“Nice place to sit and contemplate”
Review of Kalavarda Beach

Ranked #30 of 108 things to do in Rhodes Town
Kent UK
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice place to sit and contemplate”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We have been travelling to Rhodes for the past 23 years and have many dear (Greek) friends from the nearby village of Kalavarda. I use the name 'Kalavarda' for all my reviews. This beach, I believed, was a secret known unto me and three others! However over the past years it has been discovered by Kite Surfers and they are now busy on this beach. There is plenty of room for sunbathers and seabathers as well, but for me, I liked it when it was just for me and the other three people. It is a nice place to be, away from the bustle of the resorts and as it is well down the west side of the island, only those on the island tour buses call in and they go to the Sea House Taverna which overlooks the bay and maybe take a stroll along the beach. Well worth a visit and to sit on the veranda of the Sea House and soak up the atmosphere and sink a Mythos beer, or two. Best get there by car or moped as it is quite a bus ride from Rhodes town area.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Kalavarda

• Greek first
  • Serbian first
Lymington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Quiet local beach”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Kite surfing action but a sheltered area to swim, nice taverna close by with good food. Off the beaten track, few tourists other than the kite surfers

Visited July 2012