“Most welcoming, a treasure in Old Town”
Review of Saint Michel

and 1 more site!
Saint Michel
Ranked #14 of 53 Rhodes Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 June 2012

From the moment that I met Vasso, I knew that we had found a wonderful place. I had read great reviews, and hoped to stay at Saint Michel. Although we weren't able to stay in their charming old hotel, they graciously put us up in their apartment/studio. It too was lovely, with a patio outside it, which offered privacy. They even had a drying rack...wonderful for people who had been on island hopping for a couple of weeks. I have seen pictures of their hotel rooms, and have heard about the plans for the building next door, which sound wonderful. Vasso and Chris certainly go out of their way to ensure that one is happy and well-looked after. My husband had the unfortunate situation of becoming ill on the trip, and Vasso quickly helped me to contact our insurance company and recommended a very good clinic. She helped us to get our taxi to get us to the clinic, and expressed an interest in being kept up to date with his progress. You won't find better service anywhere! We will definitely stay at Saint Michel another time, and will make sure to prebook to experience the old world charm in their hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to pre-book so you won't be disappointed. This year, many hotels aren't as busy, but...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 May 2012

This is a lovely place to stay in Rhodes old town. It is only slightly off one of the old town squares - a few minutes up a side street and well located for access to the centre for buses, and the port for boats to other islands. The hotel cannot be beaten for hospitality and charm. The 700 year old building has been tastefully renovated to provide lovely, fresh rooms with clean decor and furnishings. The property next door is currently being renovated by the owner, and having had a preview of the accommodation, I can confirm that it is simply gorgeous.

The hospitality is second to none. Vasso is charming, knowledgable, helpful and unstinting with her time and help. Cristos is equally charming, welcoming us back from a hard days sightseeing with little treats, to accompany our obligatory Metaxa.

On a practical note the rooms vary, and one with access to a balcony is ideal as there isn't much outside space - you are in the old town after all. Most of the rooms have double beds, great for families, but perhaps not ideal if travelling with friends.There are computers with free internet access, which was reliable and fast, another great bonus. There is the option of a small apartment around the corner from the hotel, which is great if you want a fridge and kettle, ideal for young families. Next door, between the hotel and apartment is a small 'corner shop' which sells everything you could need, at a reasonable price, including spinach and feta pies, and meltingly delicious pastries. Again the owners are absolutely lovely, and very friendly.

I can heartily recommend the hotel. We also took the bus to Lindos, which is pretty, and the boat to Symi, which was a pleasant bruise to a lovely island - rocky, with a beautiful town of neo-classical renovated houses. Next time I go to Rhodes I will stay at the Saint Michel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank someplacenice12
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stayed at this beautiful little hotel located within the walled city of Rhodes. We had booked Room #5 because of it's rooftop terrace, and I cannot express to you what a treat it was! The hotel is not in the middle of the touristy center, but only a 5-10 minute walk to get to the center. This allowed for a more quiet and calm stay! Chris and Vasso constantly went out of their way to help us and to make sure we had a nice stay. They recommended great restaurants, and even helped us book a rental car for one day (the car was delivered and picked up at the hotel- extremely convenient!!). They also recommended the key places to make sure to see on our drive around the island. The room was extremely clean, it had a modern bathroom, and there was even an iron and a hairdryer. Breakfast is not included in the price, but I believe they can serve breakfast for a small charge. There is also a small supermarket next door, so you can buy any small breakfast items, snacks or drinks from there if needed. Also, many of the restaurants in town also serve breakfast. We loved our entire stay at the Saint Michel and would recommend it to anyone going to Rhodes!

Room Tip: Room number 5 is the one with the large patio/terrace
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank livinginitaly
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This is a fantastic small hotel in a beautiful 700 year old historic building. Vasso and her uncle Chris took me in like family and thought of everything. They helped me make the most of my visit to Rhodes going way beyond expectations. They did absolutely everything to make my visit smooth and pleasant arranging a scooter for me, delivering extra blankets on the cold night, and extra bedside lamp so I could read in bed at night, a clothes line when I wanted to wash out my shirt... nothing was too much trouble. On top of that, Vasso and Chris are warm and friendly people who will answer any question and make everyone feel at home.
I stayed in the small studio apartment which was spotlessly clean, linens and towels changed very often, it was quiet with a great big sunny private terrace surrounded by flowering trees - the scent of wisteria and orange blossom everywhere! I will definitely stay with Vasso and Chris anytime I visit Rhodes again.
Very heartily recommended.

Room Tip: Theey also have a small studio apartment around the corner, absolutely perfect for couple or single...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Like many other tourists I've never feel particularly compelled to write a review however, on this occasion I wanted to share my experience. The Saint Michel Hotel is in the Old Town of Rhodes & is a gem!. It is located close to the main drag but far enough away to be peaceful and can also be reached from Acandia gate. The building, which is about 700 years old, has been very tastefully renovated. We were originally only going to stay for 2 nights but after having seen the rooms and having met Christos and his neice Vasso we stayed for a total of 5 nights in which to explore the delights of the Old Town and beyond. We had the triple room for part of our stay which has a large four poster bed in it, a single bed and still plenty of room for a sofa & table without feeling cramped the room is huge!.It even has it's own private balcony. The bathroom looked brand new with a bathtub,overhead shower, large sink & toilet & again is very spacious. The Hotel is very,very clean indeed. We also stayed in the apartments just around the corner from the main Hotel & this didn't disappoint either. It was very clean with a large double bed and 2 singles, with a separate kitchen area, new shower room and very good air con. I absolutely loved our stay with this Greek family. Christos arrange a car for us & we explored southern Rhodes which is a must if you have enough time. Christo also recommended good restaurants and even arranged a taxi to take us to the airport at 3am on our last day. I would highly recommend this Hotel. I will definitley return if ever in Rhodes again. Wonderful hosts.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dyan H
Reviewed 17 September 2011

The owner of the hotel went out of his way to make us feel welcome. The hotel is located just outside the tourist area, 10 minute walk max, which is great because it's quiet, yet close to the action. The room was nicely furnished. We would definitely recommend Saint Michel to anyone staying in Rhodes Town.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WhatIsAChimneySweep
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed for 1 night. The owner(s) were very helpful and friendly. Very clean, and updated bathroom was very nice. Room a bit on the small side. Breakfast was very good. Located right in Old Town. We had to walk quite a distance with our bags, since you can't drive in the Old Town. But hotel is located right near the wall, and not too far from one of the gates. Internet was spotty, and unreliable, but free.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple