Agla Hotel
US$197
US$235
US$222
  • Breakfast included
Dionysos Hotel(Rhodes Town)(Great Value!)
US$413
US$210
US$205
Oceanis Hotel(Rhodes Town)
US$151
US$146
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold townwindy beachsea viewnice hotelfrosted glassmini marketa stones throwthree starbreakfast roomswimming poolremote controlair conbar streetbathroom doorroom cleaningthe rooms were cleaned dailylovely island
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I had stayed in this hotel a few years back and i was amazed that they gave me a super big room, so i went back in June, as it is in the city center and it's suited for bussiness trips. First of all there was no parking seat AT ALL, i had to pull a fight with the pizza place owner across from the hotel to park. The rooms need to be rennovated asap, the beadsheets and duvet are from the 70s! So is all the lobby etc. The room had only one plug, ONE PLUG for a dubble room! Couldn't even charge my phones! The wifi was slow but the girl at the front desk so nice and so helpful. The breakfast is served on a basement-like room, it looked like a hospital or something, very noiy and crowded and the waitress offered me the coffee that was left from the table next to me! She pissed me off, i told her to get me a new jug of coffee. At first she tried getting into a conversation with me "Why, miss, its ok, miss, they didnt touch it, miss", that pissed me off even more. I answered that i am aware i'm not in a 5 star hotel, but this is basic hygiene and kindness/hospitality and then she started apologising and got me the fresh jug. There are so many hotels in Rodos, maybe even cheaper than this one, why bother going there? It should cost 35-40 euros tops.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank StellaZachariou
AglaHotel, Owner at Agla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

It was extremely disappointing to read your review and I am completely surprised by your report. As you can see if you look at trip advisor we have excellent reviews for a 3 star hotel. I note that you came on business and had trouble parking, we do not say anywhere that we have our own parking and I would imagine if you were a regular visitor to Rhodes you would know how difficult it is to find parking at all in the summer.
I do apologise if you were not given fresh coffee and I will take this up with Sophia,who by the way usually receives glowing reports.
The hotel was completely renovated in 2009 and 2010 and this year we have updated the soft furnishings.
PAMELA SALVARIS
HOTEL AGLA

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 10 days during the summer. The hotel is well located, at a walking distance from the old city and from the main city beach which is on the other side of the island, while in front of the hotel there is the windy beach were it is impossible to swim and always empty. We paid extra for a sea view which was more of an old buildings view with a bit of sea. The room was of a good size, however the bathroom door was made of glass and looking just in front of the bed, which was quite awful. No internet connection was available apart from the lounge bar, which gave you a 30 min pass after you had bought a drink. The only wifi offered costed around 15 euros per day, which is ridiculous given that most caffes and restaurants on the island have free access wifi. It happened twice that the cleaning lady entered the room without knocking at the door early in the morning, while the next days when we decided to put outside the "do not disturb" sign, somebody was calling us at 8.00 and hanging up the telephone at least for a couple of days. The breakfast was average and we discovered that only filter coffee or tea was available included in the breakfast price, fresh orange juice and crepes or cappucino had to be paid for. The only bright exeption in the hotel was the lady responsible for the breakfast, always helpful and smiling and the home made pies. The reception staff was quite arrogant and seemed to be indifferent when hearing complaints. Many of the staff do not seem to have any professional training for their tasks and to really hate their job,although a decent hotel should be investing in hospitality. Overall, the hotel itself is not so bad, a bit outdated and old fashioned, however the staff and the management seemed to care only about money and not at all about customers and this had made an extremely negative impression to us. We will certainly not go back to this hotel and would not reccomend.

Room Tip: You should not pay extra for a sea view as the view makes really not difference.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

I have taken a long time to answer your review as I wanted to check out all you said. I remember that you had a corner room with a full sea view, yes there is another building in front of the hotel but this has only 2 floors and you were on the 4th floor.
Regarding the opaque door in the bathroom this is quite normal and in fact recently in a hotel in Rome my bathroom was glass not even frosted glass. However I do appreciate that this is not to everyones taste.
The side of the island the hotel is on does have more wind in the summer than in the winter but it is quite popular for just that reason as the wind helps one to feel cooler.
I am sorry you felt the reception staff did not come up to standard but in their defence I believe they are usually very helpful and I have confidence in them. We changed just one person this year who we felt was not quite right but he was always polite.
I do agree that Sophia in the restaurant is an excellent maitre and on that we can agree.
In conclusion I am disappointed that you found the hotel disappointing.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Good location, quite short walk to the Old Town and to the beaches.
Nice breakfast, not so much variety but excellent service! Also the pool bar staff were really nice and good basic food. Pretty basic rooms, a bit old fashioned already but the nice service makes up for that!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank 1Niina
AglaHotel, Owner at Agla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you dear guest from Finland. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope y ou will keep us in mind next time you come to Rhodes.
Seasons greeting

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I have just spent a very enjoyable week at Agla Hotel on the lovely island of Rhodes. We choose Agla because the reviews on Tripadvisor were very favorable and convinced us we would get the 'personal' service we appreciate. Fortunately we were not disappointed. The staff our excellent and very attentive, particularly Sophia who with her excellent memory effortlessly looks after all guests breakfast requirements. The food was superb. We were delighted with our room which was very clean and well maintained on a daily basis. Agla represents excellent value for money. The hotel is very well positioned for visiting the amazing 'Old Town' with its myriad of small shops and restaurants set within the walls of the ancient castle (I understand the largest castle in Europe) The beech is just a stones throw away and warm, Med. water made swimming effortless and enjoyable. All in all a wonder stay. Thank you Agla. We will be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Roger C

Thank you delightful guests for your delightful review. We were so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back again in Rhodes very soon.
Seasons greetings and good wishes to you.
Pamela

Reviewed 19 October 2013

This hotel is in a brilliant location, with a 10 minute walk to Old Town. The staff are very friendly, breakfast has a good variety and you always get a warm welcome from the staff, especially Sofia. Would definitely recommend and would go back.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
AglaHotel, Owner at Agla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for your excellent precise review and for taking the time to write it. We send you best wishes for the holiday season.