“The all inclusive deal at the Capsis Hotel is amazing.”

Capsis Hotel Rhodes
Ranked #85 of 127 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“The all inclusive deal at the Capsis Hotel is amazing.”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Stayed at the the Capsis for 1 week. Would definitly go back. Not 5* but still really nice.I was a bit worried when I read the negative reviews, but was pleasently sursprised. So do not take notice of those who moan about the food and staff.

There are a few minor issues with the hotel. The elevators are a bit slow and unpredictable, button lights are permanently on or don’t come on at all. Some don’t go to the eighth floor. This was reported to reception but nothing was done.

The rooms of the hotel are a little tired and in need of renovation. Our room in particular had quite thin walls and although our neighbours in the room were not excessively noisy we could hear everything that was said. The doors have still have a physical key and no internal lock and no security safe in the room. Although separate safety deposit boxes were supplied at an exorbitant cost €18 Euros for 24 hours as was the Wi-Fi internet connection at €20. There are some computers in the huge lobby available to use at €1 per 12 minutes. TV was a joke. 5-6 channels most of them Greek, the only English speaking channel was BBC world news. With satellite TV nowadays there is no excuse to have such poor service. I think they are also missing a trick by not having a pay TV service where you can watch a film if you want to.

The positive points numerous. The staff were very friendly and helpful.The food variation is probably the best I’ve seen and tasted at breakfast, lunch and dinner. The endless supplies of food and drink were amazing. The sea is just across the road. They even have a tunnel/underpass to prevent you crossing the road. Although dated the hotel is very clean . " lovely pools, one with fresh water and the with sea water. Plenty of sunbeds and never had any problem finding one.

There is a bar in the main lobby. I have never seen bar staff work as hard with the endless supply of all inclusive drinks. I have seen the bar staff take several different orders from several different people and serve them all at once. I’d say the hardest workers in the hotel Amazing. There are a further two bars There is an ‘Animation Crew’ which put on events and try to keep the guests entertained. Not my scene but if you want to get involved there is that option.
Myself and my husband did walk to Rhodes Old Town Centre which took us 45mins, but the walk was along the coastline and was really beautiful.

The only problem with all inclusive holidays it tends to make you less adventurous about eating out and experiencing the local entertainment. We ventured out to a local bar nearby called The Surf Bar. They had a rock band playing called The Time Machine who incidentally were amazing and well worth our venture out. They play every Wednesday and Friday evening from 9pm.

The only downer of the whole trip was having to leave and the journey back to the UK with Ryan Air.

For more posts and trips to places I have visited please visit my Blog http://driveawayray-travel-ideas.blogspot.com

Room Tip: Contact Andrea the Reservations Manager and ask for a High Floor room with Sea View.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Monkeytree1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sussex UK
Reviewed 12 September 2011

A bit tatty in places, lifts terrible, 5 lifts for 9 floors, often waited more than 10 minutes, We were on 7th floor, 3 lifts with button 7 broken, so could effectively only use 2 lifts, or go to floor 6 or 8 and walk up or down. Fine if you are fit and healthy, otherwise not so good.
Dining room a bit like a cattle market, food very samey. We got up from out table to get dessert, leaving our drinks on table, on return, table cleared and others sitting there! No other tables available, when I spoke to waiter, was told 'Iam busy go away.'
One day, there was a Wedding taking place, so one of main pools and half of another main pool was all decked out with wedding tables and chairs, meaning we couldn't get around one pool at all and other pool was seriously packed.
All- inclusive Bar stops at 11pm and drinks become seriously expensive. Telephone in room didn't work internally so forget phoning room service, housekeeping, reception etc. Oh, one other thing, a couple who had a late check out due to late flight, were charged 50 Euros, so beware of this excessive charge.
On a positive note, Rhodes is beautiful, just choose another Hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get ground floor room
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JulianaSussexUK
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Got to the hotel and went to check in, no hello. Bit moody. Got given key a sheet with meal times an told wer to go. Got a sea view room which needed a refurb but the view made up for it. Had a tiny balcony. Good pools, beach seconds away plenty of poolside entertainment but night time entertainment was shockingly embarrising. Not much to actually do at night unless you go to rhodes. Hotel staff and holiday makers wer mainly eastern european and food was for their taste. Plenty of salad, spag bol twice an day every day an chips wer the same. In all good if your a young couple dnt really mind the room and not so tasty food but u want 5 star luxury go down the road.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank N9vose
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We were very worried about staying at the Capsis Hotel after looking at so many bad reviews. In our party there were two adults and two children. On arrival we were greeted by two reception staff whom were very polite and helpful. We were allocated a very small room with a double bed and one single and had to ring reception to ask for another bed. The staff were very quick to respond and sent up a put up bed. However the following day we felt that the room was far too small to stay in for two weeks, so we went down to reception and asked to see the manager and were asked to come back later when he started work. After seeing the manager we were located to a family room which was fab with a lovely sea view. The hotel food is okay, the chefs work very hard to cater for so many people and do not get enough credit!! The day time and evening entertainment is very good, the animation team work very hard to please everyone, and work many hours. Lori from the entertainment team was fantastic with our two children! The hotel could do with a Refurbish as things are a little shabby in places, the bedrooms mainly. Furthermore the hotel was packed out and a little too busy for me but the children loved it. Over all I would rate this hotel a 3* and good value for money.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Bong H
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 August 2011

