“Truly wonderful food!”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Langport, United Kingdom
“Truly wonderful food!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Firstly, the service is very friendly,but the food is just delicious. My son and husband had the Fisherman's Salad, truly epic selection of the freshest fish you could have on one plate! I had the Greek salad , again very fresh and tasty, just what we need after a very hot day of sightseeing.
We will return one day.

• Vietnamese first
Rhodes, Greece
“great experience !!!!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Great time and great food
The place is a mirror of the old Town and the atmosphere is superb
One thing is thet the coffee wasent good
but the overall was great

Rogaland, Norway
“A gastronomic journey!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

So my girlfriend and I, did after recommendation from a good friend, decide to go to Mama Sofia's restaurant in the old city of Rhodes (Greece).
And I must say; after all the other restaurants we have been to. we have at this point not found something that can slightly compare to its quality.
First of we were met with joy and good spirit of the waiters, we decided to go for the bread with dip (for starters) and then mussels, calamaris and a fisherman's salad (as the main course, on sharing for the both of us)
The waiters were really quick and efficient with the serving and "entertaining" while waiting for the food to be prepared.
The white wine we had with the food were also excellent!
Everything was cooked, steamed and made to perfection! Therefore this is by far the best restaurant we have visited in all of Rhodes till this point of our vacation! And I was quite surprised about the amount of food we got for our euros!

The vegetables that came with the dish were fresh and tasty. And so were the all the other ingredients.
We even got a delicious fancy and free fruit plate with some kind of baked cinnamon and caramel pear/peach/ i do not know? As a little dessert while enjoying the rest of our white wine!
The owner/manager, Stavros, were a real charm too. Treating us as a part of the family, making the whole experience as we were inside his home.
Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but we felt us very welcome and accepted in relation to other restaurants which is at first glance cozy, until they wish us away from the restaurant to benefit the next customer and more money, it you know what I mean.

And as the topping on the cake, it must be the nicest and cleanest toilet we have seen in all of Rhodes.
All in all; I would highly recommend this restaurant for all of you who want a real meet with the greek kitchen! A greek gastronomic adventure.
If I were ever to complain about anything at all. I would say that the interior wasn't as charming as the food was. But then again. I'm here to eat goddamnit!

4 Thank Adrian S
Taipei, Taiwan
“Very hospitable owner, great food!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We been here in early August, restaurant locates right next to Grand Master Palace. Owner very hospitable, and introduced us a lot of fresh sea food for choice. We ordered various seafood, all very delicious. Definitely a recommendation for who visited Rhodes old town.

קרית ביאליק, ישראל
“Great resturant! Great food, fair prices, and a super great service!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Me and my wife were in rhodes for a week. One afternoon we searched for a good restaurant at the old city. we came across mama sofia and were greeted by a nice man who welcomed us inside.
Eventually we understood that this man is the owner of the restaurant.
He is a very nice man with a great deal of patience for his customers.
Everything he recommended from the menu was very tasty and affordable. (Main courses were dennis filet and a hamburger with cheese).
In the end of the meal we even got a free dessert.
Me and my wife will definitely come again to mama sofia's restaurant in our next visit to rhodes.

• Visited October 2013