“Best choice ever!”
Review of Achillion Hotel

Achillion Hotel
Reviewed 3 July 2014

To tell the truth, I wasn't sure about my choice after reading the "terrible" and "poor" reviews about this hotel. First of all, the location is great: In the center of the town, but in a VERY quiet area. Moreover, due to the fact that it is built on the northern edge of the island-literally on a cape-it offers access(2 minutes walk)to two different beaches:You can choose either a wavy or a quiet one. Also,the area seems to be windy 24/7: This offered me extra comfort, because I didn't feel the heatwave that was striking the island during my stay.
The rooms are very clean and tidy. Matresses, sheets and towels are new. Doors and windows seem to be old and "tired", but I didn't care at all.
Very friendly and caring staff, specially Socrates, the owner and Anna, the lovely receptionist.
Overall, a great choice: Not a luxurious one, but very clean and comfortable, and, above all with a staff of remarkably polite and helping manners.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank alexike

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was fortunate enough to stay here for a few months during the Winter two years ago.Having been World wide travel Agent for 27 years I have seen and stayed in all manner of hotels at all ends of the spectrum worldwide.This Hotel is perfect.Great location in the square of hundred Palms set slightly away from the noise of the Town with beaches on both sides 1 minute walk.Friendly,nice and comfortable hotel.Great base for exploring the island.Would recommend highly to solo,couples and families.Absolutely great little coffee shop downstairs with Free wifi. Great for any time of year.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony facing west for the sun.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The hotel is close to the beach (right across the road) and it literally takes minutes to walk to the city centrum.
The beach which the hotel is close to is the best side because the other side of the beach is usually very windy with a lot of waves.
It’s located in a side street and with such a distance from the bar street that the noise of the people, bars and traffic is non-existence.
The breakfast is served in the café which is located on the side of the hotel and is also very popular with the locals. When you came to breakfast, you choose a table and they would bring you a tray with coffee, juice, fresh bread, ham, cheese, jam, butter, egg, vegetables and a cake.
The room was big and fully equipped with a usable kitchen. The bathroom was a little small, but that’s all I have to complaint about. The rooms were neat and clean, and the housemaids cleaned them every day. They also changed the bedding and the towels.
The staff was service oriented and helpful. You really feel that they tried to make your stay as enjoyable and nice as they possibly could.
When we stayed the hotel there were mostly families and couples.
Overall a nice and clean hotel, with great staff, good café (open until 23) and in a perfect location.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sttgv
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Achillion Hotel
I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights early August. The hotel is located on an elegant location, where you can view the north and the south beach at the same time. Area is very green and relaxing. I arrived to the hotel around 8pm. I waited at the front desk where there was nobody. After some time I got into the cafe that is connected to the hotel and asked a staff. The staff told me that I was not on the list of expected guests. After calling the hotel manager, it was figured out that, my web booking was not processed by the manager. Then I was placed in a room that is available. Thinking that I am going to stay in that room for 3 days. I emptied out my luggage. The next day around noon, I was told to move to a room on the sixth floor. I had to repack and everything. On the day I am leaving, similar thing happened to another guest. My room was at the sixth floor where I had to carry my luggage up after haveng to get of from the elevator from the fifth floor. The room is fine, though the bathroom is small. The balcony is big and has a nice view. The rust on the metal reflects how tired the building is. There is only one English channel on TV and there is almost no wifi reception at the sixth floor. The breakfast is ok, served at the beautiful Finn Cafe.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This hotel is an absolute discrace dont waste your money. We fled as soon as we arrived meaning we had to fork out more money for alternative accommodation. The hotels website is extreamley misleading. I am no way a snob but this place has not been referbished since 1960! Is in a run down area of the new town, surrounding buildings are falling down with graffiti everywhere. Does not feels a safe area to stay. The rooms are small dark and depressing and balconeys are falling off. It runied our holiday dont let it ruin yours.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank The3Stooges
Reviewed 16 July 2013

we stayed 3 nights at this hotel, there was so much noise we couldn't sleep at night even we were at 6th floor. At 6th floor rooms were very untidy. balcony was a mess. rooms are not clean but unlikely the receptionist lady was so kind and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank gorki222
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Having booked an apartment in advanced, we arrived at the hotel finding nobody there..The hotel looked really old and dark, badly furbished, and nothing like their website picturew..After a while a builder ( only guessing here..)who only spoke greek turned up and started making phonecalls. After about 10 minutes he got hold of the manager on the phone, and the manager told us that our apartment was booked by someone else..He would give us a studio instead and also we could have free breakfast for our whole stay. He told us he was very busy, but would come to the hotel in the evening. Beeing tired after a long journey, we decided to take a look at the studio.The builder followed us up to the top floor and showed us two small studios, we could choose the one we liked best! They were both really small, poorly furbished and had a strange mouldy smell! Nothing like the pictures we had seen on the website of the booking agency. Probably the worst studios I have ever seen ! We checked the hotelwebsite and discovered that they had larger apartments than the one we originally booked available, then tried to contact the manager who did not answer his phone..We then contacted our booking agency who gave us another hotel. The booking agency told us that they also had tried to get in touch with manager, trying to get him to give us a better offer, but he still didn't answer his phone..I would never book this hotel again!

• Stayed: May 2013