My husband and I honeymooned here Sept. 2010 and they had a shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel so we got to enjoy our time there from the moment we stepped on the island. There was no stress. We were driven through local neighborhoods and got to see local life. We dropped off people at several hotels and than when we pulled up to our hotel we couldn't believe that it was the biggest one we had seen! We had no idea that we were staying at one of the best and biggest hotels on our side of the island. When we got inside we felt like we were staying at the Ritz it was so fancy. The hostess was very nice and even moved us from the garden view (which is not a good view at all) to the SEASIDE view!! We couldn't believe! An upgrade so far! We had to wait awhile for our rooms to be cleaned so she told us to stop by the lunch buffet and get something to eat while we wait. When we got to our room it was on the very top level (under the penthouse) and right in the middle of the hotel so we had the best view of the ocean. It was so beautiful and the room was amazing! I am used to staying in cheap run down buildings with no extra frills so for me this room was one of the best I've stayed in. We had everything! Lots of space, 2 beds, TV with channels, an outside sitting area, big size bathroom and glass french door closet. They key was this huge magnet that you had to carry around with you. It was ok but took up alot of space when we went out. The buffet every morning, noon and night was DELICIOUS! My husband is greek so we are both used to Greek food and this was great! We ate so much every meal and was always stuffed. But the good thing was, was that we did alot of walking so we made room for more eating for every meal! LOL The staff at the Restaurant was so friendly and always made sure we had enough condiments and drinks. Although there was one lady who gave us a little attitude because we sat at a table meant for 6 people. We just wanted to get a window seat and look outside and the restaurant was busy at all at that time so we didn't think it would be a big deal. The pools outside were so beautiful and spacious. You had to save your seat very early in the morning if you wanted to lay out. And the water in the pools were always ice cold so I didn't swim much at all. I mostly laid out and got a tan. There is also a tunnel underneath the road connecting from the hotel to the beach so you can easily walk to the beach without having to cross the streets. To walk around the hotel, use the pools and have the included buffets you have to wear this plastic wristband at all times. Sometimes we saw some locals swimming in the pool without wristbands and than leave real quick through the tunnel to the beach. LOL Great trip and CANNOT wait to go back!

Room Tip: Sea side is best. Don't recommend garden view!
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank j0y2thew0rld
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Upon arriving the hotel appeared to be exactly as the brochure, almost on the beach, grand entrance etc. This is where the similarity ends. The hotel is primarily a conference facility with supporting hotel function. The restaurants and general hotel layout are clearly changed to cater for all inclusive however all posters around the hotel indicate that the restaurants and bars should be operating as normal (same as the website). Not a big deal but should be pointed out before allowing a booking. The lifts should be considered potentially dangerous, I witnessed on more than one occasion breakdowns an people stuck. Plus if your not patient then you best make sure you like stairs as you will be waiting ages for one!! The room we had was a sea view room and lived up to expectation for a view however the bed / room was nothing close and the bed gave both me and my girlfriend a week of good interrupted sleep, seemingly the mattress was well past it's sell by date and had a very thin mattress topper to try and extend it's lifespan. Bathroom was ok hot water always on tap. Down by poolside the main pool is where the entertainment is every day, the lack of variation means you can set your watch by some yoga and water gym action. The water in the main pool is extremely salty and this meant we always used the mylos pool as this seemed more normal and didn't irritate skin or eyes. On the plus side you dont need to be down at 5am to reserve sunbeds as there are plenty. Overall I was disappointed with this hotel, having stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels this one was found to be sadly lacking.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Pmyersuk

Travellers are raving about these Rhodes Town hotels

Bourne End, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Myself, mum and two children aged 6 and 7 have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel. I have to say I am well travelled and have stayed in many hotels but this has to be one of the worst! On the surface it is pleasant and I was nicely surprised when the taxi driver said that our hotel was a nice one.

The room had a double and one single bed - all the rooms are the same and fortunately ours had a nice view but some are dreadful. I immediately had to go to reception and ask where the fourth bed was - a 'put you up' bed arrived a short time later but then we struggled with space in the room which was small as it was. The worst part of the hotel along with the extremely long waits for lifts are the meal times. Never in my life have I experienced pushing and shoving like it!! My children were pushed out of the way whilst they were helping themselves on several visits to the dining room. We actually decided to only eat in the evening there twice and that was purely for convenience and time. The drinks at the hotel are terrible, not only are the queues to the bar constant, but the drinks are watered down or tasted disgusting!!!

I am not sure how this hotel achieved a status of 5 star!! I think it struggles for 3.

Do not stay here, Rhodes town has some lovely 5 star resorts. The Greek people are great and very friendly and I have stayed in Rhodes on 3 occasions, I would stay again but not at this hotel.

I hope this helps!

Sentido Ixian Grand
Sentido Ixian Grand
#17 of 127 in Rhodes Town
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,348 reviews

Been to Capsis Hotel Rhodes? Share your experiences!