“Friendly staff & great service”

Atrium Platinum Hotel
Ranked #5 of 127 Hotels in Rhodes Town
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Friendly staff & great service”
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the staff were wonderful and make you feel very welcome. Considering that they have only been open a couple of weeks, they are doing a great job. The restaurant manager greets each guest. It is a more modern hotel which I suspect is why some people say it is not a 5 star but I disagree. The beds are really comfortable - generally Greek beds are hard but they have really nice comfortable beds. The service is 5 star and so is the rest of the hotel - just modern decor - a wonderful find so close to Rhodes town. A taxi to and from Rhodes town only costs $8 (or $10 if you book it) and you can walk, admittedly not a short walk but you do walk off the delicious breakfast calories. If you want to relax and be pampered try their sister hotel, the Atrium Prestige but it is more than an hour away from Rhodes town (worth the drive). The Platinum is perfect if you want to spend time in Rhodes Town. We will be back again.

Room Tip: Private splash pool is worth the indulgence.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Z-Trav999
AtriumPlatinum, Guest Relations Manager at Atrium Platinum Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2011
Dear valuable Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay at the Atrium Platinum Luxury Resort Hotel & Spa.

I was very happy to read that you found our staff to be wonderful and thank you for mentioning our comfortable beds. I am honored to receive your kind words regarding our helpful and polite colleagues such as the restaurant manager and would like you to rest assured that our comments be shared with the rest of the team and appreciated.

Furthermore I would like to thank you for sharing with the readers of tripadvisor that our hotel is only is short distant to the city of Rhodes. Just a step away (3km) of the City center, where once the statue of the Colossus of Rhodes, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, used to welcome travelers at Mandraki Harbour. The stunning medieval Old Town has been declared as World Heritage Site.

Thank you as well for mentioning our sister hotel the Atrium Prestige in Lachania.

Our guest’s complete satisfaction is our main goal Atrium Platinum, and it is rewarding to learn this has been achieved on this occasion. We do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to our hotel in the not to distant future.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Beersel
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We have discovered this hotel for the first time and we can really recommand it.
Beautifull swimming pools for the kids, very good service and accomodation.
Really perfect rooms and very good , fine food.
When the hotel will be totaly finished ( tennis courts, bowling ....) it think it will be the nr 1 in Ixia.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Nukkes
Dear valuable Guest,

It is very pleasing to learn that you did enjoy your recent stay with us here at Atrium Luxury Resort Hotel & Spa, and many thanks for posting your experience here on Trip Advisor.

Thank for you for mentioning our swimming pools, which your kids loved as well as the good service.

I loved to read your response and to see that in so few words your explanation made it clear to see how much you enjoyed our hotel. I really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the nr 1 in Ixia l in the not too distant future.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Excellent, spacious rooms, overlooking a complex pool structure, with beautiful sea view. Variety of restaurants and bars, very good quality and variety breakfast buffet. Cleaning service twice a day. Young staff, polite and eager to please. High quality beds. Bathroom amenities could be of better quality.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Nicos K
AtriumPlatinum, Guest Relations Manager at Atrium Platinum Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2011
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read from your review that you had enjoyed your stay at the Atrium Platinum Luxury Resort Hotel & Spa.

Furthermore I would like to thank you for your kind words about our polite staff and for mentioning our spacious rooms, the pools as well as our good quality and variety at the breakfast buffet.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to the Atrium Platinum in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

We had our family holidays this year in Rhodes! We chose the hotel due to the positive comments on the tripadvisor site and we have not regretted it! The hotel is in full operation, although some floors are still under construction! The main asset of the Atrium Platinum though is the young staff! The manager, the reception manager, all the people in the restaurant, the chef who was outside giving information about the food, even the two girls at the mini market were representing the greek hospitality! My son, 9 years old, was playing table tennis and pool activities with the two members of the animation team.
We have found "our hotel" in Rhodes, and we are looking forward to see the full project in 2012!

We love you all!

Gana P.

• Stayed August 2011
5 Thank ganapara
Dear valuable Guest,

I am delighted to learn you & your family had such a nice Atrium Platinum experience and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here on Trip Advisor.

I am very happy to learn that you have enjoyed especially our food and service as well as I am also grateful to receive your kind words regarding our Management, “friendly” colleagues and Animation Team. They will be delighted to hear that your stay was made much more enjoyable as a result of their hard work and service.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers visiting Rhodes and we do hope we will have the pleasure of having you stay with us again to offer you more of the Atrium-Greek hospitality. Your hotel in Rhodes and its stuff is looking forward to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Paris
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We landed in Rhodes and to our big surprize, all cab drivers were on strike!!! However we called the hotel reception which reacted efficiently and sent us one of the bell captains with a car to pick us up! Thanks a lot!
New hotel, not completely finished. Large rooms and suites, although a bit noisy (doors are not soundproof...).
All the restaurants we tried were good. Buffet breakfast was excellent.
One thing to note: pool bar is open until 1 am with music, which can sometimes be rather loud...
Service was very good too. Pool area was very nice but may get a bit small once the hotel is fully operational with all rooms open.
WiFi worked in the rooms or balconies, sometimes with difficulties, sometimes very well.
All in all this was an enjoyable stay.

2 Thank FrenchParis
Dear valuable Guest,

Regarding the music at the pool area I would like to point out that you can rest assured that these comments of yours have been discussed within the management for immediate action will be taken.

I am glad you enjoyed the food and dining and that you have found it offered as an excellent breakfast buffet. I am very grateful to receive your kind words regarding our helpful staff and the quality of our food. Your comments will surely be shared with the rest of the team and appreciated.

