“Very good”
Review of Mama Sofia's

Mama Sofia's
Ranked #19 of 422 Restaurants in Rhodes Town
Good for: Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Very good”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Just had lunch at Mama Sofia's excellent position opposite castle wall at top of town, food was excellent and service to match, very fresh food was a notch above anything else we sampled, highly recommended

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Sint-Joris-Winge, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mama Sofia is the best restaurant in Rhodes Town”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We went here every evening and we must admit that we were treated as kings by Stavros, Giannis and the all crew. Meat from the grill, fresh fish, majirefta, etc ... all of very good quality and very, very tasty. Not to mention the excellent choice of wines, ask Stavros which wine to take and he will give you good advice. This is the place to be ....

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank miekemossel
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Mama Sofias is is one of the nicest friendliest tastiest places i have ever eaten! The family all work together to run a really lovely restaurant. We had a selection of dishes shared between 3 of us over a lazy lunch.ts good homecooked food at reasonable prices. The 2 brothers who run front of hours took time to speak to each and every guest and even recommended dishes for us. The next time i go to Rhodes i will be back!

1 Thank jemima1183
Stockport
“Nice family-run restaurant”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Visited this place twice during our stay in Rhodes. Mama Sophia's two sons are now front of house although I believe she still works there during the day. Good Greek food and wine at reasonable prices. Friendly helpful staff.

1 Thank PhilDuff
Caloundra, Australia
“A standout in a very busy market”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Mama Sofia is just behind the landmark Clock Tower in Rhodes old town, in a string of restaurants and shops and bars in the row heading down to the Palace of the Grand Master of Knights gate. I chose it for Sunday lunch as all the patrons there seemed to be Greek, which is a good sign in a town with hundreds of restaurants and thousands of tourists. The appetiser of mushrooms with bacon in cream was as large as a main course, and delicious. My main course, kleftiko, was served in an entire casserole dish and had the most falling-apart tender, delicious lamb I've had in a long long time. I felt like I was eating for ages! I was happily people watching and settling in to contented fullness, having not had a good meal for a few days, when the waiter brought me a complimentary desert of ice-cream and cake! I protested I was full but he said 'stay as long as you like and enjoy, it's good for the digestion'. So I did, enjoyed the desert while reading a book and chatting to some other patrons, who were as friendly and delightful as the waiters. I went back a few nights later but it was, understandably, packed, so I missed out on having a table then. They invited me to wait inside for a few minutes, but I was really hungry so went elsewhere, which had a slightly cheaper menu, adequate, but not as memorable or welcoming. As a single woman I was shunted away from a table-with-best-view in that other place, whereas at Mama Sofia I felt simply welcome.