“Could not fault it”

Zacosta Villa Hotel
Ranked #48 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I booked the Zacosta as I wanted to stay in the Old town and the trip advisor reviews were so very good
The other reviews were right.
I could not fault this little hotel / villa at all Although I had booked the Giardino room I was moved into the upstairs Raimondo room which is slightly bigger as the hotel was not full . In fact on a couple of days I was the only one there.
The rooms are fairly small although I don't think the suite is, but very comfortable. The bed is one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in whilst in Greece. There is a full bathroom with expensive toileteries replaced when needed, dressing gowns and slippers. The towels are new and large and replaced daily and the water always hot.
There is a small fridge in the room unfortunately without an ice making compartment but this is no problem as John has an ice making machine and used to leave a full ice bucket full in the bar for me .
The breakfasts are huge and eaten outside in the lovely coutyard (except on the one morning that it rained.) There is no set breakfast time John simply gets it when you are up. There is a range of pastries, cheese and spinach pies, rice pudding, yoghurt and honey, cerials, bread and jams freshly squeezed Orange juice infact far to much to eat but you can cover some in foil and put it in your fridge for later.
The villa is central for all the sites in the old town and I did my exploring in the morning and relaxed in the sunny courtyard in the afternoon which was very peaceful.
John was extremely helpful and knowledgable. He assisted me with my luggage from where the taxi can drop you to the villa and arranged and helped me again with my luggage on my return.
I will definately return to Rhodes town and when I do I will definately book the Zacosta Villa again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 May 2011

A cozy boutique hotel in the old town of Rhodes provides you with the highest class of rooms and service. Great location, very close to the main sites in the medieval town of Rhodes, carefully restored historic house with beautiful rooms, delicious breakfast and excellent assistance provided by the owner of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2011

While Rhodes has so much to offer, the old city is the heart and why not stay in a place inside the walls rather than the typical hotel that can be found in a thousand places around the world. We came here on our honeymoon as part of a larger trip to the region and were very pleased with everything. John knows so much and the hotel is so peaceful, yet close to all that is the old city. We recommend very highly and will surely return and encourage our friends to do the same.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2011

We got a much better support and assistance than we could ever expect, even if we had already read the good opinions on tripadvisor.
John is extremly gentle, he has a very careful service and a natural ability in making you feel as guest, not a customer. He can suggest interesting locations, the most beautiful beaches, desert or cool ones, the most representative restaurants of the Greek cooking, the unknown country paths to reach wonderful views.
The villa is little, few rooms very well managed, clean, with every comfort you can need or only wish. It is located just in the middle of the old town Rodos, closed to rent a car company and easy to be used as basis for trips on both the sides of the island.
Breakfast is tailored on your times and habits, rich and various, served outside in the patio.
We strongly recommend it!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2011

This was our first stop on our honeymoon in Greece and it was amazing! Part of what makes this hotel so wonderful is John. He was incredibly nice, considerate and helpful through our entire stay. He went out of his way to make sure we saw all of Rhodes. Zacosta has a wonderful location-inside the old city and minutes away from restaurants, shops and bars. Thank you John for making our stay so memorable!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2010

We stayed at the Zacosta for our honeymoon and it was truly a wonderful experience!! The owner John is a fantastic person, he went out of his way to make sure we had a fabulous time! The hotel is located within the old town of Rhodes, it is close to everything you could want and it makes for a perfect setting. My husband and I loved Rhodes so much, thank you!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nomiki03
Reviewed 2 November 2010

We enjoyed a wonderful few days in Rhodes staying at the Zacosta Villa.
From the inviting courtyard, to the tasteful rooms with the robes and slippers, and a wonderful breakfast, John's villa is amazing. The attention to detail was beyond our expectations and made us feel like we had been transported back in time...in style.

John shared great ideas of where to visit, where to eat and even suggested the run in the moat and walk along the wall! He was the ultimate host even helping with a ferry challenge upon our departure.

Without a doubt, I'd recommend the Zacosta as a beautiful, romantic spot that you will be thrilled to stay in. The town may be medieval but this villa is very current and well worth the money.

Thank you John, for a memory we will never forget !
Barbara and Roman