“Greek with a Twist!”

Aspro Piato Ex Anatolis
Ranked #120 of 453 Restaurants in Rhodes Town
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2012

An excellent restaurant with friendly service open all year inexpensive and offers the best in Greek Food with a twist! Creative and imaginative and on the many visits I've made over the last couple of years, never a disapointment.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

i ve stayed for two weeks in rhodes, and this is the only place i would recommend without any doubt. great fresh tasty moussaka, soft and juicy lamb chops, passionate desserts and impeccable service, all stressed by a smooth and tasteful live music that get you in a real joyful greek atmosphere. Prices more than honest.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Nice restaurant with very good decor. The service is good when it is not full or else you need to have some patience. The salad is great and the starters is quite nice if you compare it with other restaurant in old town. The pork fillet i had was good but nothing special.Overall nice place for something usuall.

1  Thank Lazaros K
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We have revisited also this year this lovely restaurant in new Rhodes. Forget about all those turist traps and definitly eat at this modern-greek restaurant. They have also added some new dishes which we have tried and loved completly.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

This place was recommended by the owner of the hotel where I was staying. As soon as I arrived to town fresh and hungry :) I asked for a decent place for lunch. He gave a couple of names and luckily Aspro Piato was the one open at lunch time and our "relationship" started :)

The restaurant looks good and classy, it is usually crowded but not overly crowded which is nice. Unfortunately the service becomes considerably slower and less attentive once more tables fill in.

My first lunch was simple and delicious: Greek salad and moussaka, moussaka was fresh from the oven and oh boy it tasted so good! The waiter was very prompt, smiley and pleasant. When I ordered coffee in the end It was on the house which was a nice touch.

The next day I was thinking about delicious dinner and my feet just led me to Aspro Piato again. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had live music - some Greek and Italian songs, the terrace looked very inviting and again lively but not over crowded. I wanted to try more things :) and thus opted for three hot starters instead of main dish. The waiter made some recommendations. The aubergine baked with feta cheese was divine, also I had one plate of mushrooms with cheese and a plate of kebabs, both were fine but I would not repeat them. The wine was good, the service good, the atmosphere perfect and beautiful. I was totally satisfied though the bill came in quite high and I noticed that this time they charged every single item, even the coffee.

In the meantime I had some other meals on Rhodes and though generally satisfied I wanted to go back to Aspro Piato again.
So, my last day I went for lunch before departure. It was Sunday, the restaurant was pretty crowded and I honestly did not feel very welcome - the head waiter was a bit stern. Nevertheless, I had a fantastic dish - Chios chicken and the Greek salad again. The chicken was really really delicious and I did not mind the small mishaps with service. I finally had to go to the bar to pay my bill as noone was attending any more... but well, the food and general atmosphere was definitely worth it.

When I am back on Rhodes, I will eat there again :).

1  Thank anchi100