“Lovely authentic Greek food”
Review of Taverna Kostas

Taverna Kostas
Ranked #22 of 455 Restaurants in Rhodes Town
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2014

A little off the beaten track of the old town restaurant run, this lovely place was the most authentic restaurant we visited. I ordered grilled sword fish and my partner had pork kebabs and they were both delicious. The service was friendly and the atmosphere lovely and relaxed. For a more authentic dining experience with lovely food and value for money, I would highly recommend visiting this place.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We were greeted with a really friendly man who smiled the entire time he took our order and served us. We were there early, but a crowd formed fast. The moussaka was amazing! It took a long time to come out of the kitchen, but for how fresh and delicious it was, we didn't mind. Dolmathes were pretty good, and we also liked the oven vegetables. Popular spot around 9pm.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This is a small place down a backstreet with a pretty basic setup but great tasting food. Easy to find though using the Tripadvisor app. It felt like an authentic family run Greek Taverna. The food tasted great and it was served tapas style. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were lucky enough to find this place after spending 4 days in Rhodes trying to find something descent to eat. As soon as we arrived, Mr Kostas and his sons welcomed us and made us feel like we were eating at his own house. We started with bread, Greek salad, mpougiourti, tzatziki and courgette-balls which were fantastic. These were followed by the grilled octopus, soutzoukakia, Greek-style beans, mpekri-meze and fresh cut fries. All dishes were excellent with very traditional flavours. The whole experience made me feel like I was eating at my gradmother's house especially when they offered us Greek traditional sweets and souma (traditional drink) to thank us for choosing to dine at their tavern. I would recommend it to anyone who is in Rhodes and want to avoid all the busy and touristy places there.

2  Thank Elina6484
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had tried a couple of restaurants around Rhodes with varying results when we arrived at Kostas. I lived in Greece many years ago and this was just the sort of place I was hoping to find, with Kosta in the kitchen and his son and daughter in law assisting in house. The food was homely, freshly prepared, reasonable, the atmosphere relaxed and friendly and we really enjoyed our dinners here (so much after the first night that we came back a second time to try something else on the menu). The homemade dolmades were excellent! Definitely recommend for a relaxed quiet night.