“A very pleasant stay”

Zacosta Villa Hotel
Ranked #46 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Lovely little hotel with 3 suites, delicious breakfasts, and John couldn't have been a better host: always friendly and keen to help but never intrusive. Ideal setting close but outside the main city throng, set in the narrow, rabbit-warren, old-city lanes.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 September 2011

I went to Zacosta Villa Hotel for my honeymoon in last year's July, sorry that I was so busy and just write my review now!

I searched the Internet for many hotels in Rhodes and finally chose Zacosta, I'm very sure I made the correct choice! I stayed 2 nights in the Raimondo room at the end of July. Zacosta is a stylish boutique hotel and there are only 3 rooms: Giardino, Raimondo and Gran Maestro Suite. Raimondo room is located in the upper floor and you can see the backyard from the window.

The Rhodes city is divided into 2 parts: the Medieval City old town and the new town. I have to say you MUST stay in the old town! It is such a special experience to live in the old town as you feel like going back to the ancient era! The cobble street, the charming old houses, the quiet atmosphere, it makes city guys like me feel so comfortable. I just feel so enjoying walking around the cobble streets in the old town.

All the rooms and the living room of Zacosta are decorated stylishly! I really think the owner John has done a great job in renewing the property. It made you feel the charm of an historical villa but the modern design and amenities made you feel very comfortable living in the hotel! I and my wife enjoyed so much eating breakfast in the backyard and chatting with John and other tourists. You can see my photos for the details.

Of course, the most important factor of Zacosta is the owner John! John is so helpful and nice, his English is also very good as he has lived in US before. I remember when we arrived the first day, we arrived at around 8 am as we traveled from Santorini by night ferry. John picked us from the pier and provided us breakfast in the backyard which was free of charge! He also gave us a map and provided a lot of useful tips about the travelling attractions and recommended restaurants. As John knew that I came here for honeymoon, he gave me a bottle of champagne and "secretly" told me it will be ready in my room when we returned room at night! What a considerate arrangement!

To be honest, Zacosta is not cheap, but it worth every penny of the price! The popular Spirit of the Knights Boutique Hotel starts at Euro 200 during peak season! I think Zacosta is much more reasonable.

Not too many Asians travel to Rhodes (they mainly go to Santorini and Mykonos), but I think Rhodes is a must-go place. And if you go to Rhodes, stay in Zacosta, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: I like the Raimondo room very much. But actually the Giardino's size is just a little bit smalle...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Considering we were visiting Rhodes mainly to learn something of its rich and interesting history, this small, boutique hotel turned out to be an excellent choice. We had a small room on the ground floor, tastefully fitted out with quality furniture and accessories. It had direct access to the enclosed courtyard where breakfast was served. What we particularly liked about the breakfasts was the selection of local, traditional products which were offered to us in addition to the more usual breakfast foods, once again all top quality. Most important of all though was the hotel's location in a quiet part of the old town and very close to its major historical and cultural sites as well as many good restaurants. For two people who had not been to Rhodes before, John was an excellent host - very generous with his time and a very valuable source of helpful information.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Wanted to stay in the old town and thanks to Tripadvisor reviews stayed at the Zacosta. We are a family of 3 so we booked the Grand maestro room which is the biggest of the 3 rooms.It was very spacious and very clean. John was a wonderful host who has thought of everything you need to make for the perfect stay. The breakfast was wonderful with fresh OJ, cuppacino and spinach pie, greek cheese pies, yoghurt,muffins,rolls,sliced meats,cheese etc.It was great coming back to the Zacosta after a day of sightseeing.We would highly recommend the Zacosta as the location(and everything else) is perfect.John even told us which bus to catch to Lindos which was a great place. Thank you John for make our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank toolsie1
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I stayed at Zacosta at the end of June 2011 for 5 nights (with my sister) and it was one of the best B&B-type of experiences I have ever had: a very intimate villa inside the ramparts of the Templar city, with the comfort of a 5-star hotel, from the plush bed to the extra-soft linens, to the bath products. And wait, there is more :) : The owner's personalized service deserves an A++. John is kind, efficent, personable, and he makes the most delicious fresh-squeezed orange juice ever! He's a well-travelled fellow himself, very nice to talk to when you feel like conversing and almost invisible when you want your space. He had very good restaurant recommendations too.

I honestly cannot say enough good things about this place. It was an unforgettable experience. I want to send all my friends there, because I want them to fell as content and relaxed as I was.

THANKS JOHN!!!!!!

Laura and Janet

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed at Zacosta for 3 nights in June. Zacosta is highly recommended for all the same good reasons mentioned in previous reviews.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Last May, my husband and I travelled to Rhodes. We stayed in Rhodes Old Town for 3 nights at Zacosta. The villa was hidden within the walls of Rhodes Town and took us a short time to locate, but upon arrival we felt like we'd found a sort of oasis. It was a pleasant surprise to find we were upgraded to the Grand Maestro Suite complete with jacuzzi tub. Our proprietor was warm and welcoming, helping us to transfer luggage from our car (parked several blocks away since Rhodes Medieval town is a pedestrian town) and offered advise on the sights and the best restaurants to try. We were greeted in the courtyard each morning with a wonderful breakfast of cereals, baked goods, yogurt and meats. Only 3 rooms share the exquisite courtyard, so privacy was not a concern. The location is ideal, within the Old Town walls but outside the busier aeas - you are always a short stroll from the key sights and shops. our room was cosy, tasteful and clean. We highly recommend Zacosta if you plan to visit Rhodes Town, we truly cannot find a negative point to add.

• Stayed: May 2011