“Peter & Paula Our Favorite holiday destination”

Amathus Elite Suites
Ranked #4 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We are fortunate to be able to have a number of holidays a year they are all five star including cruising but for the past five years we have always included a 10 day holiday at the Elite Suites, Why? Simply we have found a hotel that exceeds our expectations the friendly competent staff go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect, the rooms are beautifully furnished and the private pool is just right to catch the end of the day sun, we dine in the friendly but intimate Varkarola restaurant where the food is excellent and the staff outstanding. We have recently returned after yet another wonderful holiday at the Elite Suites, looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Theofilos L, Manager at Amathus Elite Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Paula and Peter,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind comments on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to welcome back friends. For all of us here the greatest achievement is to create such relationship with our guests and meeting people like you makes it so easy.

Looking forward to welcome you back and to have yet another interesting conversation.

Best regards

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just come back from staying a week at the Elite Suites feeling very relaxed and refreshed.

We stayed in a room next to the presidential suite and I have to say the view was stunning with our very own Infinity pool looking directly out onto the sea, trust me you won't tire of it. The pool does initially feel a bit cold but after a couple of days you get used to it and it becomes a refreshing way to cool down after catching the rays of the sun.

I am so glad we stayed on this side of the island and didn't opt for Lindos as you benefit from a coastal breezes which without could make it a bit too hot for some people.

The food is very good at the a la carte restaurant and is made even more special by the two brothers running it and their team, all of which make you feel very special.

The spa is excellent and again the staff here were extremely friendly and helpful.

I normally enjoy being active and although it said on the site that a tennis court was available I decided not to take my racquet as I was using the week to recharge my batteries. If you do go and want to use the court, the court itself is fine but take your own balls and racquet as you will be disappointed with those provided if you play regularly.

My only grump is that in the room information it says you can book a tennis lesson which I thought despite my initial thoughts I would take advantage of. I booked my lesson on the first full day of being there for the following day at 6 pm. Unfortunately nobody turned up and when I went back to reception they tried to contact the coach and despite my best efforts to offer the next four days before going home the coach wasn't very accomodating and only offered a time in the middle of the afternoon several days later when it's far too hot to play. Reading between the lines my guess is not many people ask to do this and the coach looks after another hotel and they couldn't really be bothered to come and do the one lesson, which is fine but don't offer the service.

Anyway apart from that everything else was excellent!!! and let me balance this with another experience. On the final day before leaving we went into the restaurant to get lunch and thought we would have to pay as we were half board. The eldest brother running the restaurant said let me check as if you don't utilise one of your meals then this can be carried over. We had been into Rhodes for a few meals and hadn't eaten at the hotel one evening during the week of our stay. He came back from checking at reception and advised us that we could have lunch at no extra cost which was above and beyond what I had anticipated.

Oh and one final thing although the hotel food is excellent take a trip into Rhodes and visit Tamam absolutely fabulous traditional Greek food - we went there three times in our weeks stay!!

Dear Friend,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am glad we could create a relaxing environment during your holiday. It is always a pleasure to receive positive comments but equally important your constructive criticism. We took action on your feedback regarding the tennis instructor and we now work with a second tennis instructor in order to offer this service to our guests whenever is requested. Leonidas has been acknowledged for delivering beyond your expectations service and thank you for mentioning that.

Once again thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Recently returned from our second visit to the Elite Suites and I can honestly say this is THE BEST hotel we have ever stayed in! The customer service is beyond compare, nothing is too much trouble for the staff who go to great lengths to ensure your holiday is perfect. Last year we were on the 5th floor and I have to say I was a little apprehensive when told we had been allocated a suite on the 2nd floor which as previous reviewers had commented on is nearer the busy road and therefore noisier than the suites higher up. To be honest the traffic noise didn't bother us at all and it is quite nice being nearer the sea and you still get lovely sea views. In fact we are hoping to return again next year and will be requesting a room on the 2nd level again.
Unfortunately I was unwell for most of the time I was away so we did tend to spend most of the time just relaxing by the pool. The meals in the Varkarola restaurant were even better than I remember from last year. My son is still talking about the amazing Lobster night. A big thank you must go to Leo for the warm welcome he gave my son and his girlfriend, for arranging 'vitamin smoothies' for me at breakfast to make me feel a little better, and for arranging a late check out room in the main hotel for us on our last day, as I said the staff really cannot do enough for you.