For the season 2012 we will surely increase the amount of sun beds and umbrellas at the pool area around the terrace and lawn area.

We have also taken note of your suggestion with regards to free WiFi access and the same has been discussed with our service provider to explore possible solutions.

Despite the inconvenience you encountered I was very pleased to note that overall your stay was excellent and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Bilbao, Spain
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I stayed at the Atrium Platinum for 14 days! I arrived late at night and entered my sea-pool view room! My husband and I were really tired from the plane so we decided to sleep immediately! That was IMPOSSIBLE, a show was taking place at the pool bar and the music was so loud we thought it was in the room! I called the reception and informed me that they will finish in 15 minutes! Finally, after 40 minutes the music stopped and both of us were very angry! The next day, the manager contacted us, although we had not asked from him and in a way apologised for the inconvenience caused! We found that very nice and polite from the hotel! Then he suggested to have an appointment with Katja in order to inform us about the beauties of Rhodes and suggest a full plan for the duration of stay!
We rent a car from a well known international company (cheaper than the one in the hotel), and had the most wonderful vacation ever! During the day exploring the island and at night having wonderful food at the main or pool restaurant!
If you want a top class hotel, with exceptional friendly staff then Atrium Platinum is the place to go!

Dear valuable Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay at the Atrium Platinum Luxury Resort Hotel & Spa and I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your holiday with us.

Once again please take my sincere apologies regarding the unpleasant arrival and the noises. But I am glad to hear that everything just turned out to be perfect. And I was more than happy to read that we could meet your expectations.

We do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to our hotel and thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers visiting.

Many thanks for your comments regarding the restaurants, the food and the staff and I was very delighted you had a relaxing stay and that the Atrium Platinum is the place to go.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 20 August 2011

This will be a beautiful property when it is completed. , , it isn 't. And until then it can't be considered a 5 star property either.

My husband and I were thrilled when our travel agent booked this hotel for our stay in Rhodes. When we arrived we were disappointed with so many aspects of this property, we feel that it can only legitimately be given 3 stars at this time. Taken a,one the concerns that we have identified below may seem trivial, but collectively they ruin the ambiance of the stay and definitely impair the quality of the hotel.

First the property is not finished. This would not be as much of a concern if it the "in progress" portions of the property were isolated, but no single part of the property seems to be finished. The hotel lobby is decorated in bright colors with great decor, but is marked by empty alcoves with incomplete light fixtures which I assume will one day be decorative. There are holes where i assume light fixtures will one day be. The garden/fountain viewed from one elevator shaft is empty and the other is dirty. The elevator nearest our room worked, sometimes, but when it did landed on the pool floor in an often unlit and very unfinished landing area with unfinished walls (note the dry wall spackle) and again missing light fixtures and exposed wires. Walking to our room, we had to pass through expanses of apparently deserted space - most of which was only partially lit, with exposed wires for future light fixtures. The interior courtyard of the hotel (boarded by the skeleton of what I suppose is a wing still under construction) is landscaped with a few sad bushes. The grounds of the hotel outside of the immediate pool area are landscaped by some sad looking trees - and incomplete, exposed irrigation lines. The decorative fountain at the entry of the hotel (which would have made a great photo opportunity) was never on and neither was the one at the property entrance from the road. The hotel has a lot of promise, but e staff does not even seem to acknowledge that it is a promise yet unrealized.

The staff also was not 5-star. For a seemingly deserted hotel, the staff was slow and less than pleasant. We arrived before our room was ready so we opted to have lunch while we waited and we were told that our bags would be delivered to our room. While the food was great, the service was slow. when we reported to our room our bags were not there. We were not able to call to the front desk from the phone in our room (a function of the property being in progress?) so had to trek through the deserted halls again and wait on our bags. Twice during our stay we were joined in the small elevator by construction or maintenance staff - they had tools and equipment and reeked from working outside. Isn't that what service elevators are for? Or shouldn't elevators be ceded to guests (especially considering only two seemed to work consistently and reliably?)

The room itself was beautifully appointed and the bed was very comfortable. We had a beautiful view if the sunset. However, the thoroughness of the cleaning staff is of concern. In a semi-vacant hotel that has only been open for 2 months I was very concerned about the appearance of mildew in the grout in the bathroom.

I think to call this a 5 star property is premature in both finish and refinement.

Room Tip: The sunsets from the ocean view rooms are beautiful.
4 Thank SMLoquvam
AtriumPlatinum, Guest Relations Manager at Atrium Platinum Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2011
Dear valued Guest,

We are disappointed to read from your review that you were not pleased with your stay with us and our sincere apologies for not having me your expectations on this occasion. Please be assured that I will be sure to review your comments with the relevant departmental managers as we always want to rectify our shortfall in service and standards and ensure that our guests are satisfied at all times.

Since the Atrium Platinum Luxury Resort Hotel & Spa only opened 2 ½ month ago it is natural that the gardens, trees and the grass still has to grow! There is unfortunately not much we can do about, even if we have already planted big trees, like old pine and olive trees to keep up the Mediterranean style.

Most areas of the hotel are completely finished like the pool area, the spa center, the bars and all 5 restaurants. There is not construction going on anymore in the hotel.

The decorative fountain you have mentioned is a normal pool and not a fountain, therefore it cannot work as a fountain.

Regarding your disappointment with our staff, I have to mention that your opinion and experience is standing out of the experience and opinion of most of our guest, as can be seen as well on the comments of tripadvisor.

Once again my apologies and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards
Elysium Resort & Spa
Elysium Resort & Spa
#1 of 15 in Kallithea
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,502 reviews

Been to Atrium Platinum Hotel? Share your experiences!