See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Capsis hotel is not a five star hotel as it is supposed to be. Our room was big enough, had a balcony and we were provided towels, slippers, toothbrush, body lotion and all soaps and shampoo with hair conditioner. We took half board which was excellent with a big variety in both brakfast and dinner. Every morning you could eat your favourite omelette and pancakes which were cooked in front of you. Every afternoon we were served different meal such as Chinese, Greek,Italian etc....! The swimming pool was enormous and you could swim whenever you wanted even at 12pm! The beach opposite the hotel is not so good and you have to go to other wonderful beaches like kallithea, Anthony Queen's beach and Faliraki. The problem was with the elevator because we had to wait 10-15' to go up to the sixth flour.

Date of stay: October 2011
1  Thank effie111
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed at the Capsis last September and although we had a good holiday, we loved the swimming pool area but that was about it. The Eastern Europeans completely ruined it, very rude. The best day was taking the boat trip to Lindos -

Date of stay: September 2011
14  Thank alloulou29
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I just thought I would mention as this was a generally well regarded hotel with fond memories for lots of people that i was in Ixia at the Marebleu last week and found the capsis had closed
There was an official looking notice in the revolving doors of the main entrance and one of the local bar owners indicated that it had in fact had to close its doors.A sign of the times and a sad loss in my opinion

Date of stay: May 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
23  Thank lawman90
Reviewed 27 March 2012

great hotel and facilities , used for both tourists and business delegates.
Fantastic pools for adults and the kids , food mainly Greek ( your kiddies will have to ask for chips , but they are worth the wait, Didnt bother us as we go abroad for the local food. Entertainment fine but if you want drinks they will empty your pocket as they are premium " german" brands.
local beach of sand/gravel. use the local bars for Mythos beers at a fraction of the hotel prices. Not cheap but worth the money.

Room tip: see the bar comment.
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank M8469JUalanm
Reviewed 21 January 2012

People - I have stayed at hotels all over the world (I travel all the time for work), and this is hands down the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The hotel is rated "5 Stars" (let's not even bother with the question of how that could have occurred, for now) - and I would not give it a full star.

My wife and I went in early September (it was hot) - the air conditioner in our room was on, but left the room as cool as Death Valley. The ceilings throughout the lobby were leaking (water would drop on your head).

Breakfast was toxic (brown eggs, shriveled and rotten bread). The pool area is a disco (blaring discoteque music). They had three elevators in the hotel, only one of which worked. And that elevator was large enough for one yound child, nothing more (guess how many people would get in the elevator at one time though, given that it was the only working elevator).

This place is a God-forsaken dump - please do yourself a favor and avoid it at all costs.

By the way - my wife and I transferred after two days of misery to the Ixian Grand down the street. The Ixian Grand is a palace. Beautiful hotel, great rooms, wonderful pool, unbelievably friendly staff - and it was cheaper that the Crap-sis. (It is tough to get a room at the Ixian Grand - but grab it if one is free).

Hope this helps, guys.

Room tip: Stay away from this hotel at all costs.
Date of stay: September 2011