“highly recommended”

Oktober Downtown Rooms
Ranked #65 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I went to Rhodes in April because I had to attend a 2-days conference. Because it seemed to be a wonderful place, my bf decided to join and we stayed for one entire week.
I decided to book at the October for 2 reasons: good reviews on Tripadvisor and a very reasonable price. We took half pension for one week and it was a very good choice.
The hotel is nice and modern. As other reviews say, the pillows and the mattress are amazing. The room is big enough, very minimalistic but functional. The sink in the bathroom is indeed very small but it did not bothered me at all. Also, very nice shower and a very good hairdryer (you won't need to take yours). The closet was big enough and the air conditioning works perfectly.
I strongly advise you to go for half pension for 2 reasons: 1) Rhodes is very truistic and (even in April) it is not easy to find food for a low price; 2) the cook of the hotel is very good. Every night there were two buffets: a cold one with salads, feta cheese and tzatziki sauce (btw, best tzatziki I had in Rhodes), and a warm one with at least 5-6 different things that change every night. I was very pleased every single night... the guy can really cook! The only thing I did not like was the bread.
Breakfast is simple but good: very good yogurt, cereals, feta cheese, salads, warm giropitas and various savory stuffed rolls, croissants, eggs, bacon, cake. It could improve a lot with couple of supplements as toasted bread, at least 2 fruit juices instead that one and fresh salad fruit.
The stuff of the hotel is amazing. They are super kind and fulfilled all our requests (like an additional pillow, more towels etc). One night we were out for an excursion and we knew we were going to be late for the dinner service. They took some food apart for us, which was kept nice and warm!
When we left the girl at the desk asked us (being genuinely interested) what they could improve. I gave my suggestions for breakfast (and bread for dinner), so you will probably enjoy the little improvements!
Ah, last but not least, there is a internet connection for free in our room (which is apparently something that is not always for free in Rhodes).

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LunaRussa

Reviewed 19 April 2013

What a beautiful hotel!!! good pized pool. Incredible divans and minimalist decor - well-equipped bar and coffee bar.... exceedignly polite and helpful reception staff - includes its' own restaurant.
Rooms are NY style-comfort and the showers are a true experience to be had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Walk to the sea front and all the quaint cafes, restuarants and shops and back to the hotel in minutes!!! At the moment they are offering a great deal for a stay - before the high season so hurry!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Just please stay there!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel. I suggest this minimalist design hotel (especially to couples)...Rooms was very clean n big...Furnitures was so new...Hotel staff was very kindly n helpful. Perfect location, very close to shopping&old city...You love this hotel...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cenkhasdal
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We travel to Rhodes twice a year and we don't go for fancy expensive accommodation as we like to be out and about watching the world go buy and visiting places of interested so just usually search the internet for deals so rarely return to the same hotel. This is the exception. Modern bright, King size bed with memory foam mattress where a good nights sleep is guaranteed, Clean linen and towels daily. pool towels available on request. Good service and impeccable cleanliness.we had a deal which included breakfast, Very basic but what do you expect for the low prices. Lovely local bars and restaurants along the street and a 10 min stroll to harbor and old town
We have already booked to return next May as wanted to ensure we got availability. Excellent hotel for what you pay.

2  Thank kathca12
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We have found this place with the advises we got from internet. The price is very good when compared to the comfort you receive. we didn't get the breakfast as you can take it around easily. The room size is big enough for two people to stay. the cleaning is good enough. The only negative thing is the small sink. There is good reataurants in 100 metres away and very good local bar Metexi two buildings away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking for the street to have more comfort
Reviewed 29 October 2012

October hotel is placed in a very good location in the new town. Especially if you are traveling in the off season, you should prefer this city hotel to enjoy the ease of getting around Rhodes.
Kind staff, nice room (the bathroom is a little small which should not be a huge problem)
The staff guided us to the best restaurants in town and we had great 5 days.
Ask the reception about the restaurant called to Steki. This is located in the countryside, 40 min drive from the center. You will enjoy the best food in Rhodes ..

Reviewed 22 October 2012

My husband and I spent a week in this hotel in early September. I have to say I was positively surprised about the hotel. Good location, near the beach, walking distance from old town and harbour. And there are many good restaurants around the corner. I asked for a quiet room facing to swimming pool and that's what we got. The room was modern and big enough for us. And the bed was the best I've ever had on any holiday! Very comfortable double bed with good pillows. I always have problems with my neck when having different kind of pillows in hotels but for the first time ever in hotel I didn't have any ache in my neck.

Many people complain about small bathroom. Well, it's quite small and yes, the water came out from bathroom but we put one of the towels on the floor by the "door" (which is a glass) and that prevented the water to flow on to the bedroom. However, bathroom was big enough for our needs and it's modern. (same style what we had in our hotel in Thailand) towels were sometimes very bad but due to reading comments here about towels we had taken some own towels with us. I liked the room, I liked the hotel. Will definitely be back and recommend this hotel to any friends. It's a good hotel for friends and couples. May not be so good for families with children. Only thing what I'd like to change in this hotel is the breakfast. It was ok but more choices would be nice. It's very basic breakfast. But still I always got my tummy full so I can't complain.

• Stayed: September 2012