The excellent rating is well deserved and everything you have read about John and the facility was borne out during our short two night stay. He responded immediately to an email about how to find reach the villa hotel, we contacted him from the taxi, he guided the driver how to maneuver through the narrow lanes of the medieval town, met us at the taxi at the clock tower with a hand cart, toted our bags through the narrow cobblestone alley, openned the door leading us into the beautiful courtyard and up to our second story room. The room was exactly as in all the pictures, the frig was loaded with bottles of water, and John laid out a map of the old town pointing out the major attractions and answered our questions about restaurants with live Greek music. He had unlimited patience and a cheerful attitude and made us feel we were honored guests. As we subsequently discovered the hotel is in a great location for leisurely exploring the sites in old town. The breakfast in the patio was one of the highlights of this visit, so relaxed, and table loaded with local specialities. We particularly enjoyed the Greek yogurt and John showed us on the map where the local grocery store in the old city was located and said if we couldn't find it he would go himself. We found it and bought a few cartons to bring home with us.
Initially we had thought about a full board stay at one of the hotels along the coast, but changed our mind and opted for an inexpensive charter flight and an upscale stay at Zacosta in the old city. We were very happy we did so. On first night we ate at Romeo's where there was live Greek music. It was about leisurely ten minute walk from the hotel. The second night we ate at Symposium which even closer to the hotel. My wife had Sea Bass cooked in Salt and she enjoyed it very much.
John told us that he would be increasing the size of the villa hotel from three to five rooms soon and even increasing the size of the room we stayed in. We thought it was fine, but it could really use a bit more space. The only thing my wife didn't like were the narrow wooden stairs leading up to the second floor rooms.
If we come back to the old city of Rhodes again for a break we would certainly stay here again. We can also highly recommend it if you are just passing through for a single night, as some of the guests we meet at breakfast said they were.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small Villa Hotel consisiting of one suite and two rooms with a graphic courtyard, set in a quiet neighbourhood of the Medieval City. A charming establishment where the traditional has been blended with the luxurious. This together with the unique atmosphere of the Medieval City will make your stay a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Zacosta Villa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zacosta Hotel Rhodes Town
- Zacosta Villa Hotel Rhodes/Rhodes Town