“good position , excellent service”

Atlantis City Hotel
Ranked #48 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Reviewed 30 July 2012

i was at Atlantis city hotel in July with my wife and my daughter . the room was cleaned every day , breakfast was good . the staff was very polite. It has a good position , 10 min from the sea and 5 min to the center of the city . Medieval town is 5 min away . high speed internet was free even in the room . We passed great holidays in Rhodes

Room Tip: higher floors and beach side are better
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I would be glad to write the critique AFTER my visit to the hotel, but unfortunately the reservations manager didn't allow me to...I had a reservation made a month ago for the 23rd of July (one night only) and the receptionist called me today (three days earlier) to inform me that my reservation was cancelled, for REASONS UNKNOWN!!!!! Ok, this is at least ridicullus, they could simply tell me that someone else booked in for more nights and they dropped my reservation. That much for hospitality and professionalism....

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Nati k
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We stayed for 2 weeks in late June/July in the Atlantis City hotel and thought it was very good. Location was great for the beach (there is no pool at the hotel) and the old town and new town. Plenty of restaurants, tavernas and bars very close to choose from. In fact Nikos fish taverna is right opposite and very good. Plenty of places to eat in the old town but they tend to be slightly more expensive.
Rooms very clean, with towels changed every day. Breakfast very good with plenty of hot and cold food to choose from. All hotel staff very friendly. Mos and Keriacus (spelling wrong I know!!) on reception were both extremely helpful.
Would recommend this hotel,. Only draw back are the few steps into the hotel for people who are not so able.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tina561
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We stayed in Atlantis City Hotel for 2 days in July 2012. Hotel staff were friendly (especially Mos from reception), rooms were very clean and breakfast was good. They even started breakfast for us half-hour earlier. Hotel is very close to old town and new town (10 min walking distince) Beaches are very close. Hotel is in quiet street but very close to good restaurants, taverns and shops. We recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to stay in affordable best hotel in Rhodes.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank OrkideS
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Staff excellent,especially reception staff and very accomodating cleaner.
Room adequate for needs and breakfast included in price was hot,tasty but slighty limited in choice.
Only very minor gripe is that being based just above reception,i found it quite hard to drop off to sleep some nights,due to tiled floor in reception,and the constant traffic of people coming and going at times it was loud.
Good location for Rhodes old town,and great traffic links!!
Advise booking taxi from airport due to it's location,as the roads surrounding it are quite narrow and coach transportation from airport,won't access the hotel so you have quite a walk in front of you,and not adviseable with luggage.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 2nd floor upwards,it'll probably limit the noise from reception at night. And...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My wife and I stayed 7 nights in May. Booked Rhodes City as a base to get around the island by bus - we're not into lying on a beach.
Had a room on the 4th floor overlooking the fish restaurant. Comfortable bed, safe in the wardrobe, and en-suite bathroom. Room OK but we didn't spent much time in it. Some noise from adjoining room but never stopped us sleeping.Little noise from the street. Room had a balcony but quite small with view over rooftops albeit you could see the sea.
Reception staff helpful and friendly. Breakfast bar is in the basement with usual choice of teas/coffee, hot food, salads, bread, plain yoghurt, cereals, etc - not the greatest of choices but certainly enough variety and plenty to eat.
Good location for bars/restaurant. Greeters at the two restaurants opposite are very nice - we would usually chat to them daily (it was hotter in UK at the time).
Bus stations are about 10 minute walk away, although buses for the west side of the island stop nearby.
We got a transfer coach from the airport, had to wait ages for it to fill up. Also we were picked up 4 hours before the return flight. Far more convenient and less costly to get the bus. Every bus on the west side calls in at the airport.
I would consider stopping again when we go back to Rhodes.

Room Tip: Fourth floor may be less noisy and at least you might get a partial seaview
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mickfirman
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I arrived at the the hotel very late in the night, when I arrived in our room, I was looking around for a Welcome Pack or just a list of 'Do's and Dont's, helpful tips etc, would have been helpful, but there wasnt any. I will say we had a few other issues, which were sorted out very quickly. Breakfast selection was good, but a variery of fruits would have been nice. I stayed for 7 days, and on the two last days there was SLICED apples and SLICED bananas, usually only water melon was served. Things I would have preferred to be diferrent would be a Bigger fridge, a bigger lift, and a bathroom door that closed tightly. Moz on reception was very helpful when we needed info about Rhodes and the Trips we were planning. I would definately recommend this hotel. The location is just what we needed, MR / England

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family