Just come back from a weeks family holiday at the Atrium Platinum. Our children aged 4 and 7. I was a little anxious about travelling somewhere different as we normally holiday in Portugal and stay in 5* hotels, I shouldn't have worried! I'll list the good points 1st;
1. The hotel is very modern, bedrooms very spacious (we stayed in a junior suite sea view) beds very comfy and they even changed my pillows for non-feather ones
2. Food was fabulous, we stayed on full board basis, breakfast was amazing choice of breads, omelettes, smokes salmon, champagne, fruit and even Ice cream! I even saw the omelette chef making poached eggs for someone who requested them! Evening meals were just as much choice, Greek, grilled meats. Salads, fish. They even have a choice of 4 dishes which they will serve to you instead of opting for the buffet. Cristos (maître dee) was excellent as we're the 2 girls who led you to the tables. Additionally Gianis was fabulous with the children.
3. Mini club was used daily by my children. Liga (one of the children's club staff) was amazing with them. Made them feel instantly welcome. She even took approximately 7 children into the pool, I must admit I was feeling slightly wary and nervous about taking my 4 year old who cannot swim into the pool but she was so confident with them all and did not let the children out of her sight!
4. Gym was used by my husband who found it fully equipped although could open a little earlier
The only negatives are;
1. Pool - the small mosaic tiles are coming away from the cement which cut my children's feet, although when we mentioned this to the reception staff they apologised and gave us free late checkout (normally €50)
2. We arrived late at night (00.30) and there was no offer to help with our luggage to the room noting there were 5 cases!
Rhodes town is only a short taxi ride away (€10 each way). Rhodes old town is beautiful and very historic, Rhodes new town is full of boutique and designer shops. We even found a McDonald's!
All in all, our holiday was excellent and I would love to go back and stay in one of the plunge pool rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury 5* Atrium Platinum Resort & Spa is located next to the beachfront and has a direct breathtaking view all over the west coast and the bay of Ixia. Let yourself be enchanted by romantic sunsets as well as relaxing walks along the center of Ixia with various shops and restaurants. Just a step away (3km) of the City center, where once the statue of the Colossus of Rhodes, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, used to welcome travelers at Mandraki Harbour. The stunning medieval Old Town has been declared as World Heritage Site and is waiting to get discovered by you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Bookgreece.com so you can book your Atrium Platinum Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrium Platinum Hotel Rhodes/Rhodes Town