Stayed in one of the newly opened Elite suites in June with own garden, own pool and sea view. It was fantastic! Room immaculate with huge TV, lounge area, Bulgari toiletries in beautiful bathroom and bowl of fruit and bottle of cava on arrival. Every day about lunchtime a maid delivered a complimentary dish of food and a bottle of drink to our room, which was a lovely touch of luxury. The private pool, which was walled for privacy, was plenty big enough for the two of us and we were able to sunbathe in the water every day on lilos (which we took with us). The pool also had a hydro-type arrangement so that it could be either as a jacuzzi or we could swim against the current which was great excercise.
Buffet and cooked breakfast was held daily in the private elite suites dining room. The buffet tended to be a little on the cool side but good selection. A nice touch was being offered a selection of exotic teas in a wooden box and then being made a fresh teapot of whichever one you chose. Great for snobby tea-freaks like me.
The only slight down-side was the noise from the main road into Rhodes, which runs along the bottom of the gardens but this was barely noticeable after a while because of the sound of splashing water cascading over the edge of our infinity pool (and our ipod station). Check out the exquisitely decorated spa with the subtle blue lighting, pebble floors and individually designed treatment rooms! I've never seen anything like it even at so-called 'posh' spas in England. Staff deserve a mention - they were faultless. I hope the standard continues as they become busier.
We didn't eat a main meal in the Amathus hotel itself so I can't pass comment on that. Instead we took a taxi (7 euros) into Rhodes old town every night and ate in a different restaurant each time.
Would we go back? ABSOLUTELY!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our dazzling suites offer uninterrupted views of the Aegean sea through sunny floor-to-ceiling windows. The beautifully appointed bedroom has a combination of marble and wooden floor, a living area with a corner-sofa bed, all done in a sophisticated style. The irresistible washroom has a full-length tub, separate shower, and two washbasins. The outdoors beckons intimate dining on an expansive balcony terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotel.de, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Amathus Elite Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elite Suites By Amathus Beach Hotel Ixia
- Amathus Elite Suites Rhodes/Rhodes Town