After much searching for the perfect holiday we choose to stay at the Elite Suites. We were looking for some where private where we could spend our days sun bathing by our own private pool, unfortunately when we got there we were disappointed that our sunbathing deck didn't actually get and sun at all, but luckily this was the only downfall to our stay.
We stayed on the 5th floor which had the most amazing sea views. If I was to return I would ask for the 4th floor as the 5th floor has the suites without pools directly above, we were unfortunate enough to get woken up a few mornings by the people above having what sounded like a furniture moving party. I wouldn't want to stay in any of the lower levels as they are so close to the main road.
The staff are what made this hotel so special, their attention to detail was superb, they were always friendly and could not do enough for you, particularly the manager Leon.
Breakfast was great, lots of choice on the buffet and the option to order fresh eggs, omelettes ect. We ate at the Varkarola Taverna every night except one, this was because the food, service and value for money were exceptional, they also had a great selection of wines and champagne.
We were on a bed and breakfast package, we could upgrade to half board at a cost of 35€ per person per day but after the fist day we worked out that dinner didn't cost as much as that and you wouldn't be able to spend that much at lunch so it wasn't worth the upgrade.
The room service menu and mini bar were again very reasonably priced and a good selection.
The suite we stayed in was lovely and spotlessly clean, nicely furnished too, the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, we really appreciated the gifts left in our room on a daily basis from cakes to olive oil.
I also celebrated my birthday whilst staying here the hotel left me a bottle of champagne and even brought me a birthday cake out at dinner which was very thoughtful of them.
We went down to the beach but came straight back again as the beach is less than desirable although the sea was lovely and warm. We spent most our days by the main pool which was very nice, we didn't really like the black pool for the Elite suite guests and spa users.
The only place to get an after dinner drink was the bar in the 11th floor, this was nice but I really feel the Elite Suites should have a bar of its own exclusive to its guests.
We went in to old Rhodes town for one of the days, this place is defiantly worth a visit and only cost 10€ to get to by taxi.
We had a night flight on the way home and expected as we arrived late on the first day we would be able to stay in our room on the last day, but unfortunately we had to move to a less then 5* quality room in the main hotel, but guess this was better then nothing.
We had such a lovely holiday and like I said this place is almost perfect but I guess I expected perfect when you pay as much as you do to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our dazzling suites offer uninterrupted views of the Aegean sea through sunny floor-to-ceiling windows. The beautifully appointed bedroom has a combination of marble and wooden floor, a living area with a corner-sofa bed, all done in a sophisticated style. The irresistible washroom has a full-length tub, separate shower, and two washbasins. The outdoors beckons intimate dining on an expansive balcony terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Amathus Elite Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elite Suites By Amathus Beach Hotel Ixia
- Amathus Elite Suites Rhodes/Rhodes Town