We spent 1 week at the hotel and enjoyed it.
But we did not expect anything special, when been ones in Asia, none of EU hotels could be real 5 stars.
Some useful tips:
1. Not all rooms have good view. All of them face sea, but most also face pool area and a few looks to the ugly road and sun fired grass. Ask rooms facing the pool when make booking
2. Inside it looks as a hospital or unfinished design: white empty corridors, grey room doors, signs & arrows put on the walls with scotch tape
3. Great food, great service at bars & restaurants, perfect Greek restaurant on the top (amassing sunset view)
4. Do not order sushi set - it's not like it supposed to be
5. Order 1 dish for 2 persons. Portions are HUGE
6. Do not buy HB. Dinner at main rest is not as interesting and tasty as at a-la carte rest and for the same price you would get more there. 5 euro for Lipton tea - too much at the buffet dinner
7. Good spa, but you can only access pool & sauna area if order treatment, otherwise it cost about 10-12 euro
8. Rodos town is nice and reasonable to visit. Taxi costs 8-10 euro. Casino is very expensive (25 euro - black jack, 5/5 - poker cash (tournaments on Wednesdays), entrance fee 6 euro per person
9. At the hotel side sea is wavy and beach is not clean. To get sun bed for free you need to get voucher at the reception daily
10. Windsurfing school next to the hotel, lesson costs 45 euro (35 if take 5 lessons)
11. Wifi is not a good quality, but that's usual for public internet
12. Disco instead of World football cup final - strange choice of hotel management. Official reason - disco was scheduled before and hard to move:)
13. Room service brings food with no tray, so it's only way to call them back to move dishes out of the room, no chance to just put it out of the door. Once we were brought food with no dinnerware.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury 5* Atrium Platinum Resort & Spa is located next to the beachfront and has a direct breathtaking view all over the west coast and the bay of Ixia. Let yourself be enchanted by romantic sunsets as well as relaxing walks along the center of Ixia with various shops and restaurants. Just a step away (3km) of the City center, where once the statue of the Colossus of Rhodes, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, used to welcome travelers at Mandraki Harbour. The stunning medieval Old Town has been declared as World Heritage Site and is waiting to get discovered by you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Bookgreece.com so you can book your Atrium Platinum Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrium Platinum Hotel Rhodes/Rhodes Town