“Wonderful Rhodes & Klimt”
Review of Klimt Guest House

Klimt Guest House
Ranked #34 of 53 Rhodes Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 May 2014

A lovely place from which to enjoy exploring the Old Town. Great hospitality from Jutta. The rooms are very clean and the beds are very comfortable. The breakfasts and her apple strudel are wonderful. Worth contacting her to arrange a pick up from the airport if you are arriving late at night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank citywalls

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband and i stayed last week, and it was an amazing experience. If you need any help, please reach out to their email in advance. They helped us by booking a car to meet us at the airport and take us all the way to the hotel. They also helped us get a better deal on a rental car than the one we had found online.

Breakfast was delicious. Branch out and ask for a more traditional European breakfast. They make everything fresh from the bread to the amazing dips that they provide. The host was great. He was available when we had questions, but allowed us to set our own timelines and keep to ourselves.

The room was great with a full bath, comfy beds, and heat and air conditioning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amzluvs2run
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Друзья, я хочу предложить Вам авторизованный перевод моего отзыва с русского языка на английский. Дело в том, что перевод, который предлагает Гугл переводчик привёл меня состояние нездорового транса. Мне бы хотелось, чтобы англоязычная публика могла воспринять моё впечатление как можно более верно. Кстати, мне не нужно за это никакого карьерного продвижения в вашей системе. Я это делаю просто из-за любви к искусству туризма и большого уважения и симпатии к Вам. Ваш Александр Волгин.

"Rhodes, I love you!"

I’ve already described on Tripadvisor my stay at the wonderful Rodos Palladium hotel. Since this hotel is just 20 minutes away by bus from the capital of the island, which is also named Rhodes, I went there few times during my two weeks stay in Greece.
One day, while walking through the amazingly beautiful and impressive medieval streets of the old town, I stopped at one of the cafes to have a glass of beer. I had a conversation with the staff and found out that it’s not only a cafeteria and snack-bar in the Viennese style, but a quite luxurious guest house. The name of establishment was, as it should be, also in a truly elegant and sleek Viennese style – KLIMT. The surname of the beloved and adored Austrian artist Gustav Klimt, one of the biggest representatives of Art Nouveau, was here in the heart of the old medieval town of Rhodes! It was intriguing. A plan came to me at lightning speed. I decided to spend the night in the guest house. I wanted to experience the living history and atmosphere of the Middle Ages right here, inside the walls of the building, which, as it turned out, was about 770 years old, meaning that it was built in the 13th century.
I put my idea into practice. Therefore, I can quite objective share my impressions.
Klimt Guest House is situated in the heart of the old medieval town of Rhodes at 32-34 Agiou Fanouriou. Looking down from Google maps doesn’t give you the same sensation that you can feel inside. It is a wonderful and very picturesque street named after the very revered Great Martyr St. Phanourios (who, by the way, helps people find things that they have lost). The outside of Klimt Guest House appears as if it were an ordinary medieval house, but the inside is very modern and well-equipped, with superbly designed interiors, and filled with the special charm of a European hotel.
Of course, all this would be an incomparable warehouse of very beautiful things, if not for the hostess of the house, Jutta. Jutta is just an amazing woman: well-educated, able to keep up with any topic, very proper, hospitable, and runs her establishment at the highest level. Bogdan, an employee, provided me with great memories. Conversations with him were very valuable to me in terms of information. He is a very educated and very sincere person. I also like another member of the team, who, by the way, simply stole my heart. And he did so without any money. This is an amazing dog named Max. I was pleased to tell my new friends that Max absolutely understands my native language: Russian. When I was walking with Maxie in the old town, many people, both adults and children, greeted this charming dog by name. It seems as if my heart was not the only one Max has stolen…
Rhodes is an amazing town. Communicating with it is just like dealing with a very interesting and informed person who remembers deepest depths of history and enthralls you their amazing and unique conversation. Of course, if you want to understand it closer, a lot more time must be spent here - it's worth it. I skipped a night at the hotel which I had booked a two week stay in, but I gained a much better experience: taking a walk in the deserted streets at night, taking in the modest charm of the Middle Ages and spending the night in the heart of the old town at Klimt Guest House. I highly recommended it, and not only for one night. Simply relying on my experience you can plan everything in advance.
My vacation has finished and I am back to work, but in the gray monotony of working life will shine bright memories, warming and illuminating the soul with the distant reflection of the legendary rays of the Colossus of Rhodes. The memories of millenniums past have beautifully entered my life and turned reality into a fairy tale. Rhodes, I love you!
Volgin Alexander, Tomsk, Russia

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

It was amazing experience to stay in Klimt Guest House, beautiful room, simply decorated, with all modern amenities and spotless. Jutta the owner and the staff provided us with a unique experience of hospitality, the delicious Viennese breakfast and everything else we ate was perfect. When you go ask to try the liqueur Apricot is amazing. Of course Max the dog and master the city of Rhodes and his company gave us many moments of fun. The location is quiet and most important in the old town of Rhodes. Highly recommended, great place to stay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We have been to Rhodes from June 25 to July 2 to Klimt Guesthouse.
Wonderful place and location in the old town supported by the kind owner JUTTA that there has pampered for the whole holiday wiith full attention from breakfast to room reorganization and daily change of linen Great night with a dinner with special onion soup very elaborate with crostino bread and a fabulous goulash and finally an exceptionall mousse for me and an excellent strudel for my wife. In the morning was concerned to take us for breakfast also straordinary greek yogurt with honey. Thanks Jutta and best wishes for your B & B - Viennese café in rodi - 32/34 Agio fanouripous street.
Sincerely Umberto & Morena

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Just spent a night at this wonderful boutique hotel. The old place is a superbly renovated and sits in the middle of quiet area in the fortified old town. Jutta the Viennese owner has definitely stamped her own mark on the place, with memories of Klimt on every wall. All fittings and decoration are top quality.
Star attraction was Max, Jutta's companion, greeted us warmly when we arrived and was on our beck and call. He also took us on tour of the old town, showing us his favourite places, was greeted by many of the shopkeepers and even got himself a free meal at Zizi' s (we paid of course). Finally he showed us the way back to the hotel through the convoluted maze of streets and pathways. He and his girlfriend joined us for tea & cake in the afternoon while helping to clear the dishes after breakfast next day. Thanks Max, my 4 legged friend!

Room Tip: All rooms look great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2013

As I sit here waiting my transportation away from here I know I will miss old town, Jutta and Max not necessarily in that order. The season is just starting so I was the only guest for two nights. The first breakfast included fanouropita, the cake for the saint with Jutta's special touch, yogurt with pumpkin oil and pumpkin seeds. What you have never heard of st fanourious? Well Jutta will help you with that problem. Then wherever you want to go Max will escort you. Even into the vesper service at st fanourios church down the street. 13th century. Very intriguing story. Clean, quiet, great shower. What else do you need. Jutta and Max are both wonderful hosts. And you will probably learn something you never knew before.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo