We have stayed with my husband for 5 days in July, as the remainder of our holiday was in Falaraki. As many reviews here, the best of this hotel is location. From the airport, it is about 25min drive on taxi, about 25 euros, but we took a bus for only 2.30 euro each, that gets you to Rhodes bus station and the hotel about 15min walk from there.
It is right on the sea front and the rooms are spacious and big and clean. It is suppose to be a 5star hotel but decor wise it is not, however we are not bothered, as long as it is clean, after all, you only go to your room to sleep.
We went for a half board option, even though normally we go for all inclusive. But I am sorry, there is no way this is the standard of a 5star hotel, it is a good, solid 3 star. Breakfast is your normal eggs, cereal, and toast. But dinners were very disappointing. For once, there is only a one small table with salads on it and there are only 4 hot meal options available. There is no cooking in front of you, like we had in many decent 3stars hotels, and of course, fresh cooking is always present in 5 star hotel. On one night there was pasta, boiled cauliflower, few salads and potatoes for dinner-pure vegetarian option, no meat or fish whatsoever! I don't normally complain about food as I eat a lot of salads, but going all inclusive in this hotel would have been a grave mistake! There is no sweet table/deserts. After your main course, you can have ice cream, water Mellon, cake or creme brulee. But if you ask for more, you will be told that normally it is one desert per person.
So if you want to enjoy your food while on holiday, this hotel is not for you, as the choice is very small, it is easier to go to restaurants around the hotels and for about 10 euros, you will have a decent portion with salad, chips and all.
Don't forget your beach towels as it is 4euros each for a subbed which if you take for a full day is very reasonable, as swimming pool is tiny. It is always windy so at night take a jacket or a cardi.
I will return to this hotel but only if the price was right as the location is superb, otherwise, I would rather go to Mitsis Grand Palace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the island's most privileged location, it is set in the heart of Rhodes' most popular sandy beach near the Aquarium, minutes away from Rhodes city, next to the Casino and a small distance from the Medieval City, Castle of the Knights and Ancient Ruins. Perfectly positioned, it is one of the very few hotels of the island that combines the benefit of proximity to Rhodes town, for those who seek to take advantage of the city life or explore the attractions of the Medieval town, with the comforts and all round hospitality provided by a first class hotel on the beach front. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , HostelWorld, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Mediterranean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Hotel Rhodes Town
- Mediterranean Rhodes Town
- Hotel Mediterranean Rhodes/Rhodes Town