“A good family run hotel”
Review of Anita Apart Hotel

Anita Apart Hotel
Ranked #29 of 53 Rhodes Town B&B and Inns
“A good family run hotel”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We have just returned from an 11 night self catering break in these apartments. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable with a daily maid service. Our room was south facing and so benefitted from sun from breakfast to sunset. The regular bus service into Rhodes town from right outside the property makes the journey very easy and takes you right into the heart of the old/new town and very reasonable at 2.20 Eur each way. if you are eating in there is a supermarket by the bus stop or Carrefour 5 mins walk away. The best eating places are in Tiranda which is 15 mins walk via the beach front route. The selection there is very wide. I would recommend Greekland for good food, value for money and entertainment but there are many others.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GarryAmbrose

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed in a self catering apartment and were made to feel very welcome by the owners. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The rooms were cleaned daily, towels changed every 2 days and the swimming pool was kept very clean. There were many local bars and restaurants near also a bus route to Rhodes with frequent buses. This was such a relaxing holiday , we will definitely go there again.

Room Tip: If you need more space book a family room although we found the double room more than adequate
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen_5410
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great apartments if you are looking for a value for money holiday. A warm welcome awaits you from the lovely Anita and the rest of the staff here, who could not do enough to help us from the moment we arrived until we checked out. Seriously, nothing is too much trouble for the staff here. Whatever questions we had, whether it was to arrange air con/safety deposit box, etc or advice on getting into Rhodes Town, they were helpful and friendly at all times. Our room was massive, easily the biggest s/c apartment we have stayed in anytime previously when visiting Greece and was finished to a high quality. Big comfy beds with (unusually for a s/c apt in Greece) big fluffy pillows ! A power shower ( hand - held naturally) and complimentary beach towels provided some nice finishing touches. The hotel bar sold very reasonably priced drinks, (2.20 euros for a Mythos, 2.50 euros for a Barcadi Breezer) and the service was always delivered with a smile. The pool area was very quiet, no music whatsoever, making it the perfect place to relax. In fact it was so quiet, that there was never a rush for sunbeds like at some places you visit as they were so plentiful. It has to be said however, there was quite a large number of wasps who also used the pool on a daily basis during our stay. To be fair, they never wanted your sunbed and seemed only to be interested in using the pool. Due to the nice Rhodes temperatures though, the wasps seemed quite lethargic and never bothered you, but I wanted to mention them in case you have a jittery 'other half', as I have, who found it difficult to relax with the wasps at the pool sometimes, without the aid of a couple of bottles of Mythos - after which she was fine. I must stress, we nevermentioned the wasps to the management as I don't think there is anything they could've done. Overall, a great, relaxing base for a holiday in Ixia, even though these apartments are probably closer to Ialysos.
Some interesting numbers to end our review with ;
25 - Minutes walk into Ixia.
2.20 - Euros for a bus ticket into Rhodes Town - one way.
Nil - Number of mosquito bites received in a week.
2.50 - Euros, cheapest price charged for a pint of Mythos (The Lunar Bar).
15 - Minutes walk into Ialysos.
90 - Seconds. The average time it takes you to cross the main road outside the hotel.
32 - degrees. The average temperature during our visit.
Nil - Number of clouds seen during our week in Rhodes.
7 - Number of fantastically welcome breezy days in a week which stopped you from melting.
35 - Euros. The average price of a 2 course meal, for 2 people with a couple of drinks.
90 - per cent. The chance of us going back here next year.

Room Tip: Our room had a pool view and was on the second floor meaning the sun didn't bake the room all da...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Aphr0dite7
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed 14 August for two weeks five adults one child, we had stayed in trianda so knew the area, but this is 10 mins to trianda or ixia 5 from beach. Working full time I like to get away from the main stream holidays and look for a quiet and slow pace of life, this was it.
No racing for sun beds at stupid times in a morning, no loud music and a lovely bar area and lovely hotel owners. 1 bedroom apartments lovely and spacious. You must go to the bikini bar on the sea front day or night you are made to feel special, cocktails are lovely, cava tango bar is also pretty.
Whispers taverna over the road lovely to eat in. Rhodes bus right outside 2 euros 20, love it went on a number of nights. Lindos by boat in the harbour cost 25 euros an adult 10 euros a child.
FBI bar/glory days in ixia lovely sports bar and great service. Recommend la Serra in trianda lovely food. These are value you for money and not 5 star, but I wouldn't hesitate to go back, only one thing is there are steps to all accommodation so not good if poor on your feet and no lift.
But still brill place to chill and unwind.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Nicholls123
County Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

