hungry our bags were then taken to our room by the porter (nice touch)

The a la carte restaurants greek mexican italian and asian were out of this world food wise cooked fresh while you wait which isnt to long and a fab touch to the all inclusive saves paying for meals out which we normally do when on holiday we even tipped in each restaurant as we enjoyed them so much the Greek was the best if we had too and booked in again for lunch a few days later with no problem at all...breakfast and lunch were ok of 4* quality being shown to your seat was also a nice touch this did create a que at times but who cares its not like a traffic jam and moves quite quickly.

Our room was lovley and cleaned every day upon request via door hanger the day we never put the hanger out the maid knocked in the evening to ask if we wanted fresh towels as the room had not been made and given the size of the hotel this also was a really nice touch.
The hotel is kept constantly spotless by an army of cleaners day and night communicating via hand held radios.

Bars in the restaurant were pleasant amd drinks were served cold with lots of ice yes there was ques at time and it didnt always work at a first come first served but again it was never an issue I believe people are to quick to moan and the level of english was good for a greek speaking country lol never a problem for somewhere to sit with a drink either

plenty of sunbeds even by my fav spot at a side pool where there was no kids bliss

all in all fab value for moneu 1350 for 2 ppl including flights and baggage for 1 week mid season

I would return again tomorrow and can't help but recommend this hotel to any one visiting faliraki perfect location right by the beach and no.more then 5 mins to bars clubs and restaurants

• Stayed June 2013
Rainham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Just got back from a week visit to faliraki beach hotel, this is the third year we have been to this hotel.
When you do go to the restaurant they will show you to your table and yes this can cause a slight queue,and when you go to get your food of course there will be people in front of you and if its breakfast its normally a wait for fresh fried eggs or omelette's. And what language would you expect waitresses to speak other then Greek,they do try to speak English,but then do we try to speak Greek ?
We have never had problems with any of the food from the main restaurant, and we had no problems booking the Greek, Mexican,Asian and Italian for six several times and the food can not be cold as its cooked in front of you !!.
The staff are all great ( Antoni's, Chara, Steve,George and big George to mention a few ).
We never had problems ordering drinks from any of the bars ,there are a lot of Russians but if you are not going to talk to them whats the big deal.
The hotel in my mind well deserves its four star + rating .We have been to other mitsis hotels Blue Domes,Norida Beach,Rhoda Beach,Rhodas Marris Renala Beach Summer Palace and returned to most but we will back to the Faliraki Beach next year.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank dave h
Manchester
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I am very disappointed with this hotel. It looks the part but the main restaurant really needs sorting. The food is cold and the queue is unbelievable. There's only one hot food counter when even most three star hotels have two. The queue must reach to the beach in July. There are several smaller restaurants to be sampled. The only one that's been ok so far has been the sushi. The Greek one was ok but the Mexican was dire, cold chilli, cold vegetables and a chicken salad with so little chicken that a vegetarian could happily have eaten it. The drinks are poor with the exception of the coffee. Gin and tonic smells and tastes like Brasso. The rooms are very nice and the swim up pools and swimming pools are first rate. The hotel is very clean and well presented. In your glossy brochure in your room you are informed that guest of mitsis Falaraki can use all inclusive facilities in mitsis hotels in Kiotari. Do not try this. You will be frog marched into the managers office and escorted from the premises. From my earlier reviews you will see that I'm not a moaner but frankly I found this hotel a huge disappointment.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SueC023
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I'm sorry to write this review but I cannot say I was at all impressed with the Mitsis Faliraki Beach and very disappointed having stayed at Mitsis Blue Domes in Kos last year which was rated a 5* rather than a 4*. I expected the Mitsis chain of hotels to be all of a good standard but I found this hotel to be poor in many areas. On our first night of arrival we were told that our room was not available and that we would have to stay in a family room and to return to reception the following morning to move to our dedicated room, not a good start to our holiday and rather irritating as we could not unpack. The following morning we returned to reception at around 9am and were asked to come back in another hour or so, so we had to hang around waiting to change rooms before we could head to the pool to begin enjoying our holiday. The receptionist was very polite though and did apologise for our inconvenience. We were moved into a room with a private pool, what this actually means is a pool you can access from your balcony but share with all the other rooms on the ground floor, it was a nice pool though! The hotel was extremely noisy on a morning so if you are going for a good rest and lie in I recommend taking some earplugs, the maids chatter loudly in Greek and any noise when other guests leave their rooms carries along the long corridor. Our room was kept very clean although we did wake up one morning to find a big cockroach on the floor. The minibar in the room is stocked every other day.

I would recommend booking up as many of the al la carte restaurants as possible when you arrive as the food in the buffet restaurant was pretty poor quality and all luke warm, I was pretty sick on the last night and I suspect the food was the cause but you never know I guess (not alcohol induced!). The food in the Greek restaurant and Italian was very good, however we didn't try the others, I wish we had! We did go out of the hotel complex and eat at one of the local restaurants on the seafront near the harbour one evening which was worth doing.

There were plenty of sunbeds around the pool area so no fighting to get there at 5am, be careful if you are sunbathing on the grassed area as there are a lot of bees and a few people got stung. The pool bar staff were friendly however they didn't seem to understand to serve the person who had been at the bar waiting the longest, I found if you just arrived at the bar and stood next to the person they were serving you would be served next regardless.

The hotel seemed to cater well for children, there seemed to be lots of activities with the animation staff for the kids and the sea was quite shallow if you prefer the beach, note that the sunbeds on the beach right outside the hotel do not belong to the hotel so it's 4 euro a day.

All in all this is a very average hotel and I was disappointed, I won't be returning. You get what you pay for so I'll be spending that bit extra on my next Greek holiday!

Room Tip: The larger family room we had on our first night seemed to be quieter
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JXLeeds
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This is a great hotel in a brilliant location right on the beach and close to main bars and restaurants, with very little traffic in the area. There are 3 bars with really good bar staff. It has the main restaurant and then an Italian, Mexican, Asian and Greek which need to be booked in advance and so I would suggest they are booked on arrival as very busy. The food was very good generally but I would point out that long trousers must be worn during the evening meal.
The hotel looks really good on arrival - first impressions etc, and does not disappoint when you go on in - great holiday and will certainly be back.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a smaller private pool outside your patio style doors, request rooms 2 to 22...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MarkWW57
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2013

me and my wife stayed here for 3 nights at end of april before moving on to the mitsis grand hotel in rhodes town.
we stayed in room 53, private access to a 50 mtr pool, fantastic.
we found everything at this hotel to be 1st class (apart from evening entertainment).
best all inclusive hotel we have been to, veery clean, very friendly and they even stock up your mini bar every other day. no doubt that we will be back next year. enjoy.

Room Tip: if you like swimming and peace and quiet go for bottom floor at the rear of the hotel, not much of a...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faliraki
Mitsis Alila Resort & Spa
#17 of 72 in Faliraki
Rodos Palladium
Rodos Palladium
#3 of 20 in Kallithea

Been to Mitsis Faliraki Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!