The thing that sets this hotel apart from others is the staff and we must say a big thank you to all the staff who work so hard in the Elite Suites you all do an amazing job but special thanks must go to Leo, Stefanos, Signe and the ever cheerful Moschoula,sorry I was not able to thank you personally but it was you day off when we left. My apologies if I have misspelt any of your names.

Hope to catch up with you all again next year. Best wishes to you all Sue and Ian from Milton Keynes.

Room Tip: All suites are amazing , rooms on higher floors are quieter.

Dear Sue and Ian,

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experience from our Elite Suites on TripAdvisor. Your comments are greatly appreciated and a major "energy" boost for all of us, but especially for the Elite Suites Team to keep improving our services to guests who eventually become our friends.

Thank you for your kind comments and looking forward to welcome you back once again.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just returned from our second visit to the Elite Suites and found it even better than the first time.
Leonidas and the team do an absolutely first rate job, surely nothing is too much trouble for them.
When we arrived our executive suite wasn't ready so we stayed in a garden suite, my partner was so taken with this she didn't want to move so we stayed there for the rest of our stay.
Breakfast buffet was superb as was the evening meal at Varkarola, special thanks to Emy for looking after us and helping to choose our wine.
There are several restaurants and bars close by but these are rather average by comparison. Having looked at other peoples reviews I think everything has already been said, this place is the real deal and we are hoping to return in September.

Room Tip: Private pool is a must.
3  Thank Sam F

Dear Friend,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure and our greatest achievement to welcome back returning guests. Once again thank you for your patronage and for your kind comments.

Looking forward welcoming you back once again.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

It was amazing.. we had a great time in our mini moon on April.. You can feel like A royalty as the Service is best in the world. Many thanks to Leonidas, Moschoula and Signe and to rest of the team. Rooms are luxory decorated with Private pool.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Friend,

We are glad we could enhance this special holiday for you and thank you for taking the time to share in on TripAdvisor. Rest assured the whole team has been acknowledged for creating so nice memories.

Looking forward welcoming you back.

(tlakkas@elitesuites.com)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We have visited Elite suites several times and never had to disappoint. You can feel like A royalty as the Service is best in the world. Many thanks to Leonidas, Moschoula and Signe and to rest of the team. Rooms are luxory decorated with Private pool. We have travelled around the world and we can say that this is really something we allways miss at home. Best regards Tarja & Topi

Room Tip: Rooms at ground floor have their own backyard and garden. Upperfloors have seaview, if you prefer t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Theofilos L, Manager at Amathus Elite Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Tarja and Topi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to have you staying with us again. Your kind words for my colleagues are greatly appreciated and as you know a huge motivation boost for all of us.

Looking forward to welcome you back again and please do contact us if we could assist you with your booking.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 nights. Amazing place. The suites are beautiful with stunning views across the Aegean to Turkey. The weather has been great hot hot hot!

The staff here led by the amazing Leo cannot be faulted. Nothing is too much trouble and always done with a smile. We were half board and the food was well above average.

Hired a car for a couple of days to tour the island which again is worthwhile. Rhodes town is a crowded bus trip of about 10 mins. Bus stop right outside hotel. We had a taxi back for 8 euro. A lovely place.

Thank you all at Amathus we hope to be back. Kind regards

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rubylewis

Dear Friend,

We're so glad we upheld the high esteem you hold the Elite Suites name in. Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments and we hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we could assist you with your booking.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhodes Town
#6 of 126 in Rhodes Town
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
#1 of 15 in Kiotari

Been to Amathus Elite Suites? Share your experiences!