If you want four star apartments and great friendly service this is the place for you. From the staff/owners they are greatget to know them from the Doctor! To the late bar staff they are very helpful and courteous ask for anything and they will help. Some reviewers want four star hotels service this is a very comfortable four star apartment/hotel with daily cleaners and great Greek manners I love it kids loved it and I will come back

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Davyh167
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We arrived at the hotel to be greeted by an elderly gentleman who seemed polite enough although he did not push himself to be smiley and friendly. The first thing that must be noted about the hotel is that there are no lift facilities. I was grateful that I had my boyfriend with me to help carry the suitcases to our apartment because we were on the top floor. The room was very basic but suited our needs and for two people a studio is more than big enough. Everything was in working order and we had also been given cooking untensils and crockery, although after speaking to other guests I think we were just lucky. We made a firm decision to get air-conditioning from the moment we got off the plane and felt the intense heat of Rhodes (It stays very hot at night). When we asked the man about weekly prices for air-conditioning he would not give us this what we thought would be a simple breakdown. Instead he did some working out on the calculator and charged us 125 Euros. We found it quite strange and thought that he would know set prices however after speaking to other couples/families we realised that they were charging different prices. One family were charged 55 Euros for their weeks stay, another lady who came with two young daughers was quoted 30 euros a day? And so could not afford this extortionate price. We stupidly decided not to question our pricing because as you will read in my review, we didnt want to upset the grumpy owners anymore than we already did.
The first day round the pool we noticed that there were plenty beds to choose from all with plenty room and umbrellas, they weren't the comfiest but served purpose. It probably took us a few minutes to realise the pool sitiuation which I think needs to be addressed, all around the white gridded area were a type of wasp, the only time we noticed them leave was dusk and they were back there by 9am. This meant we could not relax properly in the pool without a fear of being stung, so no sittingon the edge and dipping your feet in on lazing on the lylo. We noticed one particular grassy area where there must of been a wasps nest and also under one of the umbrellas which was pretty shocking. I never once saw the staff trying to fix the situation.
The bar prices are pretty pricey, for a small 330ml bottle of coke/lemonade/fanta etc it was 3 Euros and a Vodka & Coke 4 Euros so we quite often went to the Supermarket which is right behind the apartments and very reasonable. Because it was a self-catering apartment we thought that it was okay to do this and also the fact that there were no signs saying we could not consume our drinks but on several occasions the elderly man told off families around us and used the excuse "Tax reasons" and when questioned about signs his excuse "I do not want to put signs up". We where very aware of the financial situation that the Greeks are currently facing but if you are providing a surface you should always do your best to keep your guest happy and treat them with respect. One morning I had the sniffles and so after I'd been the guest bathroom I took a couple of paper towels with me, to wipe my nose. As I approached the bar area the elderly gentlemans daughter (who is Anita and apparently running the hotel) stopped me and pointed at the paper towels and had a right go at me. Quite honestly she made me feel like i'd stolen money out of there till they made such a big deal out of it and I feel like a naughty school girl. I told them that if this upset them so much I would put them back. They tried to redeem themselves and explain that they wouldn't be good for my nose but I wasn't really up for having a life lesson on how to blow my nose after at nearly 30 years old being made to feel like I was naughty 3 year old.
This kind of behaviour of the elderly man and his daughter seemed to repeat itself for the whole holiday, they picked on us and another family the whole time. At one point he shouted down at children for playing in the pool and told them to be quiet and on another occasion he told a young girl off for holding her nose under water because this is dangerous...THEY WERE ON HOLIDAY....ITS WHAT KIDS DO!!
Going back to our room, our last 7 days we lived next door a solo guest and don't we know it. There was a door with paper stuffed through the lock separating us and we heard every noise he made, from his vile farting, coughing up his flem, snorting, blowing his nose and this went on from about 5am every morning. We could hardly complain about his bodily fuctions but please me mindful if you have a room with just a locked door separting you. Also the man smoked so we had to stuff a blanket under it as it came through very strong.
