“Not a five star hotel but ok”

Capsis Hotel Rhodes
Ranked #87 of 127 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Not a five star hotel but ok”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Capsis hotel is not a five star hotel as it is supposed to be. Our room was big enough, had a balcony and we were provided towels, slippers, toothbrush, body lotion and all soaps and shampoo with hair conditioner. We took half board which was excellent with a big variety in both brakfast and dinner. Every morning you could eat your favourite omelette and pancakes which were cooked in front of you. Every afternoon we were served different meal such as Chinese, Greek,Italian etc....! The swimming pool was enormous and you could swim whenever you wanted even at 12pm! The beach opposite the hotel is not so good and you have to go to other wonderful beaches like kallithea, Anthony Queen's beach and Faliraki. The problem was with the elevator because we had to wait 10-15' to go up to the sixth flour.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank effie111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dorset
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed at the Capsis last September and although we had a good holiday, we loved the swimming pool area but that was about it. The Eastern Europeans completely ruined it, very rude. The best day was taking the boat trip to Lindos -

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
13 Thank alloulou29
NW England
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I just thought I would mention as this was a generally well regarded hotel with fond memories for lots of people that i was in Ixia at the Marebleu last week and found the capsis had closed
There was an official looking notice in the revolving doors of the main entrance and one of the local bar owners indicated that it had in fact had to close its doors.A sign of the times and a sad loss in my opinion

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
19 Thank lawman90
Bingley
Reviewed 27 March 2012

great hotel and facilities , used for both tourists and business delegates.
Fantastic pools for adults and the kids , food mainly Greek ( your kiddies will have to ask for chips , but they are worth the wait, Didnt bother us as we go abroad for the local food. Entertainment fine but if you want drinks they will empty your pocket as they are premium " german" brands.
local beach of sand/gravel. use the local bars for Mythos beers at a fraction of the hotel prices. Not cheap but worth the money.

Room Tip: see the bar comment.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Largestalanz
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 21 January 2012

People - I have stayed at hotels all over the world (I travel all the time for work), and this is hands down the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The hotel is rated "5 Stars" (let's not even bother with the question of how that could have occurred, for now) - and I would not give it a full star.

My wife and I went in early September (it was hot) - the air conditioner in our room was on, but left the room as cool as Death Valley. The ceilings throughout the lobby were leaking (water would drop on your head).

Breakfast was toxic (brown eggs, shriveled and rotten bread). The pool area is a disco (blaring discoteque music). They had three elevators in the hotel, only one of which worked. And that elevator was large enough for one yound child, nothing more (guess how many people would get in the elevator at one time though, given that it was the only working elevator).

This place is a God-forsaken dump - please do yourself a favor and avoid it at all costs.

By the way - my wife and I transferred after two days of misery to the Ixian Grand down the street. The Ixian Grand is a palace. Beautiful hotel, great rooms, wonderful pool, unbelievably friendly staff - and it was cheaper that the Crap-sis. (It is tough to get a room at the Ixian Grand - but grab it if one is free).

Hope this helps, guys.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel at all costs.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Johnson M

Travellers are raving about these Rhodes Town hotels

Senec, Slovakia
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I did not stay in this hotel for standard vacation but for event of my life-wedding with my husband. The stuff supported every bit of our most weird requirements and did it in very short time notice. One day before wedding we changed the venue area and everything was without issues. The food was amazing, just pity I couldn't eat more in my tight dress.
We stayed in hotel for our wedding night and the room was absolutely amazing. Everything clean, everything in bathroom working properly. Have no right to say a bad word about this hotel.

Otherwise-weather was good except 9/10/11 when was raining.
Location-slightly out from main town, but no problem with taxi/rented car or bus to get within 5 min into old town.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Dagmara89
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I have to write this review because I read many negative reviews about this hotel.
My partner and I stayed at Capsis hotel 2 weeks on september 2010 and we absolutely loved!
Hotel at night is wonderfully illuminated,makes an impression.
The hotel is situated near the beach and has a private transition.
Our room was located on the top floor 9. Room was cleaned daily,fully air conditioned , bed was very big and comfortable.
Big swimming pool and lovely garden.
How others can write the food was terrible ??? I would like to say that food at Capsis hotel was fantastic !
Everything was fresh , lovely bread , cakes , cheese ...I think that everyone will find something for yourself.
Others said that breakfast was the same every day - Yes breakfast was the same everyday but was abaut 10 dishes
- so what u need more for breakfast? We were not disappointed .
Hotel staff always nice and helpfull except one man (gray hair about forty) from the reception he was rude and not nice.
Only on what we could complain about was the beach, a dirty, gray and narrow.
I can safely recommend this hotel

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Olympic Palace Resort Hotel & Convention Center
Bellevue Suites Hotel
Bellevue Suites Hotel
#41 of 127 in Rhodes Town

Been to Capsis Hotel Rhodes? Share your experiences!