“Excellent setting in very historic city, excellent food.”
Review of Romeo Restaurant

Romeo Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 429 Restaurants in Rhodes Town
Price range: US$7 - US$111
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: It's old stone building with traditional shutters gives you a feel of ancient times. It's lush greenery and flower flowing from wall to wall, our ivy hanging from above will help you keep cool and refreshed while dining. Our cuisine with a large range of dishes from popular Greek specialities, spaghetti dishes, fresh meat cooked on charcoal for that flame taste
Manchester, UK
“Excellent setting in very historic city, excellent food.”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We had a party here and booked a table on the first floor where it is much quieter, Before booking the venue I did have a chance to look around and was given a tour of the kitchen and the whole place. It is very clean. The food was excellent and even though I am a vegetarian,
there was a great variety of things I could eat. We had chosen a Greek set menu and there is so much food, you will spoilt for choice. To add to the atmosphere there was also live music. The waiters and staff were all very friendly and polite. If you have a large party it is best to negotiate with the manager beforehand and I think he gave excellent value for money. Would come again.

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Lovely restaurant, average food”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We had a late lunch here whilst strolling through the Old Town.
We got a nice table in the shade of a tree and looked forward to a decent lunch.
Prices were much higher than in Ixia, presumably you pay for the historic location.
The tuna salad was mainly lettuce and wasn't worth the 7.90 euros. We had much much better salads elsewhere for 5 or 6 euros.
Service was reasonable but a little slow and our two meals arrived around 5 minutes apart, the salad appearing after my hot meal.
I wouldn't go again.

Austin, Texas, United States
“Great emergency lunch”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

OK, here's the story: We had to come back through Rhodes on our way home from Symi and had a little time to kill just before we flew to Athens. We were roaming around the (now familiar) old town. My wife, Annie, said we needed to eat soon and requested someplace "off the beaten path." I agreed but before eating, I wanted to get a certain pic in the Jewish quarter, so I dragged my hungry (protesting) wife over to the location I wanted to shoot. I only needed a minute to get my shot but, when I turned around, she was gone. I looked around for a while but she was nowhere to be found. I searched up and down the streets we had been on and finally figured that she must have headed back toward the hotel (Nikis - nice - see other review) because that was where we would be getting a ride to the airport from. Almost at the hotel, I passed Romeos, which I had passed without stopping many times before. The woman at the restaurant's entrance was always amused at how many times I passed that place and this time, I decided to stop there and eat, getting myself situated at a table overlooking the path that Annie would have to take to get back to the hotel and our ride. Turned out to be very good food for a reasonable price. I have no idea what I ordered (some fish dish I think) but I remember being impressed with the quality and quickness of the service. When Annie finally showed up, it was now 20 minutes later. I had finished my lunch and all Annie had had was a gelato while she fumed along the way. See, she had been in a store right by where I was taking the picture but I never saw her (my bad, I guess). So now she is starved and nervous that we will miss our ride so I try to calm her down, order Annie another plate of whatever it was that I had had, and left her there while I hightailed it up to the hotel to tell our ride that we would be a few minutes late. They, of course assured me that it would be no problem. Annie's food also came quickly and was equally delicious so I was saved (at least for a while) from further punishment.

Visited May 2013
Doncaster
“A bustling experience”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We tried Romeo again this year and found it as busy as always. The service slipped a bit, probably because of this but the atmosphere was very lively and appropriate for a holiday night out. The food was very good too. we shared a village mushrooms and had a Farmers Pork and a Vlachos Plate. Both tasty and filling. The red wine was palatable and reasonably priced at 15e. We were also pleased with our complimentary pannacotta. we will no doubt be going back at least once next year.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Outstanding Greek Lunch, Great Value”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Based on prior reviews, we searched out this restaurant during our cruise stop in Rhodes. We were thrilled with the menu, the hummus, the tzatziki sause, the plentiful food and the wonderful service. Do yourself a favor and find this place if you are in Rhodes.

• Visited August 2013