“Nice ...”
Review of Tamam

Tamam
Ranked #3 of 453 Restaurants in Rhodes Town
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Another season full of flavors and unique experiences just finished. Thank you for choosing Tamam as the absolute food destination in Rhodes for one more year. Now a renovation period begins, so that everything is going to be ready by the spring of 2018. See you around!
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Nice , but in an average way...
Before eating at the restaurant I made my first impressions reading reviews from tripadvisor. First I've said that this is a really must TODO in Rhodes, so i had to do everything to eat there. In Rhodes, I found the restaurant very easy and I was pretty disappointed that there was a huge line. There were like 5,6 tables waiting outside and inside are somewhere at 10 tables ( maybe ). So after I did the math, it was somewhere at 1-2 hours of waiting outside.

I've said to myself that this restaurant is really interesting if people are standing at the line for at least 1 hour. I'm sorry to say this, but I'm not used to stay at a line for eating and paying for food. Sorry, I don't want to offend anyone that stayed in the line, but this is sick. If you are that good, with so many certificates and so many good reviews, just make the restaurant bigger, or put some small tables outside too, or I don't know , do something about it....

Anyway, so I didn't stayed at line. I want to eat I don't want to spend my holiday time in a line.
After I did some research, the best time in day to eat at this place without standing at a line is somewhere from 3PM to 5PM ( maybe 6PM ).

So, there I was, next day , 3 PM , free table without a line, I just want to see what this restaurant is made of. Well, unfortunately I was a little disappointed: the food was good, but not worthy of a certificate (or multiple tripadvisor certificates year after year). I guess it's easy get on top, very hard to stay there.

Actually it wasn't for my taste at all and not very impressive cooked: I ordered some fish (can't remember now, it was a chef's specialty), and it was just overcooked: this is not acceptable for a restaurant where people are standing in a line. The plate arrangement was fine, but after my first fork in the plate, everything was just spread in pieces ( and I know how to eat ). Anyway , there so many other details to discuss about my plate... My wife's plate was disappointing as well. We were expecting for outstanding food and a smile on our faces after, but it wasn't like this at all.

After we have finished our plates, another annoying thing of course, we had a small chat with the owner's daughter, who , apparently works there. We asked her why they don't want to expand their restaurant, at least with some tables outside, or something. The answer was pretty lame: it's a family restaurant, and if they extend, the will need to hire staff, and it will not be a family restaurant anymore. I think she works there just to sell donuts and to relate their story and talk about their business. I'm not interested if the food is not great. I don't care about business , I just want to eat, and have a wonderful experience. I don't want to eat/buy donuts.
Also, she tried to cheer me up with a nice desert and a local drink ("made by her father"). That desert was really nice,. Maybe for others, this free attention works well for good impressions about the restaurant and their food, but it didn't worked for me.

My conclusion: this restaurant is very popular because it has a good location for tourists, and the flow of clients each evening is surprisingly high. I bet that over 50% of people that stay in line will never stay again in line next evening.

Sorry for my english and my long review.

6  Thank MarcelC988
Write a ReviewReviews (4,357)

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Near excellent food, affordable prices, good hospitality. On the bad side the interior is small and air conditioning is a bit underpowered for summer temperatures.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We were looking for another place but came across "tamam" by chance; and I mean it was really a good chance,
It's a small family run restaurant, they welcome you with a sincere smiles on their faces.
And the food was great both presentation and taste, that genuine traditional taste...
Pita bread with tapenade and spicy tartare was a good choice to start with, greek salad tasted so fresh and balanced, also the presentation was stunning! And the way they serve all the beverages was so smart, they decorate all the beverages with fresh fruits...
The main courses were well presented and delicious
I'll come back again and again!!!
Cosy and lovely

1  Thank Basak T
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We saw the queue every night outside and decided we needed to see for ourselves why it was so popular. Oh my days....it was gorgeous! Warm friendly family who gave everyone 100% attention.The food was utterly superb as was the presentation. What a gem of a place to find.

1  Thank linipini
Reviewed 12 August 2014

What a costumer wants in a good restaurant? Surely some good food, good service and after the meal surely he wants a low price..
So in tamam restaurant you can find a very nice family who know how to do this job,serving really faboulous meals, i go there with my girlfriend and we really enjoy a special lunch.
They serve us everytime with smile on their faces and after they also offered us an home made ice cream and a digestive.. Congratulations to this family who really speaks food

1  Thank Dom1992