I stayed in a one bedroom suite with a private pool in August, with my son.
The room is bright, spacious and nicely furnished. I was a little bothered that the pool would be something of a novelty - how wrong I was. We used the pool almost constantly (although we did venture to the lovely Black Pool, beach and main hotel pools on a number of occasions) - fantastic fun!
Many reviews have already commented on the staff - and I must say that they were excellent - the restaurant staff in particular were warm, friendly, attentive and excellent at their job - the leadership shown by young and enthusiastic management was first class - well done.
We were on a half-board package and ate breakfast and dinner at the hotel on most days.
The one small misgiving I have in this otherwise wholehearted recommendation, is that the food served in the evening was probably shy of being truly 5 star, although I must say I thoroughly enjoyed their fantastic salads. The wine selection has some decent reds and not unreasonably priced for a 5 star hotel.
Room service menu is priced very reasonably as are the soft drinks from the mini-bar (I didn't use any of their alcoholic drinks, so cannot comment on their prices).
I made a couple of requests prior to arrival - and while they were non-committal on one aspect (probably not unreasonably) they delivered on both.
All-in-all, I believe the 5 rating I have provided to be accurate and deserved - my observation on the evening food have been included for completeness - I don't believe it's sufficiently significant to reduce the rating to a 4 - if 4.5 were on offer I'd probably have given that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our dazzling suites offer uninterrupted views of the Aegean sea through sunny floor-to-ceiling windows. The beautifully appointed bedroom has a combination of marble and wooden floor, a living area with a corner-sofa bed, all done in a sophisticated style. The irresistible washroom has a full-length tub, separate shower, and two washbasins. The outdoors beckons intimate dining on an expansive balcony terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Amathus Elite Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elite Suites By Amathus Beach Hotel Ixia
- Amathus Elite Suites Rhodes/Rhodes Town