“Can a hotel be a joke?” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ambassador

Ambassador
Ranked #105 of 129 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Leppavirta, Finland
“Can a hotel be a joke?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

You can spend one week almost anywhere. That is how I feel about Hotel Ambassador. Luckily the weather is always fantastic in Rhodes Town and you can be outside as much as possible. It is so hard to find positive things but I try: beer...but it was bottled.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Antti R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I've been there a couple of times and will go again for sure, because I am quite happy with the facilities, environment, and location. The owner, Mr Stelios, is a very friendly person; hence I enjoy his hospitality very much. I have absolutely nothing to complain about.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Nionios K
Debrecen, Hungary
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

Being a young couple I don' t think we have high expectations about accommodations, but there were seriously cheap things in the hotel.
When we arrived I asked the receptionist, if our room is going to have a good air-condition, since it was quite hot and humid. He said, it worked very well! We received a room on the top floor, facing to the south, and the air condition rather functioned like a propeller. Thanks to some monetary contribution we received a second room, which was quite good. Not big, but quite clean. Although it faced to the street front, it wasn' t loud at all. However I wouldn' t recommend it to those who don' t sleep well. The location is quite good, you can reach the beach in a 70 ms walk, although that beach isn' t very clean, the area is not nice at all. We went to the other side next to the casino or to Ixia to the beach (there are good windsurfing spots, there). The cleaning lady came during the day, whenever she felt like, sometimes simply skipped our room. Although I think she was very nice.
The breakfast was a cardinal point. The receptionist tried to spare every single euro cent out of it. The gourmet selection included one slice of mortadella and one slice of cheese, laid on the bank, next to some piece of bread rolls. About 30 mins in the morning there was also some croissants (that was seriously good), they ran out pretty fast of them. Anyway, I didn' t feel like trying the mortadella, since it was left out in the warm from 7 am, without any cooling. We usually had some jams, butter and cheese. Coffee, was definitely not a highlight, I think you would guess why. There was a grapefruit and orange juice machine. The juice tasted like a mixture of lemon juice and plastic fluid. (Fruit content zero) One day the machine broke, so I asked the manager to get some juice. He left a bottle at the desk, which looked nice. The time I poored some into my glass, he aggressively jumped there and informed me, that it was "too heavy" for me, it' s a 100% (!!!) orange juice, so I have to add some water!!! After this moment I laughed loudly for about 15 mins at my table, this situation looked so awkward.
Anyway the hotel was OK, good location, but the spare attitude of the staff could have been experienced every single minute. Considering the price we payed for, this deal was acceptable. The vacation was nice , but not because of the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose another room! The manager will make you choose the worst room in the hotel! :D
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Athos99786986

Travellers are raving about these Rhodes Town hotels

Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed a week in this hotel with my friend. The day we arrived we had to wait almost three hours to get the room. The receptionist could have informed us that the rooms are ready at 14 hrs, not sooner. It was irritating to wait at the reception after a long and early flight.

The first room they offered to us was so called "silent" room. The room was very small and the view from the balcony was rathe ugly. We wanted another room. This meant that we had to wait another 30 minutes. The hotel didn't have enough cleaning staff apparently. Finally, when we got the room with the balcony towards the street, it was nice and bigger than the first one. We were happy with the room.

The hotel staff was ok. The other hotel guests could have understood that they are not alone in the hotel. There was quite a lot of noice during the nights. The street was also a "noicy" one.

This hotel is good option if you want to stay near the beach and all the restaurants and the "bar streeet". If you are a light sleeper, bring your earplugs with you or choose another hotel :).

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank FinTravelette
Vantaa, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

I stayed here on my holiday in May and have to say that I was quite disappointed considering that the hotel was fully renovated 2008. Room was very little, especially the bathroom where it was almost dangerous after showering since all the water was on the floor and it was very slippery. Sometimes there was only cold water or no water at all. Shower couldn't be attached to the wall, so you have to keep it in your hand all the time. Clothing cabinets were super small and dirty. Cleaning lady comes and goes whenever suites for her, many times it wasn't cleaned until 3-4pm. and once she came to the room without knocking and I was sleeping. The bed was terrible, I could feel the strings..

Plus sides are free air-conditioning, safety box in the room and great location. The staff at the restaurant was also very nice.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KatMar78
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

I wasn't looking forward to staying in this hotel after some of the reviews I read. However the hotel is very clean, rooms cleaned and fresh towels every day. The staff were all really friendly and the bar food very good and good value. The breakfast isn't fantastic but it was sufficient.
Yes I must say the rooms aren't massive so I strongly suggest you try to get a room on the upper floors but for the price we paid I was very satisfied and would definitly return again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nelliep047
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2010

When we arrived we were thrilled with the recently renevated hotel as it looked amazing. Really close to the beach just a 5min walk. Hotel rooms were a good size with a fridge which came in handy and free air con. The hotel restaraunt does a range of nice foods and the friendly staff are fantastic (and mainly english). The Wifi is a little irritating as you cannot access it in the room but must use it downstairs in the bar. The Cleaning staff are fabulous, very meticulous and only have sundays off. Wide range of shops and restaraunts around the hotel, city centre a 10min walk and the old town a 20min walk. Due to the central positioning this can mean some outside noise in the evening/early morning, which did wake up some people so may be better to get a room at the back if your a light sleeper. For just less than £2000 we got flights, hotel and continental brekkie e.g. ham, cheese and croissant, transfers for 2 adults and 2 teenagers its an amazing deal!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family