All reviews rooftop bar old town small luxury hotel pool area short walk outstanding hotel breakfast buffet is location was perfect perfect stay house keeping choose this hotel spent a week city hotel within easy walking distance medieval city large pool late check
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

We stay here the early part of August . The hotel is very nice and rooms are spacious. I would have expected our suite to have been
Much bigger as we went for the top spec one. There was no complimentarys in the room. Not even water which I found very surprising. I would not stay here again. Too expensive for what it is

Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My husband and I were in Rhodes in early August and had chosen this hotel based on the many positive reviews online as well as it's location, which is only a 5 minute walk from the glorious medieval old town.

The hotel is beautiful, with a very understated luxurious feel. The rooms were very comfortable, clean and well decorated and the lobby is also very nice, with beautiful areas to read or rest.

The pool area is simply gorgeous, with a large, extremely clean infinity type pool surrounded by lounge chairs, flowers and trees and a bar and outdoor cafe a few steps away that offers drinks and food, which were of high quality. The pool area is like an oasis in the middle of Rhodes and a perfect place to spend a few hours after walking the new and old towns. The pictures of the pool area on the hotel's web site do not do it justice.

What made this hotel even more special was the unbelievable service from every person who worked at the hotel. From the three lovely ladies that worked behind the front desk during the day to the intelligent, kind man who worked at the front desk in the evening, we could not have been made to feel more welcome. They helped us with a car rental, and discussed with us interesting places and beaches to visit all over the island (we had the car for 4 full days). The waiters and waitresses were also so helpful and nice, whether it was at breakfast or at the outdoor cafe for lunch. We did not try dinner at the hotel so we can not comment on this.

In our bathroom, however, there were no drawers and not nearly enough counter space around the sink for our personal products. As well, we found that although the buffet breakfast was varied, the food offered was not as high quality as it could, or should, have been. We think the hotel should consider improving the quality and selection of the breakfast items.

Aside from these two minor issues, we could not have been happier with our stay at this hotel. Rhodes is such a wonderful island and this hotel made our time in Rhodes very special. We plan on going back to Rhodes with our children and staying here once again.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndreaLovestoTravel
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice now and this is my first review of the Rodos Park.
Firstly, the location is perfect. 5 minute walk to the new town for great shopping and eating out, also 5 minute walk to the old town where the castle is located and an energetic night of tastes and more shopping awaits. Also a good location for parking your hire car if you get one.
The hotel itself is very grand but on a smaller scale hence its worthy small luxury hotels of the world membership. The staff are very professional without being stuffy at all, they were quite lovely to interact with. Breakfast was fantastic with a great selection. The pool is lovely to laze around during the hot days, and beautiful at night if you decide to eat outside. The room we had was the Superior Suite which accommodated two adults and two children very comfortably. You'll get a king size bed with ensuite and a double roll out bed if you got kids which was quite comfortable.
Also, do try the spa, it's amazing.

My only two complaints would be the TV program selections and the terrible in room wifi which hardly worked. I still give the hotel a full rating as I didn't bring the family to play on their iPads and watch TV. But it would be nice if they sorted those two issues out for comfort at least when in the room.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We very impressed by the position of the hotel and quality of the rooms, pool, service, food.I would like to thank the staff for having upgraded us to a beautiful Suite on the back, very quiet room.I was so sad to leave this hotel after 3 nights and move to a big resort in Ixia where there is nothing to do: only big hotels,supermarkets, and touristic restaurants!I prefer small luxury hotels like Rodos Park Suite and I will come back!We were lucky to see a French Tv star at the swimming pool, she's very famous but I respect her privacy, so I will not write her name!
Thank you everybody.
Alexandra

Room tip: choose a room on a back side if you are a light sleeper.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZIKICA
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed here for about a week on a business trip. The front desk staff were extremely helpful. One of my colleagues had her bag lost by the airline and the desk kept calling for her. The breakfast buffet had a lot of variety and was very fresh. The pool was beautiful as well as the rooms. IT was right next to Old Town as well. I would definitely stay here again when in Rhodes.

• Trip type: Travelled on business