“Tired but functioning hotel in a great location,”
Review of Achillion Hotel

Achillion Hotel
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Achillion Hotel
I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights early August. The hotel is located on an elegant location, where you can view the north and the south beach at the same time. Area is very green and relaxing. I arrived to the hotel around 8pm. I waited at the front desk where there was nobody. After some time I got into the cafe that is connected to the hotel and asked a staff. The staff told me that I was not on the list of expected guests. After calling the hotel manager, it was figured out that, my web booking was not processed by the manager. Then I was placed in a room that is available. Thinking that I am going to stay in that room for 3 days. I emptied out my luggage. The next day around noon, I was told to move to a room on the sixth floor. I had to repack and everything. On the day I am leaving, similar thing happened to another guest. My room was at the sixth floor where I had to carry my luggage up after haveng to get of from the elevator from the fifth floor. The room is fine, though the bathroom is small. The balcony is big and has a nice view. The rust on the metal reflects how tired the building is. There is only one English channel on TV and there is almost no wifi reception at the sixth floor. The breakfast is ok, served at the beautiful Finn Cafe.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 24 July 2013

This hotel is an absolute discrace dont waste your money. We fled as soon as we arrived meaning we had to fork out more money for alternative accommodation. The hotels website is extreamley misleading. I am no way a snob but this place has not been referbished since 1960! Is in a run down area of the new town, surrounding buildings are falling down with graffiti everywhere. Does not feels a safe area to stay. The rooms are small dark and depressing and balconeys are falling off. It runied our holiday dont let it ruin yours.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank The3Stooges
Reviewed 16 July 2013

we stayed 3 nights at this hotel, there was so much noise we couldn't sleep at night even we were at 6th floor. At 6th floor rooms were very untidy. balcony was a mess. rooms are not clean but unlikely the receptionist lady was so kind and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank gorki222
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Having booked an apartment in advanced, we arrived at the hotel finding nobody there..The hotel looked really old and dark, badly furbished, and nothing like their website picturew..After a while a builder ( only guessing here..)who only spoke greek turned up and started making phonecalls. After about 10 minutes he got hold of the manager on the phone, and the manager told us that our apartment was booked by someone else..He would give us a studio instead and also we could have free breakfast for our whole stay. He told us he was very busy, but would come to the hotel in the evening. Beeing tired after a long journey, we decided to take a look at the studio.The builder followed us up to the top floor and showed us two small studios, we could choose the one we liked best! They were both really small, poorly furbished and had a strange mouldy smell! Nothing like the pictures we had seen on the website of the booking agency. Probably the worst studios I have ever seen ! We checked the hotelwebsite and discovered that they had larger apartments than the one we originally booked available, then tried to contact the manager who did not answer his phone..We then contacted our booking agency who gave us another hotel. The booking agency told us that they also had tried to get in touch with manager, trying to get him to give us a better offer, but he still didn't answer his phone..I would never book this hotel again!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Gimegsol
Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

As some of the previous reviewers have stated, this isn't a new hotel with brand new features. However, for the price, I didn't think it was too bad. If you're going to spend many days at the beach, the hotel is maybe a 5 minute walk. The rooms themselves were ok. A bit dark in the main room, but the bedroom was well lit. If you leave the doors open at night, prepare for what sounds like hurricane force winds. I had to fashion a hook with a clothes hanger to keep the door from banging all night long. The cafe downstairs has a good breakfast and some good pastries. The hotel is also near many restaurants and bars, though there seems to be 4 restaurants on every corner in Rhodes.

I'd stay here again if I ever come back to Rhodes.

• Stayed: September 2012
6  Thank KimchiEater
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed there for 11 days, I was a little petrified about the previous comments, but all of them are lie. When we reached the hotel, the owner of the hotel Panu( not sure how to spell the name) was welcoming us with a big smile. He showed us our room which was clean and a good size. And I had a balcony with a sea view- I loved it! On the ground floor they have Finn Cafe, I understood that cafe is one of the favourites for locals or people who were staying at the different hotels and I am not surprised, their pastries and friendly staff were amazing.
Hotel is Located in Rhodes Town- I think the location was perfect, 2 min away from the two beaches and attractions, 10 min slow walk to the Old Town and port so it was amazing, I could not ask for anything more. Also, if we did not know where to go and see, the owner would be very happy to assist us and suggest many things where to go and see. I will definitely recommend this hotel as it is good for money, place, atmosphere and everything else I have not mention, really really nice, I liked))) oh and I completely forgot to mention- I slept there very good( and I am a light sleeper)

Room Tip: Room with the sea view( not sure how the rooms look without the view)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EgiGii
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Great place, great location! 2 beaches nearby, both of them literally a 3 minute walk away, one on the east coast and one on the west. The room was a good size, it was clean (cleaners came every morning), had sea views and a decent size balcony and a kitchenette with 2 hobs, pans and cutlery/crockery. On arrival there was a bowl with fruit and a bottle of local red wine waiting for us in the room.
Breakfast was included, we had coffee, juice, ham, cheese, tomato, eggs, bread and pastries every morning. The café on the ground floor is very nice and they have free WiFi.
The atmosphere of the hotel is very much like the attitude of Rhodes island, very laid back and relaxed, perfect for a stress free holiday. The staff were very helpful and tried their best to cater for our needs, going above and beyond their duty to help.
So it may not be a shinning brand new hotel with avant-garde facilities, but it's well worth the price. I'd definitely come back.

Room Tip: Sea view, definitely! There's nothing like the sound of the surf in the background to sleep like...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple