“The new gem of the Aegean Islands!”

Atrium Platinum Hotel
Ranked #5 of 127 Hotels in Rhodes Town
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“The new gem of the Aegean Islands!”
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Newly opened luxury hotel and spa of the Atrium chain of resort hotels in Rhodes.
Not completely finished yet , but already in operation. The spa and gymn were not opened yet. There are teething problems like sorting out the WI-FI connection in the rooms, but this is a luxury hotel with a promise. It has one of the most fantastic view overlooking the Aegean Sea. The peebled beach may not be the best in Rhodes, but there is a constant sea breeze on this part of the island, which makes the scorching sun pleasant.
The food was very good (I have to give compliments to the chef and his team). Too good in fact that you don't need to explore the touristic restaurants nearby. The restaurants cater to international taste. There are buffet and ala carte restaurants.
The service from trained staff was excellent. I will come back next year..Definitely!

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
9 Thank gideon2001
AtriumPlatinum, Executive Chef at Atrium Platinum Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2011
Dear valuable Guest,

We were very pleased to read that you had very much enjoyed your stay with us at the Atrium Platinum Luxury Resort Hotel & Spa and thank you for your kind words about the various different aspects of our Resort.

Me personally I would like to thank you especially for mentioning the various choices of dining our Resort offers as well as the high quality of the food!

Thank you once again for recommending us on Trip Advisor and we look forward to be of service in the near future.

Nektarios Iskas
Executive Chef

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Had a very pleasant holiday in Ixia, Greece, all thanks to this gorgoues hotel, very luxurious and comfortable. Friendly staff and excellent service. I shall definitely come back and can recommend it to all family and friends. Loved it!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank jayla001
AtriumPlatinum, Guest Relations Manager at Atrium Platinum Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2011
Dear valuable guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent Atrium Platinum experience.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities of the hotel and look forward to welcome you back in the future. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the team.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

I just returned from a wonderful week at the Atrium Platinum hotel! I came with extra kilos as the roof restaurant and the breakfast are not 5 stars but million stars!

The pool area during the day is very relaxing in contrast to the night that all the shows were taking place, that I am not really fan of it!

All the staff was really polite but we will specially remember Marios, Goran and Maria at the pool restaurant as well as the supervisor of the restaurant Yiannis!

Hope to cu next year!

Trond and Jasmine

• Stayed July 2011
6 Thank Alpiman
AtriumPlatinum, General Manager at Atrium Platinum Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2011
Dear Trond & Jasmine,

We were very happy to read that you had really enjoyed your visit to our Resort and thank you for your kind words about our team members and all our different facilities.

Your comments will be passed on to everyone of the whole Atrium Platinum team. We shall pass on your thanks to those that you have mentioned.

Many thanks for having shared your impressions with the readers of Trip Advisor. We are looking forward to welcome you soon in the not to distant future.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I will try to give you a bit detailed review of what I saw during my visit. Hope you'll find it helpfull. I'm a frequent traveller and I often stay at high quality hotels.

Me and my family stayed here for one week and we came back some days ago. As you might have read the hotel is not completely finnished yet but the main features are running as normal. The SPA centre(looks amazing) are just to be finnished any day now. A couple of boutiques and a hair saloon was also to be completed before we went back home. The gym is running as normal and the whole pool area as well(big and family friendly pool area). All the restaurants are opened as well.

You will see some workers in some places to be honest but it's nothing that disturbs your visit at all and they are told not to make noices when working just to make the visitors feel relaxed when there.

The rooms are really luxurious and top designed. 42 sqm for a hotel room makes you feel relaxed and you can put your stuff away without stumbling on bags and other things. And the sheets....wow! Maybe not many people think about it but the fabric of the sheets are top quality and a great sleep is guaranteed!

The breakfast is generous and very fresh. The restaurants are a bit more expensive than other restaurants outside the hotel but the quality is not to be compared. I can really recommend to start your stay by eating at the pool restaurant before going out to other places just so you can compare the difference.

A tip is to buy your stuff at the hotels own supermaket. It's fresh and the prices are actually cheaper than other supermarkets outside.

So why did I write the above title? Simply becouse that's how you feel when there. The kindness of the professional managers is reflected on the whole staff. You don't find this kind of warmth in many hotels. Though the size of the big hotel you still feel the touch of a family driven hotel.

Mr Giorgos and Miss Katja, you are amazing people and with you as managers this hotel will never be anything than a success. I will not forget our stay at your hotel and I hope we'll get the chance to meet again in the future. I'm thankful that we choosed our 10 years wedding anniversary at your hotel. You made it unforgettable.

Pierre, Gracia and Christelle Messo

Room Tip: We booked through Airtours
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank pierremesso
AtriumPlatinum, Public Relations Manager at Atrium Platinum Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2011
Dear Pierre, Gracia and Christelle Messo,

We were pleased to read that you really liked our newly opened hotel as well as the friendly and helpful team members and the high quality of food. Thank you very much for the detailed explanation of our spacious and modern rooms.

We can inform you as well, that our Aphrodite & Hermes Spa Center officially opened this Monday. Exquisitely peaceful treatment rooms and a professional trained therapist will make sure that our guests will be able to relax body and soul.

Thank you for having spared the time to give so much information about your stay and we sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back again in the not too distant future. We were pleased to read that we had met your expectations and that you are planning to return again with Christelle.

We hope that you enjoy the Atrium Platinum experience at your home.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

George Stamatiou & Katja Kougras
General Manager & Guest Relations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2011

The hotel opened in the middle of June. Everything inside is new, and many areas and spots are unfinished!

When I entered the lobby, the reception manager greeted me with a warm smile, and Katja (she can give you the best tips for Rhodes – where to eat, drink and swim) showed me to my room.

The food was very tasteful with excellent presentation. Swimming pool and bar area was really relaxing and Pantelis the pool bartender had our drinks ready in advance having always one joke to say!

The real rating of the hotel is 4 points, due to the unfinished parts and drilling during the day. But as I promised to the hotel manager George who approached us with “great” diplomacy and might be one of the most hospitable men I have ever met, I give 5 points for the great potential, the young team of staff and their continues smile.

Dislike

Noise from construction works, drilling, hammering even early in the monrning at 7.30.
Loud shows by the pool area, I prefer to eat and drink with sax or piano! If I want shows, I will choose Club Med and not the Atrium Platinum!
Wi-Fi Internet throughout the hotel (Internet did not work while I was there), George had given me his private internet connection from home.
The bridges by the pool area are extremely slippery and dangerous.
Unfinished pool view from the Gym

Great staff, great building, large rooms, large pool area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank lobbySPA
Dear valuable guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent Atrium Platinum experience.
We have, however, noted your various comments on how we can improve things and we are seeing how the necessary corrective action can be taken.

I would like to inform you, that the Wifi problem is solved and we are now able to provide wireless internet access to our guests free of charge.

As well as we have improved the safety on the pool bridges and furthermore I can inform you, that the Aphrodite & Hermes Spa Center Is officially open for public and that the pool is finished as well.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhodes Town
Elysium Resort & Spa
Elysium Resort & Spa
#1 of 15 in Kallithea
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,502 reviews

Been to Atrium Platinum Hotel? Share your experiences!