Because of the wasp situation by the pool we often found ourselves heading down to the beach (which is all pebbles NOT SAND) It costs 4 Euros for the bed which is probably what they all charged. However...we got talking to a couple one day who told us about the "Bikini Bar" which is about a 5 minute walk down the beach or along the roadside if preferred. It is a stunning modern bar that it beautiful inside. Outside it has a garden area and volleyball pitch that are full of comfy sun loungers band umbrellas and you have the Mediterranean Sea as your view. The sun loungers are free and they bring you unlimted bottled water in an ice bucket. We thought it was only right that we spent at least some money in the bar especially because the service was so polite and lovely, instead of paying the high price of 4 Euros for the beds on the beach.
As you head out the main entrace of the hotel and turn right and walk about 400 meters down the road there is a really decent super marker called Carrafour for all your essentials. If you walk a further 15 minutes down the roadand come to a cross roads with a United Colours of Benetton and turn right you will hit the bustling Ialyssos.
Lalysoss offers a variety of restaraunts to suit all tastes, from exquisite local cuisine to international dishes, including great British food. A selection of bars offer a relaxed vibe. We strongly reccomend Bella Maria for Pizza. The chef makes the pizza in front of you and puts into a real woodburning oven and puts on a great show serving up beuatiful pizzas.
Old town Rhodes is beautiful with an amazing ambience, we went there 4 times, once in the day to sight see and look at the ancient castle ruins and the harbour and in the evening when it just looks beautiful. The bus stop is right outside Anita and is 2.40 Euros single rider (not return) and the last bus is around 12:30 I think.
I cannot forget to mention the restaurants we went to on our first few days before we discovered Lalysoss and visited Old Rhodes town, the first restaraunt being Whispers which is right outside of Anita. The lady who runs it is so friendly and helpfula dn will happily explain the Greek dishes to you, Whispers Stefado was by far the best I had the whole holiday that I had it twice, the Lamb and ribs are also beautiful. We visited "Loco's" the Mexican was also really nice, friendly and delicious food and "Napoli" Pizza and Steakhouse which was also lovely the owner was so friendly. One thing we can say about our trip is that we never had one bad meal from any of the restaraunts, we are a couple that really like our food and eat out a lot at home.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view but without a door separating you as walls and door are paper thin!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Retro-Rach
Anita P, Manager at Anita Apart Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write your opinion about our hotel.
At first, we don’t write in any website that our hotel has lift facilities.
However, if someone needs help with the suitcases, he just tells us and we don’t have any problem to help him.
About the kitchen equipment, we put in all our rooms the same things and if someone breaks something, we replace it.
About the air condition and the safety box, the prices are standard and the same for everybody. For the air condition the price is 60 Euros for 1 week and 125 Euros for 2 weeks.
About the pool area, the wasps or any other small insect are because the hotel is in the countryside. If something bothered you, you could tell us to fix it.
About the prices in the bar, the 250ml bottle of Coke, Lemonade or Orange Fanta etc. costs 2 Euros, not 3 Euros and the drinks cost 3,50 Euros during the Happy Hour and 4 Euros in the night when the Happy Hour stops.
About the paper towels from the guest bathroom, they were not one or two. They were much more and they are for the hands, not for the face. They are not very soft.
About the children that were playing in the pool, it was in the afternoon, quiet hours. The other clients complained to us that they couldn’t relax or sleep, because of the noise in the pool. Also, it is dangerous for everybody, not only for the children, to hold their nose under the water. We have to tell them because we are responsible if something happens.
Finally, the noise and the smell from the room next to yours, you never complained to us or asked us to move you to another room.
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Me with my wife really enjoyed in Anita Apart Hotel. Our apartment was nice and clean.
There is perfect pool , but we have spent time on the sea , it is very close. I have rented car and we traveled around all island. It was funny : in the morning, we swam in the Mediterranean Sea and in the evening in the Aegean .
Personnel of hotel is very polite and ready to help in any matter. I would like to thank the owner hotel and all staff for a wonderfull vacation. ΕΥΧΑΡΙΣΤΩ ΠΟΛΥ ΚΥΡΙΟΣ ΑΝΤΩΝΗΣ.
Next year i am going to spend a holiday in the same hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
#83 of 127 in Rhodes Town
Comfort Hotel
Comfort Hotel
#79 of 127 in Rhodes Town

Been to Anita Apart Hotel? Share your experiences!